Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

My First Camino, start 8th January 2016

Forrestt

Camino(s) past & future
Walking the Camino from 8th January 2016
Hey!

So I'm leaving my house in less than a couple of hours to start my adventure.

Staying down at a friends then flying off to France tomorrow!

I don't really know what to say, I feel I am about as prepared as I can be, I don't have a background in this kind of thing so I know it's going to be tough.

So I'll be out there soon and I guess I just wanted to let the forum know that. Specially with all the experience and great threads I've been reading through the last so many months.

Thanks everyone for sharing all this great information as it's been super handy.

Happy New Year!

Forrest
x

Flatcat

Hey!

I don't really know what to say, I feel I am about as prepared as I can be, I don't have a background in this kind of thing so I know it's going to be tough.

So I'll be out there soon and I guess I just wanted to let the forum know that. Specially with all the experience and great threads I've been reading through the last so many months.

Thanks everyone for sharing all this great information as it's been super handy.

Happy New Year!

Forrest
x
Stay Warm!!!

nalod

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2011, Finnesterre 2011,Le Puy to SJPDP 2011& 2012,Via de la Plata,Sambrasa 2012, Mozarabe 2013, Portugees 2013.PartNorde 2011, VDPL 2014,St-Guilhem 2014.Espalion-Roncesvalles 2014.Levante2015
Very best wishes Forrest it will be some adventure. Slow down, see enjoy. Regards Dermot (Nalod)

Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Even coming from Scotland you are going to face some cold (even very cold) and rainy days and even snow!! In fact the principal route out of St Jean (the Napoleon Route) will be closed during the period you intend to walk so it will be via Valcarlos for you. So yes keep your feet dry and the rest of your body warm. Buen Camino!!

C

Castilian

Enjoy every step and every stop of your camino.

And pay attention to the weather forecast all along your route because snow and/or fog may appear when you less expect it and temperatures can drop in the blink of an eye.

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hey!

Happy New Year!

Forrest
x
Hi Forrest, everything is already said I think. The only thing I have to say is have a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

CaminoDebrita

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
Hey!

Happy New Year!

Forrest
x
Very happy for you!!

Buen Camino, and have the best time!

Margaret Butterworth

Camino(s) past & future
2013 (Pamplona to Burgos)
2014 (Burgos to Villafranca del Bierzo)
2015 (Villafranca to Santiago)
2016 (Le Puy to Conques; SJPP To Pamplona)
I just heard Bill Bryson on the radio, talking about the Appalachian Trail: "a test of endurance". He said the first hot shower after days without one was the most wonderful shower he'd ever had! Think about that when you are cold and wet!

HeidiL

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2004-), Portugués, Madrid, 4/5 Plata, 1/8 Levante, 1/8 Lana, Augusta, hospitalera Grado.
Today! I hope you're having a wonderful time - do let us know how you get on!

Magnara

Maggie Ramsay
Camino(s) past & future
Santiago de Compostela (2005) Via Francigena (2010) Le Puy to St Jean (2014)
Hey!

Happy New Year!

Forrest
x

Have an amazing time, I was a winter pilgrim too, and it is truly a rich and varied experience that you will take with you forever. Best of luck!

yakremark

Sister Kay Kramer CDP
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Sept. 2012)
CF (Oct-Nov. 2014)
Buen Camino Forrestt! You will be accustomed to the dreich weather. Be safe and may all your camino dreams come true!

murraydv

Via de la Plata / Sanabres / Camino de Levante
Camino(s) past & future
Completed Via de la Plata (2018).
Started Camino de Levante (2019).
Hey!

Happy New Year!

Forrest
x
Best of Luck Forrest. Buen Camino.

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo
Wish you Buen Camino Forrest. My first CF walk was Sept/Oct. Having this forum made all the difference. Like your family helping with details, offering encouragement and wishing you well on your way. Will look for you future posts.

Joodle

Camino(s) past & future
CF May 10th- June 21st 2016
VDLP March-April 2017
CF coming up April-May
Hey!

Happy New Year!

Forrest
x
Please post and let us know how you're doing as you go. We love to watch for " live Camino" posts

Cailin O Eire

Camino(s) past & future
Walked Sarria to Santiago Easter 2014
Hope to walk for 5 days from St Jean Pied De Port to wherever my feet bring me to first week of June 2016
Buen Camino, any questions along the way just ask, those who can help on here certainly will.
Rita

fraluchi

RIP 2019
Camino(s) past & future
One every year since 2007
Noticing on TV the continuous floods in Galicia, we are not only feeling sorry for the inhabitants but also for those pilgrims who are struggling their way. Animo !;)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts