• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My Camino was a life changing trip and still goes on!

masel

Time of past OR future Camino
April - Mai '13
Hey guys! At first: I'm sorry for bad English, but it is not my first language.

I want to share my Camino-Experience with you guys.

OK. where should I begin? Maybe I'm telling you something about myself.

My name is Masel and I'm from Germany, I'm 25 years old, I'm not religious and I finished my traineeship in February '13. I had no idea what I could do after my traineeship and so I decided, that I want to walk a bit through nature. But where and when? So I was searching for some paths in internet and I finally found the Camino (YES!).

And by the way: in my traineeship and before I start walking the Camino I was a very sad guy. I was totally depressed like 3 or 4 years. I was thinking about to visit some mental hospital, but I didn't and walk the Camino instead.

And that was the best decision of my life. Really. I found so much positive energy on the Camino and it was possible for me to bring it back to home and share it with my friends. Now I'm sitting here like a new person (still the old person ofc) and I'm so happy about life and myself. Can't describe it guys. I'm healed or something. It is awesome! (I'm not illuminated btw ;))

I start walking the Camino on April 21st and finished it after 35 days. I met so many lovely people from everywhere around the world. Walking that way was absolutely magical. It is some special (Celtic?) energy there. I'm pretty sure.

So guys. If you still thinking about walking the Camino: DO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I could imagine that I'll walk this way one more time in my life.

In this spirit
Carpe Diem

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Excellent post. Think about doing bits and pieces on other routes for the rest of your life, my friend!

@masel

Great, dude!!!
Just stay connected and whenever you need some(any)thing, we'll be here!!! So nice to hear that you've done your Camino. Lots of envy in fact :p

Ultreia!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Masel, Your post brought a big smile to my face. I'm so pleased you found the Camino (or perhaps it found you) and were open to its magic.
The Camino is a very powerful stage of the path you're now on. Call it up from within whenever you have need of its magic.

Masel,
And may the changes wrought by your Camino journey keep happening. Loved reading your post, and am so glad your Camino experience was such a special one for you.
Margaret

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Masel ! Thank-you .... we are none of us our age... what describes all our ages :).... it is ALL OK ... the Camino those who have been... those who have yet to be... combines us all...... arent we lucky :) ...

Great to read your post Masel and wish you a good return home.

Buen Camino!

Masel,
My wife and I walked the Frances last year. As with you, it changed both of us. My wife, who had suffered from anxiety her entire life, had found a new courage in overcoming her fears. For myself, I discovered new things about myself. I can't say they left me "joyous" of the experience but it certainly opened my eyes. I am on a new and better path although it is a difficult road to follow. Because of our professions and our Camino experience we've created a website (and written a book) about anxiety, fear and experiences such as the Camino that can change us for the better. I'll PM you if you would be interested in sharing your story with a larger community.
Thanks so much for posting. I think your experience, your transformation is why we all walk The Way.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It is amazing how many people experience a real change in their life !
Camino de Santiago get you beyond you or the YOU you new before, is another point of view of your life and how to face with energy and satisfaction.
So glad to hear so many changes in people's life.
Buen Camino all your life through.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

My name is Masel and I'm from Germany, I'm 25 years old, I'm not religious and I finished my traineeship in February '13. I had no idea what I could do after my traineeship and so I decided, that I want to walk a bit through nature. But where and when? So I was searching for some paths in internet and I finally found the Camino (YES!).

And by the way: in my traineeship and before I start walking the Camino I was a very sad guy. I was totally depressed like 3 or 4 years. I was thinking about to visit some mental hospital, but I didn't and walk the Camino instead.

And that was the best decision of my life. Really. I found so much positive energy on the Camino and it was possible for me to bring it back to home and share it with my friends. Now I'm sitting here like a new person (still the old person ofc) and I'm so happy about life and myself. Can't describe it guys. I'm healed or something. It is awesome! (I'm not illuminated btw ;))

I start walking the Camino on April 21st and finished it after 35 days. I met so many lovely people from everywhere around the world. Walking that way was absolutely magical. It is some special (Celtic?) energy there. I'm pretty sure.

So guys. If you still thinking about walking the Camino: DO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

In this spirit
Carpe Diem
It's awesome and inspirational to read about your life changing experience via Camino! I hope to experience some parts of your experiences during my walk next month!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Masel, I'm happy you had such an uplifting experience on the Camino. It truly is a magical place that can't be understood without experiencing it.

In this spirit
Carpe Diem
Hallo Masel,I am retired and live in South Africa - my wife and i walked from St Jean de Port to Burgos in Sept 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed it - but what I enjoyed about your story is , the change that came to your life - yes when you walk the Camino once,the Camino becomes part of you - am glad you smile again,carryon smiling,enjoy life,cause that what life is all about - to enjoy it - now that you have completed the camino,I have one request/challenge for you - attend a few Church services,think about it and if you have never prayed about faith,please try it - you will finf another change in your life - spend time with good friends - one's that really care about life,encourages oneanother in life - you must have/find sincere friends.Thanks for your honesty in your sharing of your trip.You can write to me on my email addres: kogga@webmail.co.za - keep well - Johann Pretorius

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back