Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino My Camino Primitivo

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1380630865.081259.jpg
Now in Santiago ...
We arrived at 13.00 something and my friend got the last bed at an albergue and I got a room in a little pension at the other side of the street. This is the view from my window. :) I will move to the albergue tomorrow, also (maybe ;))
The sun is shining and we are going out to eat something now. :)

Enhorabuena, Susanna, I'm sure this camino was a lot more wonderful for you than for us watching you from afar, but it was great fun for me. Thank you for staying in contact and providing us with such beautiful photographic updates. Now enjoy! Laurie

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi juanma, your albergue looks nice from the outside.... I just passed it today.
I'm in seixas now with people who did plan to go to your place but because you're closed had to continue to seixas. They had another challenge... Can you please put signs that you are closed now, especially also before the albergue before you in san roman?
Hi Thomas, thanks for your comment!, glad you liked the albergue from the outside: you would have loved it in the inside! ;)

We did put a sign that we are closed: the problem is that it is attached to the glass of the main door, and this is covered by a curtain, so most people actually don't see the sign. We will have to work on that the next time we close, for sure! Thanks for the advice.

We did also inform the previous two public albergues before us (Lugo and San Roman), as well as two bars/shops that are between Lugo and us and where many pilgrims stop for breakfast or lunch, that we were closed. However, it is impossible to get to everyone.

However, I'm happy to announce that we are open again. Today was a very nice day in terms of weather, but it is now raining hard and with thunders and lighting... :( I guess the Fall is here to stay!

Buen Camino Thomas! :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Felicitaciones Susanna! Sorry we missed you in Santiago. We met you more often on the path :) We are now quite busy at the pilgrims' office until 16th October, and then back to Costa Rica. Hugs from Fraluchi and Anna:cool:kappa

Hola Fraluchi & Anne!
Good to hear you are busy working!;)
Today I've met Thomas and his wife, also forum members, and we had coffee. That was nice, though we (me and Agustin) are a feeling bit low today as we are leaving Santiago tomorrow morning.
But we gave decided to do another camino next year. Maybe the Portuguese, the route along the coast.:)
Oh, I have forgotten to eat some octopus for Laurie. Off to do that now. :)

Congratulations Susanna, and thank you for the photos........

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Was nice meeting you indeed susanna. I felt indeed the sadness, I felt the same. Would have been really nice to meet you on the way, maybe next time!
Hope your trip back home is/was ok. We are on the way to madrid now (where we started a month ago) decided to take a one way renting car. In this way we can travel back kind of same way as we came. From all the ways to finish a camino it seemed us the least worse one. Thanks for your blog, you showed me a very nice camino through your eyes.

View attachment 6328
Final pic from this camino I guess.
Me in front of the cathedral. Got my compostela.:)

Just finished reading all your posts and looking at your beautiful photos Susanna. For the life of me, I can't imagine how I missed reading them till now! Really great - bought back many memories and images!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back