• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino My Camino Francés, starting in SJPP

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just arrived to SJPP from Brussels by train. Looking forward to my first Camino Frances tomorrow morning!
The welcome at the pilgrims’ centre was great. Good advise included: take a good sleep, no need to start super early tomorrow morning as weather is mild. I’ll follow it..
That's exciting, Bettyvel! Would you mind providing some updates on the Albergue situation - or sharing anything the tourism office told you? I hear that many municipal albergues are closed and that reservations are recommended for the others. I'm just curious how tough it is to find reasonably-priced places to stay. I'll be starting my Camino in mid August. Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just arrived to SJPP from Brussels by train. Looking forward to my first Camino Frances tomorrow morning!
The welcome at the pilgrims’ centre was great. Good advise included: take a good sleep, no need to start super early tomorrow morning as weather is mild. I’ll follow it..
Buen Camino

Remember it is one step at a time and do your own camino at your own rhythm and pace. Listen to your body not your head or other pilgrims on when you should walk, rest, eat and sleep. If at first it seems like a long way to go do what I do. My longest camino is 5k or so. Early on during my caminos I stop about once an hour. Take off my pack, drink some water, have a small snack, stretch, sit and relax for 10 minutes or so and then I am off. Gradually you will not realize it but that hour walk and break will become 2 or 3 or more hours as your body, mind and spirit grow stronger and more connected.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen Camino peregrina.

That's exciting, Bettyvel! Would you mind providing some updates on the Albergue situation - or sharing anything the tourism office told you? I hear that many municipal albergues are closed and that reservations are recommended for the others. I'm just curious how tough it is to find reasonably-priced places to stay. I'll be starting my Camino in mid August. Buen Camino!
The pilgrim centre gave me a list of albergues and recommended to call the night before to book. This first night I stayed in a hotel, so cannot say much. But will keep posting news next days.
So excited for you. Please keep us posted on your progress and thoughts. Hugs
Arrived at Orisson after a steep walk of just 3 hours. Plenty of time to rest, watch the wonderful landscape and talk to other pilgrims. We are just six at the auberge, so very quiet.
It is to note that there is a new hostel just 1km further up, perhaps this also contributes ?
Ambience is anyway wonderful, I’m not taking just of landscape… I’m happy to be here 😄

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I’m so excited for you and know exactly where you are. Trust in the arrows and enjoy the journey. Happy St James Day!! 👣 😎 It’s going to be hot out there. May I suggest to start early, finish early, take care of your feet and hydrate. Buen Camino! 💞

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Arrived in Roncesvalles after 3 hours of steep up and down paths. Tired but happy. The view along the way is gorgeous and more than compensates the effort!!!!! It was lovely to find the food track and have a coffee, a nice chat with Jean Michel and a stamp!!
Arrived here I noticed everybody wears a mask while walking outside…. so followed the example. Apparently there are many cases in Navarra. Later I’m going to try the cider from here, it is quite famous.
There are few pilgrims, I crossed just two, the rest were people tracking across the Pyrenees. Lot of tourists.

Bettyvel,

Thanks for your update. "Tired but happy" is the way to go!

Leaving Roncesvalles tomorrow in nearby Burguete on N135/ the camino on your left is a church, next to it a small plaza and at the back of the plaza the Bar Fronton at Calle Zubiarte, 13. It is open early every morning and very pilgrim friendly; within their complex is the local fronton court.

I always stopped there on my way down from Roncesvalles usually before dawn in late winter starlight. If by chance it is still dark as you leave Roncesvalles be sure to wear or carry your head torch.

Carpe diem!

Last edited:
Bettyvel,

Thanks for your update. "Tired but happy" is the way to go!

Leaving Roncesvalles tomorrow in nearby Burguete on N135/ the camino on your left is a church, next to it a small plaza and at the back of the plaza the Bar Fronton at Calle Zubiarte, 13. It is open early every morning and very pilgrim friendly; within their complex is the local fronton court.

I always stopped there on my way down from Roncesvalles usually before dawn in late winter starlight. If by chance it is still dark as you leave Roncesvalles be sure to wear or carry your head torch.

Carpe diem!
I’ll go, thank you for the tip!

This morning I discovered through some fellow pilgrims that the alberghe in Roncesvalles provides with tickets to have breakfast and di net in nearby restaurants. I met them there!
There are more pilgrims in the alberghe than in Orisson, I could see them having breakfast.
More to come..

Very jealous @Bettyvel ! Have a wonderful Camino, and do keep us updated.

The new Auberge Borda looks nice. https://www.facebook.com/AubergeBordaPaysBasque/

For those who want to break that first day (like me) it at least gets them 1 km further up.

