• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My excuse for being on the forum on Christmas Day

C clearly

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012
You might ask - doesn't she have a life?

Well, I like to think so, but I had to cancel this year's plans for Christmas social events. I caught a nasty bug (fortunately not a bedbug :eek:) from my grand-daughter and spent a couple of miserable days. Now I am feeling much better, but it seemed wise to avoid people for a couple of days, so I don't give them the wrong kind of gift.

Instead, today I am giving myself the gift of organizing all the KML files on my phone for my upcoming spring camino. I haven't bought the ticket yet - I resolved not to do it until January - but I am looking!

Merry Christmas to all!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Well, I like to think so, but I had to cancel this year's plans for Christmas social events. I caught a nasty bug (fortunately not a bedbug :eek:) from my grand-daughter and spent a couple of miserable days. Now I am feeling much better, but it seemed wise to avoid people for a couple of days, so I don't give them the wrong kind of gift.

Instead, today I am giving myself the gift of organizing all the KML files on my phone for my upcoming spring camino. I haven't bought the ticket yet - I resolved not to do it until January - but I am looking!

Merry Christmas to all!
No excuses needed.

Merry Christmas to all!
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We have a full house these days on the Meseta, every albergue between Calzadilla de la Cueza and Sahagun is closed! Christmas is a hubbub this year, but we´re enjoying ourselves, eating and drinking, singing and celebrating. And two of our Christmas pilgrims, a couple from Ampulia, Italy, say they planned especially to be at Peaceable for Christmas. How´d they know we were here? The man showed me the link on his phone: www.caminodesantiago.me .
Well, waddayaknow! Happy Christmas, everybody!

Where I am, it is early morning on Boxing Day, and around here Christmas is just another day (and it was a busy work day). I am very happy here but still it is wonderful to have a window into everyone's festivities!

And Alex is right. No excuses needed. This is family, too, of a sort.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Christmas was yesterday. ;) But I was on the forum then too even if only for a few minutes. It was a time out from my dear family. :p Besides one day I am going to do a Christmas camino. Buen camino and Merry Christmas everyone.

I am here because a dear Camino Pilgrim friend send me a special Christmas Day greeting. So of course I had to respond and then I read Robo's post about the bed bug survey and it went on and on from there. Also despite being mid-summer its only a cool 23 C (73 F) and we have intermittent showers. So not a good day for walking, but I did get in a swim at 6.15 am.!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
"Instead, today I am giving myself the gift of organizing all the KML files on my phone for my upcoming spring camino. I haven't bought the ticket yet - I resolved not to do it until January - but I am looking."

Clare - where are you planning to go in the spring?

One needs a reason ????:rolleyes: .... that’s just crazy ...

I guess being on the forum today means we're either sad or hooked, I like to think I'm hooked, but my wife will say I'm sad, all my coaching and she still doesn't understand.
:D.... lol to the last bit

I didn't want to say it, but that was my thought. Family. Think big, think freedom, and think Camino: We are all there, in our minds. You konw it
:oops::cool:.... yep we know it :p

Three days of festivities are over(11:27pm Boxing Day)
Had 31 extended family for dinner tonight.
Had two refugee families and another stranded international couple for church and lunch yesterday (and the couple stayed for dinner too)
Had all kids minus one and all grandparents here for dinner after a carol service on Christmas Eve.
Our house is feeling like an albergue with communal meals and extra people staying (hubby and I are sleeping on mattresses on the floor - not unlike Tosantos!)
My heart is overflowing with gratefulness but i’m simultaneously pining for a solo camino (whilst facing the reality that we’re about to go camping with a gazillion other families until the New Year once we’ve booted our house guests out!)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
"Instead, today I am giving myself the gift of organizing all the KML files on my phone for my upcoming spring camino. I haven't bought the ticket yet - I resolved not to do it until January - but I am looking."

Clare - where are you planning to go in the spring?
Hi Margaret. I’m in Perth and going to the del Norte in May - perhaps we could meet for a coffee!

Three days of festivities are over(11:27pm Boxing Day)
Had 31 extended family for dinner tonight.
Had two refugee families and another stranded international couple for church and lunch yesterday (and the couple stayed for dinner too)
Had all kids minus one and all grandparents here for dinner after a carol service on Christmas Eve.
Our house is feeling like an albergue with communal meals and extra people staying (hubby and I are sleeping on mattresses on the floor - not unlike Tosantos!)
My heart is overflowing with gratefulness but i’m simultaneously pining for a solo camino (whilst facing the reality that we’re about to go camping with a gazillion other families until the New Year once we’ve booted our house guests out!)
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
After all that I hope you go someplace glorious, and quiet @Kiwi-family .
The best New Years I ever had was way down south in the Eglinton Valley. There were 'regulars' who went there every year, and I can see why. Well...a spot by the sea under a blooming Pohutakawa would be lovely too...
Wherever, may you and yours have a very happy New Year!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We have a full house these days on the Meseta, every albergue between Calzadilla de la Cueza and Sahagun is closed! Christmas is a hubbub this year, but we´re enjoying ourselves, eating and drinking, singing and celebrating. And two of our Christmas pilgrims, a couple from Ampulia, Italy, say they planned especially to be at Peaceable for Christmas. How´d they know we were here? The man showed me the link on his phone: www.caminodesantiago.me .
Well, waddayaknow! Happy Christmas, everybody!
OMG with Kim, Ollie and David what a crowd.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My husband spent all day yesterday reading about the German caminos, planning our long summer holidays. (Co-dependency is great!)

He knows I'm posting here, but so far, has managed not to get a user identity. (But I bet he's lurking right now - hello, dear!)

When the cooking´s all been done, together w/ the wineing and dining; the dishes have been washed, and the family in their state of well-fed´ness have resorted to the telly, I have escaped the reruns of endless American tv Xmas-dramas, filmed in the summertime with cotton snow, - to do some updating on this forum.

Simply to check out the possibility of open horizons in the near future...
It seems any confinement for a longer period of time provokes tedium & this Pavlovean response....

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back