• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My clown feet .....

jo webber

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 9th 2017
My clown feet love Keens. I needed water/shower/possibly to walk in sandals.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H79JZKW/?tag=casaivar02-20

Because they adjust everywhere, my narrow heals and wide fronts fit.

Tevas are to narrow, the Xero sandals are super comfortable, except no arch support. I also tried several other options.

If you have clown feet, try Keens. Not cheap, but my feet are worth it.
Now to wear them everywhere for the next 2 months before we leave.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
They're not wide enough for my feet. If I get them wide enough they're 3 inches too long and really DO look like clown feet.
But my friend Patti loves them and walked the last half of the Camino comfortably in them when her too-tight shoes gave her horrid blisters.

Thanks for the info. I have freakishly wide feet at the toes and the shoes I like are north face hedgehog. Their perfect for walking in Scotland but I think they will make my feet sweat to much for walking the camino in august so I bought a men's size trainer for the camino. Iv also bought keen sandles for the showers.

Buen camino

I have the same exact issue. And since I wear a size 7 in women's, finding a small but wide men's shoe has been tough as well. For my upcoming Camino, I'm leaning towards the Altra Lone peak as well. Worried a bit about the lack of ankle support in the Altra though. If others have suggestions for Wide hiking boots, I would love to hear them

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I live in Keen Venice sandals almost year round (I like the toe protector). I wore Altra Lone Peaks on the Camino, they worked well for me. Although I'm normally a size 8 or 8.5, I wear a 9 women's in the Altras.

I did take my Keens as my second pair, as if the Altras gave out, I knew I had something I could walk in.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I wore Keen Clearwater CNX sandals from Hélette (Voie de la Nive) to Santiago last Oct/Nov. I wore Merrill something or others sandals from Bayonne to Hélette and got blisters and an abrasion from the strap in that short time. No blisters, no abrasions with the Keens, not a one, but going down the hill much later on on screen, gravel, rocks and boulders into Molinseca caused my heels some grief. I got some gel insoles and did a temporary kineo taping job on my heels and was good to go. Sandals will be the way to go for me from now on.
And yes, they were like clown feet (size 10 on my size 9 feet!), but they were stylish clown feet! ;):D

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
They're not wide enough for my feet. If I get them wide enough they're 3 inches too long and really DO look like clown feet.
But my friend Patti loves them and walked the last half of the Camino comfortably in them when her too-tight shoes gave her horrid blisters.
Exactly the same for my short, wide feet with little stubby toes. Same actually goes for other hiking gear such as Tshirts and, in particular, jackets which are way too fitted for my short, (now quite portly) little frame.....arrrggggghhh....

Same actually goes for other hiking gear such as Tshirts and, in particular, jackets
When I was shopping, the women's clothes were cute but not functional. I have men's t-shirts. Also seems that the men's clothing is better made, as they think men will be the only ones putting it to hard use.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.