Lots of posts and pictures please :)

The way our vaccine roll out is going, we Aussies will be lucky if we get there even next year. :rolleyes:

Arrived to Zubiri, again tired but still very happy. I found the descent hard, specially because the path was made by stone, difficult to stay stable & needed to look down all the time to avoid falling or
twisting my ankles !
There is a river with a small side (see pic) where to relax with your feet in the water.. lovely lovely.
Some more peregrinos now, most of them Spaniards.
Cannot say anything about the alberghe as
I’m staying in a small pension. Actually I alternate…but saw lot of “free places available” notices in the village.

Attachments

• D3FF80D3-855A-47BD-91A7-5FD3666DF5BB.jpeg
    D3FF80D3-855A-47BD-91A7-5FD3666DF5BB.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 98
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The pilgrim centre gave me a list of albergues and recommended to call the night before to book. This first night I stayed in a hotel, so cannot say much. But will keep posting news next days.

Arrived at Orisson after a steep walk of just 3 hours. Plenty of time to rest, watch the wonderful landscape and talk to other pilgrims. We are just six at the auberge, so very quiet.
It is to note that there is a new hostel just 1km further up, perhaps this also contributes ?
Ambience is anyway wonderful, I’m not taking just of landscape… I’m happy to be here 😄
Thanks for these updates, Bettyvel. It's very helpful. It sounds like you are already having a "buen camino!"

Arrived to Zubiri, again tired but still very happy. I found the descent hard, specially because the path was made by stone, difficult to stay stable & needed to look down all the time to avoid falling or
twisting my ankles !
There is a river with a small side (see pic) where to relax with your feet in the water.. lovely lovely.
Some more peregrinos now, most of them Spaniards.
Cannot say anything about the alberghe as
I’m staying in a small pension. Actually I alternate…but saw lot of “free places available” notices in the village.

Today is Wednesday and I’m in Pamplona. Walked yesterday Tuesday… without being able to have a coffee or eat on our way from Zubiri because bars close on Tuesdays. All of them. The good news is that there is an alternative path to Pamplona in the most difficult part following a cycling path. It’s indicated in the app”Buen Camino”. I did not follow it, and had a more difficult way ( with more ups and downs) but with wonderful views.
Today I’m in Pamplona and will take a day off. Continuing tomorrow from Puente La Reina.

€60,-
Today is Wednesday and I’m in Pamplona. Walked yesterday Tuesday… without being able to have a coffee or eat on our way from Zubiri because bars close on Tuesdays. All of them. The good news is that there is an alternative path to Pamplona in the most difficult part following a cycling path. It’s indicated in the app”Buen Camino”. I did not follow it, and had a more difficult way ( with more ups and downs) but with wonderful views.
Today I’m in Pamplona and will take a day off. Continuing tomorrow from Puente La Reina.
If you visit the Pamplona Cathedral, be sure to ASK to see the Bellringer's House!
You have to ask.

Oops I saw only now your message, and lost it but I could enjoy the visit to the museum, really very well done. I learnt a lot!!!
I stayed in the Hostel Ibarrola and loved it. It’s a small capsule hotel like the Japanese ones, very clean and with all the facilities needed. So could do my washing and drying, breakfast was free (but do not expect too much from the coffee machine). The owner is super kind! We were 5, 4 men and myself so I had the women’s facilities all for myself!

Oops I saw only now your message, and lost it but I could enjoy the visit to the museum, really very well done. I learnt a lot!!!
I stayed in the Hostel Ibarrola and loved it. It’s a small capsule hotel like the Japanese ones, very clean and with all the facilities needed. So could do my washing and drying, breakfast was free (but do not expect too much from the coffee machine). The owner is super kind! We were 5, 4 men and myself so I had the women’s facilities all for myself!
Thanks so much for all this information Bettyvel. Hoping to start on 14 September and I’m carefully saving your helpful tips! Continued safe journey

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks so much for all this information Bettyvel. Hoping to start on 14 September and I’m carefully saving your helpful tips! Continued safe journey
Nice to start the day reading your message.
Had a nice evening in Puente la Reina with other pilgrims. Now I saw more,
They were 5 Germans, US, a Mexican, a Dominican, 2 Danish and many French. Ready to start the day..

Left early and arrived today, Thursday 29, in Estrrella at 13:30. Very tired but will do a siesta and then explore the town. I stay in Alda Hostel, which is clean and personnel very polite. Luckily the sun was partially covered, otherwise I would be burned, as there is no shadow. On the other side, there were less ups and downs and several villages with open bars.
More pilgrims in sight! (See pic)

Attachments

• 3486734A-54B3-4883-AC23-9F403B8B0774.jpeg
    3486734A-54B3-4883-AC23-9F403B8B0774.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 82
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I appreciate the up to date information as I will be walking in August. Is it possible to let us know what you think of air circulation in the bedrooms in the various places you stay?Are there windows open?

