• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My experience walking the Camino Frances in Sept/Oct 2015

soniaba

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Sept/Oct 2015
I first started researching the Camino Frances two years before I actually began walking in September 2015. I read every blog, posting and guidebook I found. The information was invaluable to me. It helped me prepare physically and mentally as well as advising me on all things equipment related and packing issues.

During my Camino I blogged on a daily basis, it was truly an adventure of a lifetime.

If you would like to read my blog, you may find it at

https://soniaofottawa.wordpress.com/

I hope you find it informative if you plan on walking in the fall.

I would like to thank all those who went before me and who blogged and posted about their Camino. Your insights were truly appreciated.

Buen Camino to all those contemplating walking the Camino,

Sonia

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm going through it. If it were a book, I'd say I can't put it down. I just read your April 2015 post. Beautiful!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Informative in so many ways.

About your character. And I get the impression you are a real character.

And about another character from history: Sacajawea. You having introduced this women into your narrative, I felt compelled to find out who or what a Sacajawea is/was. And thanks to Wikipedia I also found myself learning about Sacajawea, the Shoshone women who, long before women's lib, her worth is recognised and is she and her family are invited to be part of an expedition of discovery from the US northern mid west to the Pacific Ocean (at Puget Sound?) and back around 1805-06. And the North Pacific Railway and the Gibbons Pass and other stuff.

It is not my intention to be critical of the tour company you employed (they can only work with what is available) or you for taking that option. You story, however, confirmed, for me, that I would prefer to be in charge of my own destiny, especially having the flexibility to decide what my intentions for each day will be as the day proceeds. If I want to take time to look at something interesting I will stop; if I want to go to the next town as I doing OK, then I will go further; and so on. But each to their own.

Thank you so much for a very interesting read. I found it informative and helpful in so many ways.

Informative in so many ways.

About your character. And I get the impression you are a real character.

And about another character from history: Sacajawea. You having introduced this women into your narrative, I felt compelled to find out who or what a Sacajawea is/was. And thanks to Wikipedia I also found myself learning about Sacajawea, the Shoshone women who, long before women's lib, her worth is recognised and is she and her family are invited to be part of an expedition of discovery from the US northern mid west to the Pacific Ocean (at Puget Sound?) and back around 1805-06. And the North Pacific Railway and the Gibbons Pass and other stuff.

It is not my intention to be critical of the tour company you employed (they can only work with what is available) or you for taking that option. You story, however, confirmed, for me, that I would prefer to be in charge of my own destiny, especially having the flexibility to decide what my intentions for each day will be as the day proceeds. If I want to take time to look at something interesting I will stop; if I want to go to the next town as I doing OK, then I will go further; and so on. But each to their own.

Thank you so much for a very interesting read. I found it informative and helpful in so many ways.

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm looking forward to reading your blog. We, too, came from Canada (Vancouver) to do the Camino at the same time that you were on. I can't get enough of reading accounts of others, especially those who were there at the same time. Our blog:
http://lifesastitch.typepad.com/_/2015/09/intervention-divine-or-otherwise.html

Wow I can't believe we were there at the same time yet our paths never crossed. Thanks for your comments on the blog. I also love following other pilgrims' accounts. I will definitely read yours. Thanks again.

I first started researching the Camino Frances two years before I actually began walking in September 2015. I read every blog, posting and guidebook I found. The information was invaluable to me. It helped me prepare physically and mentally as well as advising me on all things equipment related and packing issues.

During my Camino I blogged on a daily basis, it was truly an adventure of a lifetime.

If you would like to read my blog, you may find it at

https://soniaofottawa.wordpress.com/

I would like to thank all those who went before me and who blogged and posted about their Camino. Your insights were truly appreciated.

Buen Camino to all those contemplating walking the Camino,

Sonia
Hi Sonia, Ive just started reading your blog and am enjoying it immensley. I'll be there around the same this year so I look to reading the rest of your experiences.

I am enjoying your blog, still reading it. I love reading everyone's experience. Like you I am a sponge enjoying reading anything on the subject. I am heading out in 2017 I hope more blog posts are made available.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Sonia, Ive just started reading your blog and am enjoying it immensley. I'll be there around the same this year so I look to reading the rest of your experiences.

I'm sure you will have an incredible journey, best of luck on your Camino. Thank you for your comment, and Buen Camino!

I am enjoying your blog, still reading it. I love reading everyone's experience. Like you I am a sponge enjoying reading anything on the subject. I am heading out in 2017 I hope more blog posts are made available.

Thank you for your comment, and I also read everything I could find and it was so helpful. Best of luck on your Camino, it is truly an amazing journey.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back