Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My credencial HAS BEEN FOUND!!!

Time of past OR future Camino
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
Ok, you sharp-eyed Invierno pilgrims, here is a challenge for you:

Some time between Monday afternoon and Tuesday at about 11, my credencial went missing. It is apparently not at Torre Vilariño where I was staying that night.

So it may gave fallen from my front pack when I took my phone out to take a photo. Either:

1. Somewhere on this loop, or...
Screenshot_20190610-194203_Wikiloc.jpg

2. On the way to Belesar, or

3. At Diamondi (where I wandered around a bit, also in the tall grass to the North of the church.

(And if you end up in room #7 at T.V., please have a look under the bed!)

I discovered it was gone at the Bar in Belesar, so that narrows it down a tiny bit. It's in a plastic sleeve with a red stripe at the top that is almost as important as the credencial...it's the perfect size.
May someone be sucessful in this treasure hunt!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Some time between Monday afternoon and Tuesday at about 11, my credencial went missing. It is apparently not at Torre Vilariño where I was staying that night.

So it may gave fallen from my front pack when I took my phone out to take a photo. Either:

View attachment 59234

3. At Diamondi (where I wandered around a bit, also in the tall grass to the North of the church.

I discovered it was gone at the Bar in Belesar, so that narrows it down a tiny bit. It's in a plastic sleeve with a red stripe at the top that is almost as important as the credencial...it's the perfect size.
Whatever good it may do: candle being lit to appease the ill wind that blew away your credencial. Remember the child's toy teddy that reappeared after about a year? and if nothing happens before Annette hits the trail, you can bet she will hunt till she finds it ... or till she doesn't.

View attachment 59234

Undermanager's glasses, VN's credential… To think I have to go to Spain tomorrow to start cleaning up after you all ;)! But I won't be on the Invierno until July (if I ever get that far), so hopefully it has been found well before that!

/BP

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

View attachment 59234

Oh dear! Have you been able to pick up another one so at least you can keep getting stamps until you're reunited? Hope its lost inside somewhere or no rain forecast if the great outdoors are playing hidey with it.
All the best VN🤞 😌
👣 🌏

Have you been able to pick up another one so at least you can keep getting stamps until you're reunited?
Fortunately @Charrito had kindly given me a blank one because the one that's run off was almost full. But...the first stamp is from Belesar, about 97.5 kms out. Not to mention all those lost sellos...boo.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I once lost a credencial and was really disappointed. A few months later, back home and having completely forgotten about it, I received a mysterious envelope... containing the credencial and a postcard from a small village in Germany! A lovely pilgrim had picked it up and kept it with her on her whole camino journey. Gotta love that camino spirit 😍

(p.s. hoping for a happy reunion for you too...)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am abashed to say my email/address is not on it.
I was never going to lose my credencial, after all. :oops::oops::oops:
I have just added my address to both my full VF credenziali & my nearly full 2nd credenziali. Your misfortune (& the good fortune of @Jan_D ) has been a lesson to us all.
I think yours will turn up, its just a matter of where & when. Glad all is not lost & you have a replacement. Surely there won't be any nit-picking over 2.5km...we'll all verify you have 'been there & done that'! 🤗
👣 🌏

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I, too, lost my credencial at the end of my Camino last spring, but a few weeks after I returned, it appeared in my mailbox! I think the credencial slipped out of my pocket when I squatted down to put something in my pack, just before I left the hostel. It was kind of the staff at Albergue Guiana in Ponferrada to take the time to return my credencial to me in Canada. I sent them a thank-you card and planned to give them a good bottle of wine when I was in Ponferrada last fall, but they were closed...I will try again this fall.

Undermanager's glasses, VN's credential… To think I have to go to Spain tomorrow to start cleaning up after you all ;)! But I won't be on the Invierno until July (if I ever get that far), so hopefully it has been found well before that!

/BP
If you're really thinking of clearin all that mess I just hope the toilet paper would be already blown away or disintegrated by then and only eye glasses and credencial will be there to pick up ;)

View attachment 59234

1. If anyone should find Vira's credencial, please inform VNWalking through the forum. THEN...
2. Mail it to the:
Oficina de Peregrinos,
Rua de carretas 33,
15705 Santiago de Compostela
a Coroña, España

Vira, make sure you have location services turned on for your phone or camera so all photos you take are date, time and location stamped. In a pinch, you can use this to rebuild your credencial in the office. it has been used in the past, but is not a regular thing.