I appreciate the up to date information as I will be walking in August. Is it possible to let us know what you think of air circulation in the bedrooms in the various places you stay?Are there windows open?
Sometimes the Windows stay open, depends on the pilgrims you are with.
I alternate with hotels and can say that every place I’ve been is sparkly clean, with obligation to wear a mask respected. Rooms with open windows and now in Estrella air conditioning. People in Spain use masks also in the open air.

you are wonderful to keep posting updates; they are so helpful for those of us planning. Gracias!!!

€149,-
I am a mask-wearer when out in the shops (the few I go to… all food stuffs), and I wore a mask when I attempted to return to rock climbing last week. But I had a full blown panic attack and had to quit on my first problem — it was too hot and I just don’t even remember letting go of the wall… just that I could not get my breath and was suddenly sweating on the backs of my hands and then, when the shock lifted I was sobbing. I fear that I shan’t be able to sleep in a mask…. Shall have to wait to be able to afford hotels, or hope that I can always get a bunk right at a window… maybe sleep with my head on the sill or some such, however akimbo that might be.

I wonder for how long the masks will persist. I have no hopes to walk until about January 4th or 5th… out of Segovia, heading for Sahagún and then on to Ponferrada to the Invierno… But I will have to rethink it all if I can‘t sleep with a mask.

Perhaps I should try “sleep training” with a mask… The thought does make me feel quite panicky.

Today is Friday and I’m already in Los Arcos at 13:30. The Camino is getting less difficult. Perhaps it’s because I’m used now to walk 20k per day, perhaps because it was on the shadows and then fresh and cloudy almost all the way from Estella to Los Arcos.
Today I took the “alternative” path.. by chance! Was just following the arrows and then found myself all alone no pilgrims around. Then I catches up and the “Cruce”, it is. Ice to have some pilgrims in sight ahead of you.

Bettyvel,
Thanks for your update. It is nice to know that all is going well and that you feel comfortable and confident as you progress.

Tomorrow in Torres del Rio the camino passes a small octagonal Romanesque church, Santo Sepulcro. Some historians link this to the Knights Templar who protected the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem; others link it to the nearby monastery at Irache. Whatever, it is a small gem. Looking up into the ceiling of the central cupola crossed by ribbed vaults is mesmerizing. Do visit if you can.

Carpe diem!

I will, thank you.
Tomorrow is forecasted to rain, let’s see what happens. Diner at Los Arcos at the only restaurant of town has been nice. I know most of the pilgrims that are in town, some by name others I recognise only their faces. Stayed in a little pension (Los Arcos) which is nice and clean.

I'll be starting my Camino mid-August and am curios also.
Thank you

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'll be starting my Camino mid-August and am curios also.
Thank you

I am also starting in mid August and suggest you book ahead for the first several days, maybe even 5 days out. I am hopeful that as time passes more accommodations will become available, but there are no guarantees that that will happen.

In the Camino Frances I see that my pilgrim friends find places without any difficulty booking the same day. There are no many pilgrims indeed. Today in my way from Los Arcos to Viana I met 4 people, the rest were Spaniards doing one day walks.
I’m staying in Pension San Pedro in Viana and sincerely it is a mistake. The place does not worth the price they charge (40€), it is dirty!! Avoid Pension San Pedro in Viana.
Anyway, today is Saturday 31 July and I started late (7:30) so found few pilgrims… Everybody got up very early to do the long stage up to Logroño. Not a bad idea.
Lot of time to think. A pilgrim passing by commented that I had stoped also soon before, that I was doing many stops to seat.
I got so angry that wanted to shout at him bad words about walking without a backpack etc. But I didn’t. This man made me feel bad, being judged, feeling hurt, and wanting to defend myself. But this time I let it go, it was just somebody I do not know and do not care about. This is my camino, at the pace and with as many stops as I want! 😁

