• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD My "CoronaCamino 2020"

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
First surprise on my Camino: I had about 41 days scheduled just because I could, and I wanted to walk slowly from Roncesvalles to Muxia. Time enough!!
I receipt a message from work.
- "Could you be back April first week??"
- Not at all (I thought)
Escáner_20200318 (14).jpg
And....this is me, trying to cath the first train, buying some time to arrive to Muxia😄
And, yes, it begun to snow. I already had my Meteo Poker so far: Cold, rain, wind, sun ...and snow

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You just made my day! I hope you make your beautiful - and humorous- illustrations into a book! Your style reminds me of Quentin Blake, who illustrated childrens books - in particular Roald Dahl's The BFG.

And, finally, after spend the night in Villafranca del Bierzo, I realized than "the thing" now is getting really serious.
Time to think and make a choice.
My Camino will always be there, but is time to haul down sails, and come back to my safe harbour 🤷‍♂️. This meant to take a bus to Santiago, and a train to A Coruña (good friends living there, and a good shelter in case of confination), although the next day I was able to take a train home to Barcelona, and confine myself properly at home.
End of history
To be continued...??
Escáner_20200318 (22).jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Had me laugh-gulp-snorting my coffee! The wheelchair chap's muttered remarks in French -- Zut alors!

Witthout taking a single element away from Kiernan's brilliant and hilarious posts, I think if Heath Robinson and Ronald Searle ever walked the Camino -- it would look rather like this!

€60,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Absolutely brilliant. I love the humour in your pictures and the way you laugh at your own situations - I hope I can do the same when we are all, eventually, allowed to step out.
😊

So, so, so… Gratehul.
Unexpected piece of gem as a gift given to tackle these tricky times. Need to say I'm feeling torn between your sense of humor, so natural, and the vibe your drawings give off.
Thank you sooooo!

€60,-
Incredible. Thank you.

€83,-
These are really delightful. They deserve to be displayed in Santiago when pilgrimage resumes.

Uphill again. But a nice day, arriving to Astorga, in time for a toast for my niece in her "sweet sixteen"
View attachment 71217

Love your drawings! I would especially like this one as I am the new owner of the Albergue Villares de Órbigo ;). Timing is not great, signed the purchase agreement on Friday and Saturday we had to close down😞

Last edited:
Love your drawings! I would especially like this one as I am the new owner of the Albergue Villares de Órbigo ;). Timing is not great, signed the purchase agreement on Friday and Saturday we had to close down😞

:oops:
Lee!!!! I slept there a couple of weeks ago!! Clue: having dinner with you and Chris, I talked about it was going to be my last Camino, and I was sure about that. (but you were right....I'll be back)
Sad to know about the closure of one of the best albergues in CF

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wonderful! Beautiful! Thank you for putting a big smile on my face. I love your story.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What a great diary! Thank you so much for sharing!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
qué maravilloso....your humour is subtle the characterization is completely endearing....
yes a daily cartoon strip is very easy to imagine ...perhaps about ....la vida cotidiana española . ...that would be wonderful tonic these days. this was a lovely lovely lovely way to end a really tough day...muchísimas gracias, it still leaves me with a lingering smile.

This was amazing! You have so much talent. My Dad and my son can do this, the talent skipped a generation. I would LOVE to see the rest of your Camino. Do you do this professionally?

I can't wait for the sequel! Bravo!!!

:oops:
Lee!!!! I slept there a couple of weeks ago!! Clue: having dinner with you and Chris, I talked about it was going to be my last Camino, and I was sure about that. (but you were right....I'll be back)
Sad to know about the closure of one of the best albergues in CF

How cool is that?!? Of course I remember you and the conversation ! Us Forum members are just everywhere:D! I guess that you will just have to start back up again in Villares de Orbigo;)

I would love to frame that picture and place it in the albergue. Pm me if there is any possibility of getting a copy of the drawing.

Ultreia @Kiernan glad you made it home. Stay safe and keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Oh!!! Congratulations! And commiserations! This reminds me of Rilke - beauty and terror being both sides of the same coin.
I will make sure I stay when I next pass through. Wishing you all the best in the coming months.

€83,-
Kiernan: You're the BEST! Haven't laughed so much since 2015
when I read "I'm off Then" by Hape Kerkerling

Certainly a very strange Camino....but I enjoyed it while I could.

