• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD My COVID Passport

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobM

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
V Frances; V Podensis; V Francigena; V Portugues; V Francigena del Sud; Jakobsweg. Jaffa - Jerusalem
My travel is a bit restricted at the moment, so my COVID Passport does not have many nice stamps.

Sigh😞

Bob M

Credits to cartoonist LeLievre.

Attachments

• Lockdown-passport.jpg
    Lockdown-passport.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 229
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I haven't been out on the balcony for awhile. If I can get a travel visa I might go out there and do some gardening. Have a chat with my goat. But I worry about having too much fun.

Bob M

Attachments

• COVID19-balcony-setup_latest_2.jpg
    COVID19-balcony-setup_latest_2.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 178
  • had fun once.jpg
    had fun once.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I haven't been out on the balcony for awhile. If I can get a travel visa I might go out there and do some gardening. Have a chat with my goat. But I worry about having too much fun.

Bob M
No worries, Bob M. You can never have too much fun. Once you’re on your Camino, the “real” Camino, the past is prologue. ¡Ultreia!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We Melburnians are in Lockdown 6.0, but it feels like Lockdown Infinity.

You go a bit crazy and irritable locked in your apartment.

I am thinking of putting a warning sign on my door. What do you think? Too wishy-washy? Should I be more direct?

Then there is the TV that makes me want to throw it out the window every time I turn it on. Cartoonist LeLievre nailed how I feel in one of his cartoons.

Bob M

Attachments

• dont piss me off.gif
    dont piss me off.gif
    20 KB · Views: 47
  • TV.jpg
    TV.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
We feel for you all in VIC, NSW, ACT as we wait, tiptoeing around (SA) for the seemingly inevitable. Stocked up on TP today. But dreaming of our next camino - Portuguese from Lisbon - in 2023 (have already decided it probably wouldn't be a happening thing for us for May 22). Hoping things improve soon. Cheers, Linda

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Stocked up on TP today. But dreaming of our next camino - Portuguese from Lisbon - in 2023 (have already decided it probably wouldn't be a happening thing for us for May 22).
When the pandemic hit early last year there were some very funny photos of people planting TP rolls in their gardens to cope with the shortage.

We may not be able to hike our next pilgrimage walks just now, but we can still dream and plan to give us hope that a better future is one day closer so we better be ready.

And there are local hikes to catch up on. I walked the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail in between lockdowns. Also bits and pieces of the Great Ocean Walk.

And practice your Spanish, French and Italian etc etc to be ready for the big day.

Yours in hope

Bob M

My husband and I walked the Great Ocean Walk a few years ago - spectacular scenery😊 I did manage 4 days on the Larapinta trail last week - all I could fit in due to family reasons. Found my camino face mask from Ivar's store made a goid face warmer on top of Brinkley Bluff!20210826_065225.jpg

Oh My Goodness Bob M! Thank you for my first huge laugh of the day!!!
Happy to help, Andrea.🙃 We need all the laughs we can get. Have a go at Laughing Yoga.

Bob M

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My husband and I walked the Great Ocean Walk a few years ago - spectacular scenery😊 I did manage 4 days on the Larapinta trail last week - all I could fit in due to family reasons. Found my camino face mask from Ivar's store made a goid face warmer on top of Brinkley Bluff!View attachment 108300
Great photo. You could use the facemask as a credencial on your next hike. Get it stamped each day.

The cairn reminds me of one with a cross on the Camino (I forget the name). You are supposed to leave a stone that you brought from your home, so a great pile has built up around the cross. But pilgrims leave all sorts of things. One of the people I hiked with on that day left his last packet of cigarettes at the base of the cross as a personal quitting ceremony (smoking I mean, not hiking).

Ah yes, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Bob M

Last edited:
Great photo. You could use the facemask as a credencial on your next hike. Get it stamped each day.

The cairn reminds me of one with a cross on the Camino (I forget the name). You are supposed to leave a stone that you brought from your home, so a great pile has built up around the cross. But pilgrims leave all sorts of things. One of the people I hiked with on that day left his last packet of cigarettes at the base of the cross as a personal quitting ceremony (smoking I mean, not hiking).

Ah yes, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Bob M
Bob M,

The CF cairn you mention is the Cruz de Ferro west of Foncebadon. Here is an earlier but still relevant thread re the Cruz de Ferro history

Carpe diem!

Last edited:
Bob M,

The CF cairn you mention is the Cruz de Ferro west of Foncebadon. Here is an earlier but still relevant thread re the Cruz de Ferro history

Carpe diem!
Thank you mspath. What a wonderful thread on the Cruz de Ferro!

I have attached a photo of a more modest cross I took somewhere on the stage from San Martin to Astorga. in June 2007. The cairn needs more work.

Perhaps someone else has seen the same cross and we can all wallow in nostalgia together.

Bob M

Attachments

• Cross.jpg
    Cross.jpg
    826.6 KB · Views: 24
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@BobM, I love your humor! I am enjoying reading all the many comments, too. This thread has made my afternoon brighter on a cloudy day! Thank you! 🙂

Thank you mspath. What a wonderful thread on the Cruz de Ferro!

I have attached a photo of a more modest cross I took somewhere on the stage from San Martin to Astorga. in June 2007. The cairn needs more work.

Perhaps someone else has seen the same cross and we can all wallow in nostalgia together.

Bob M
Bob M,
This "more modest" cross is indeed between Santibáñez de Valdeiglesias and San Justo de la Vega; however I shall not wallow in nostalgia. Over the years when I walked here the clothes of the pilgrim and objects on the ground changed.

Last edited:
@BobM, I love your humor! I am enjoying reading all the many comments, too. This thread has made my afternoon brighter on a cloudy day! Thank you! 🙂

De nada, Camino Chrissy.

I stayed at a place in Italy on the Via Francigena. I forget the name. God! I have to start taking the pills again.

Anyway, what was I saying? Ah yes! There was a big sign in the lounge room that said: "A day spent without laughter is a day wasted."

Bob M

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We have our own ways of coping with the stresses of COVID-19. The lexicographer Sheidlower says: 'In times of stress people will go to things that will provide answers; the Bible, the dictionary or alcohol.'📖📕🍷

Take your pick!

Bob M

I have u
We have our own ways of coping with the stresses of COVID-19. The lexicographer Sheidlower says: 'In times of stress people will go to things that will provide answers; the Bible, the dictionary or alcohol.'📖📕🍷

Take your pick!

Bob M
I have used all three...each one in moderation of course.

I have used all three...each one in moderation of course.
You have to be careful with the dictionary. First it's just a couple of words a day, then it's 5 or 6 and before you know it you are in real trouble.

Dictionaries remind me of the condemned man on the scaffold who was asked if he had any last words:

A - first letter of the English alphabet
Aardvark - a nocturnal badger-sized burrowing mammal of Africa
. . .

Bob M

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Status
Not open for further replies.