€149,-
In the Camino Frances I see that my pilgrim friends find places without any difficulty booking the same day. There are no many pilgrims indeed. Today in my way from Los Arcos to Viana I met 4 people, the rest were Spaniards doing one day walks.
I’m staying in Pension San Pedro in Viana and sincerely it is a mistake. The place does not worth the price they charge (40€), it is dirty!! Avoid Pension San Pedro in Viana.
Anyway, today is Saturday 31 July and I started late (7:30) so found few pilgrims… Everybody got up very early to do the long stage up to Logroño. Not a bad idea.
Lot of time to think. A pilgrim passing by commented that I had stoped also soon before, that I was doing many stops to seat.
I got so angry that wanted to shout at him bad words about walking without a backpack etc. But I didn’t. This man made me feel bad, being judged, feeling hurt, and wanting to defend myself. But this time I let it go, it was just somebody I do not know and do not care about. This is my camino, at the pace and with as many stops as I want! 😁
Yes Betty! This is your Camino! Take a deep breath, shake off the negativity he tried to dump on you. Fortunately the Camino has an abundance of wonderful Pilgrims with whom to enjoy your journey. Enjoy and Buen Camino

Tomorrow in Torres del Rio the camino passes a small octagonal Romanesque church, Santo Sepulcro. Some historians link this to the Knights Templar who protected the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem; others link it to the nearby monastery at Irache. Whatever, it is a small gem. Looking up into the ceiling of the central cupola crossed by ribbed vaults is mesmerizing. Do visit if you can.

Carpe diem!
Mspath,
I noticed that in your posts you suggested some tips that go beyond the usual Way´s scripts. I'm starting Camino Fances on the next 14th, so I'm recording your valuable suggestions. However, why don't you compile all your suggestions and post them on the forum? I leave this tip.

€60,-
Mspath,
I noticed that in your posts you suggested some tips that go beyond the usual Way´s scripts. I'm starting Camino Fances on the next 14th, so I'm recording your valuable suggestions. However, why don't you compile all your suggestions and post them on the forum? I leave this tip.
ICOSTA,
Thanks for your kind suggestion.
For years of personal commentary/tips regarding CF walking see my Camino Gazetteer blog.

Wherever/whenever you go
Bom caminho!

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Good on you for flicking his words off and not letting them stick. Thank you for posting--I quickly checked my upcoming reservation in Viana---that is not the one I have booked. Enjoy your walk---just imagine the weight of the stones that man is carrying to throw at others--as we say in Texas--bless his heart.

Today is Tuesday and here I am again in Najera, going to start another journey. I’m happy, the Camino makes me feel like going back to the essentials.
Tonight I slept in a lovely & spatkling clean pension named Pension San Lorenzo. They owners are polite and made me feel at home. Their breakfast was copious 😃.
The town is small and not particularly nice except for the old part.
We had a healthy diner (finally)! at Calle 13 a resto by close to the river in the newer side

Last edited:
Bettyvel,
All your digital followers will be glad to learn that your journey is going well.
Do carry plenty of water for the path has few stops after Azofra until Ciruena.
Stay safe and Carpe diem!

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for the updates, very useful. It looks like booking ahead isn't really necessary. Part of my reason to do the pilgrimage is to relinquish control, have no plans to get stressed over, so this is encouraging. I'm flying to Biarritz on Friday, starting from SJPdP on Saturday.

Masks are no longer a rule in the UK, so I'm not looking forward to having to wear one again. And outdoors? Really? I might miss that memo.

Thanks for the updates, very useful. It looks like booking ahead isn't really necessary. Part of my reason to do the pilgrimage is to relinquish control, have no plans to get stressed over, so this is encouraging. I'm flying to Biarritz on Friday, starting from SJPdP on Saturday.

Masks are no longer a rule in the UK, so I'm not looking forward to having to wear one again. And outdoors? Really? I might miss that memo.
I hope the acronym does not come back to bite you, Richard of York.
Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, the colours of the rainbow!
Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain, for those who do not know the acronym. If you do not fight against it, you will benefit from the respect you offer the peoples in whose territory you will be walking. Buen camino, safe camino.

The use of masks outdoors is advised, but not compulsory. In any case I see many people wearing masks when streets are crowded. Not a bad idea, actually. Remembering how much Spaniards suffered due to restrictions during COVID picks, I understand.

€149,-
Today is Wednesday and I’m on my way from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Belorado. Arrows and Camino signals in La Rioja are less visible and frequent than in Navarra. Pay attention otherwise is very easy to get lost. Now we have entered Castilla y Leon and there are much more! The Camino is indicated very clearly, you cannot get lost.