Also, when you arrive, find Sybil, go to the office and try to find the credencial. It MIGHT have been mailed forward. Then using your photos, try to reconstitute your line of march.

From your travels over the past month or so, you are going to need a really big map of Galicia and Leon.

Did you actually empty your mochila on the floor and sort through it...just in case... you were having a senior moment? it happens. We've all done it.

I hope this all works out for you.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Vira, make sure you have location services turned on for your phone or camera so all photos you take are date, time and location stamped
Thanks Tom, all this is very good advice, but another hiccup: Locaton is on, but it did not location stamp the images, just time and date. 😕
But the images themselves are proof enough, yes?

Did you actually empty your mochila on the floor and sort through it...just in case... you were having a senior moment? it happens. We've all done it.
Once already, and I'm about to do that again now. I've had senior moments for as long as I can remember. It's called mindlessness as opposed to mindfulness (or simply paying attention).
;)

You have my sympathies! I lost both my credential and my UK passport last year after the CI (in SdC after getting my Compostela) - you can imagine which one I was more sorry to lose.

In spite of efforts by @t2andreo and the Santiago police it never resurfaced.

The staff at the PO aren't heartless (and there were loads of lost credentials in the Lost Property box).

A reminder to all to fill in the first page with name, passport/DNI number and home address - just in case

Hope it works out for you.

Thanks Tom, all this is very good advice, but another hiccup: Locaton is on, but it did not location stamp the images, just time and date. 😕
But the images themselves are proof enough, yes?

Once already, and I'm about to do that again now. I've had senior moments for as long as I can remember. It's called mindlessness as opposed to mindfulness (or simply paying attention).
;)

The images maybe proof enough if they are identifiable places, like a named building at a place, or even a road sign...

Just do the best you can. You should find another credencial and start using it, even if only a few days are left. Try at a TI or church.

Hope this helps.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

View attachment 59234

Hi VN
Kirkie is right
Once we are past Vilinaro, I will keep my four eyes out for your credential....plus his four eyes

I will frolic in the grass in at Diamondi....we have a compass to point to the north of the church
We'll even have a coffee in the bar at Belesar...to celebrate if we find it....we'll have one anyway one way or another

Yesterday NYC walking reminded us in the not so serious that it was St Anthony's feast day ...how could I forget as I am named after him....it was to be Anthony but then 70 years ago there were no scans to tell what was arriving!!!
Quelle surprise!!!

Anyway he is "my main man" and a quick word has almost always found what I've lost!!....a donation to charity is recommended though ...I owe a fortune as
He's real busy these days!!

And who knows VN, it may just be found...in fact I'm a having a word with him right now!
Wouldn't it be wonderful to find your treasure ...we will try our best
Best wishes
Annette

View attachment 59234

View attachment 59234

View attachment 59234

Good luck VNwalking, In my caminos I lost them twice but I was lucky both time, I can only remember I distress I was, I hope you get the same resort.
Ultrea
Ernesto X X

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

View attachment 59234

image.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

View attachment 59234

I have been debating whether to split that Monforte to Chantada into two. I had almost decided no because it would be a Monday, so the museum @Theatregal wrote about will be closed as will the meson with a view (so I wonder if we’ll be locked out away from the river). But then I remembered something about Torre vilariño and your credencial and found your thread. Since it would be oh so cool to find it ( I will do that loop) I am going to call and see if they have a room!

Wow. 🙏
And if you end up in room 7, have a look under the bed. ;)
And the view from the road that goes betwern the ermita and the winery is magical, with the loop of the Miño coming into view. I went in a clockwise loop, from TV to the old mirador and up through Fion. But...it's pavement, fortunately never very steep.
Edit: The view of the river from the road is something no-one can lock. Open every day, dawn to dusk. ☺
And the ermita, while not as special as Diamondi, is evocative...half-way down to the river, near where it loops back on itself. A special place.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
SERIOUSLY?!?! You actually found your original credencial? Did Peregrina2000 find it at the albergue?

Truly, a miracle...

Are you going to go sort it with the Pilgrim Office to obtain a Compostela, or was that already sorted? Still, the sellos in one's credencial are, for many, the most precious souvenir of their Camino.

I am thrilled that you found it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back