From the very first day, the virus seemed to be far away...but everyone talked about it sometimes
View attachment 71186
You certainly have a beautiful talent and thank you for sharing it. Michael Leunig had better watch his back... not in terms of content, his speciality is political comment if I am correct, but I think you might enjoy each other’s gifts.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I loved your adorable drawings and the humor that you included in each one. I agree with other posters that a book is a great idea.
Thanks for sharing your talent and camino with all of us.

Friends,

We are not in complete lockdown at present here in Ireland but we are anticipating the call very soon.

While walking the beach yesterday I came across this curious shell.

A tiny baby shell looks like it is growing anew from the old shell. Maybe it's a sign that whatever else may come the Camino will indeed renew itself ! For all our Familia español who look after us on our various Caminos I trust and pray all will be well.

ULTREIA !

Stay safe and well Comrades ✊👍IMG_3683.JPGIMG_3682.JPG

Friends,

We are not in complete lockdown at present here in Ireland but we are anticipating the call very soon.

While walking the beach yesterday I came across this curious shell.

A tiny baby shell looks like it is growing anew from the old shell. Maybe it's a sign that whatever else may come the Camino will indeed renew itself ! For all our Familia español who look after us on our various Caminos I trust and pray all will be well.

ULTREIA !

Stay safe and well Comrades ✊👍View attachment 71426View attachment 71427
What a beautiful shell!

€83,-
The news about the Virus are coming too fast, and I begin to improve my gear

View attachment 71221
Gracias for your most creative, entertaining and comedic account of your personal “Buen Camino”. Your illustrations give your travels a most special life.

Thank you so much everybody.
I just wanted to share my diary....while we all wait to walk again!
Yes please, an illustrated diary book would be a great gift for anyone who has walked the camino

And, finally, after spend the night in Villafranca del Bierzo, I realized than "the thing" now is getting really serious.
Time to think and make a choice.
My Camino will always be there, but is time to haul down sails, and come back to my safe harbour 🤷‍♂️. This meant to take a bus to Santiago, and a train to A Coruña (good friends living there, and a good shelter in case of confination), although the next day I was able to take a train home to Barcelona, and confine myself properly at home.
End of history
To be continued...??
View attachment 71222
Wonderful. And so creative.

€60,-
Estupendo!
Maybe the sequel could be “A Daily Look at @Kiernan in Lockdown”

(also.....what colours do I see? Potters Pink, raw Sienna, light turquoise...do you mix your own greens or use sap, hookers and???)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I need to come again, totally overwhelmed!, to say thank you.
I would like to answer everyone, but I'll just say how grateful I am for your coments, comparisons with authentic genious included (wow:eek:)

My family and friends use to encourage me to edit my drawings (just a hobby, although I did a couple of "little things" in the past). This time i'm thinking seriously about that, but the software needed to all this, is my biggest enemy...I'm doing my best, but I can't promise anything 😅

Thank you all again

K.

Thank you for sharing your journey in such a creative, cheerful expression. I am very glad you are safe at home. 🎒🏡🛌
Nancy Lee (working front lines in Canada 🇨🇦)

€83,-
Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 11.43.37.png
NancyLee, thanks for all you are doing. You have added your name to my candle list. These two little girls have got the message, and are joining in lighting a candle each evening for a one minute silence in support.

EDIT: Moderators, please remove if this is too far from OP. I was just responding straight to NancyLee's statement of fact, her work on the frontlines.

Thanks for this. I heard your interview on the Camino podcast, and i'd planned to do the same, make lots of pictures. Instead, here we are in the brave new world.

I need to come again, totally overwhelmed!, to say thank you.
I would like to answer everyone, but I'll just say how grateful I am for your coments, comparisons with authentic genious included (wow:eek:)

My family and friends use to encourage me to edit my drawings (just a hobby, although I did a couple of "little things" in the past). This time i'm thinking seriously about that, but the software needed to all this, is my biggest enemy...I'm doing my best, but I can't promise anything 😅

Thank you all again

K.

I found this post and joined the forum after hearing you on The Camino Podcast. Thank You! I was supposed to start my first Camino 3 weeks from today upon my retirement, but it can wait until Spain and the rest of the world get past this. Meanwhile, everybody keep safe!

€46,-
I, too, heard your interview on the Camino Podcast. It was fun to hear what you described and even better to see what you illustrated. Thank you for sharing your story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.