Attachments

• 8EBE0A32-4957-4A64-96B9-5E21F7FA7D0D.jpeg
    8EBE0A32-4957-4A64-96B9-5E21F7FA7D0D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I have left San Juan de la Calzada, a small village of 20 inhabitants (now 18 apparently), where I spent a funny afternoon/ evening chatting with people from France and drinking many beers with my pilgrim friend Andreas, Anais, Susana, David and Marta. I listed their names because it’s almost a miracle that after so many 🍻 I remember their names!!! 😂. We have a very funny evening in a cosy auberge (see picture), which plays nice old pop and rock music (specially my so loved Bruce Springsteen ). Back to tips: the way from Belorado was not as terrible as described. Just the beginning (uphill but short) and the end (no shadow) we’re a bit tough. Be sure to have breakfast in Belorado as bars on the way are closed until 10.
Finding more English speakers (from US and Ireland) than before. Still easy to find a place to sleep in the spot or by calling the same day. I would advise the later to be sure.
Today I’m taking a rest in Altapuerca before my last day of walking to Burgos.
I feel I need to be on my own a day to reflect about the experience so far. I find it so enriching. Perhaps I will restart soon from Burgos to the end, as my holidays has been cancelled due to Covid.

Attachments

• IMG_2520.MOV
    4.9 MB
Arrived in Roncesvalles after 3 hours of steep up and down paths. Tired but happy. The view along the way is gorgeous and more than compensates the effort!!!!! It was lovely to find the food track and have a coffee, a nice chat with Jean Michel and a stamp!!
Arrived here I noticed everybody wears a mask while walking outside…. so followed the example. Apparently there are many cases in Navarra. Later I’m going to try the cider from here, it is quite famous.
There are few pilgrims, I crossed just two, the rest were people tracking across the Pyrenees. Lot of tourists.
Hi, hope your Camino is going well. Can I ask a question. I am planning to walk from St Jean to Roncesvalles on my first day. From your posts this looks like it will be a 6 hour trek? Is that about right? I initially allowed myself 7 hours but your experience suggest it might be a little less. Also did you stay in the monastery at Roncesvalles? If so how did you find it, and did it feel Covid safe??

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, hope your Camino is going well. Can I ask a question. I am planning to walk from St Jean to Roncesvalles on my first day. From your posts this looks like it will be a 6 hour trek? Is that about right? I initially allowed myself 7 hours but your experience suggest it might be a little less. Also did you stay in the monastery at Roncesvalles? If so how did you find it, and did it feel Covid safe??
Hi, it’s about 6-7 hours depending on your pace and in what way you take. I did the « fast » one and it took me less than 5 hours!! But it was steep and definitely slippery

Hi, it’s about 6-7 hours depending on your pace and in what way you take. I did the « fast » one and it took me less than 5 hours!! But it was steep and definitely slippery
Thanks. Your advice is super helpful. Sorry for all the questions ! Prevailing more, Is it a requirement to wear face masks when walking and also when sleeping in dormitories?

I have left San Juan de la Calzada, a small village of 20 inhabitants (now 18 apparently), where I spent a funny afternoon/ evening chatting with people from France and drinking many beers with my pilgrim friend Andreas, Anais, Susana, David and Marta. I listed their names because it’s almost a miracle that after so many 🍻 I remember their names!!! 😂. We have a very funny evening in a cosy auberge (see picture), which plays nice old pop and rock music (specially my so loved Bruce Springsteen ). Back to tips: the way from Belorado was not as terrible as described. Just the beginning (uphill but short) and the end (no shadow) we’re a bit tough. Be sure to have breakfast in Belorado as bars on the way are closed until 10.
Finding more English speakers (from US and Ireland) than before. Still easy to find a place to sleep in the spot or by calling the same day. I would advise the later to be sure.
Today I’m taking a rest in Altapuerca before my last day of walking to Burgos.
I feel I need to be on my own a day to reflect about the experience so far. I find it so enriching. Perhaps I will restart soon from Burgos to the end, as my holidays has been cancelled due to Covid.
Sounds wonderful! Thank you for the updates, can I ask are hostels providing blankets this year with the you-know-what restrictions? Debating on bringing a sleeping bag this time. Thank you

It took me 8 hours the only time I've walked it without stopping at Huntto or Orisson. And that was 20 years ago.

This morning I left Atapuerca, and I would like to share something that happened while staying in the hostel « La Plazuela Verde »: I was at first happy because the interior is cosy and all hand made, service of washing and drying and the owners are very polite. Said that, later in the day they told me that 5 people would arrive very late at night. They did, at midnight, by car, noisy and without caring about dormant pilgrims. I understand that hosts have been suffering of lack of guests…but a pity anyway. So be aware and use good ear plugs!!! The good news is that THE grocery shop in Atapuerca serves breakfast as from 6:30!
My way to Burgos (final destination for now) was fast and smooth. Last part ugly but you can deviate towards the river so the latest part improves a bit.
My journey is finished. Buen Camino to those on their way or starting soon! 😘

Glad to read that you arrived safely in Burgos; thanks for all your helpful tips.
Carpe diem.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back