• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My flight arrives in Biarritz just before 5 PM.

Stephen

Time of past OR future Camino
Twice walked from St Jean to Estella and once from Sarria to Santiago. Maybe someday I'll find the time to do the entire walk.
I've found the time. Just completed SJPP to Santiago. 25 Aug to 1st Oct, 2016.
And now the Portuguese from Lisbon.
What time is the last train/bus tomorrow to SJPDP?
I'm thinking I'll need to book a room in Bayonne and travel to SJPDP on Thursday morning.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm thinking I'll need to book a room in Bayonne and travel to SJPDP on Thursday morning.
If you do need to stay overnight in Bayonne, I can recommend the Montecarlo Hotel. It is just across the street for the Bayonne train station, is cheap, clean and cheerful. Buen Camino

The last train tomorrow is at 18:30. If you are flying to Biarritz you should have enough time for transfer to Bayonne train station.

Buen Camino!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
You should make the 18:30 train from Bayonne, but you may need to take a taxi - it's about a 20-minute trip, depending on traffic. If you miss it, there are several cheap, clean hotels close to Bayonne station (I have used the Cote Basque, which was good) and there are worse places to spend the night!

We also arrive at 16.55 on Ryanair FR372 from Stansted - probably the same flight? We have booked the Express Bourricot shuttle to SJPP and there are spare places. we would love to share to reduce the cost.

Hi Simon,
I'm on that flight,too. I'd
be happy to share the Bourricot minibus to SJPDP. Not least because it'll save me the cost of a room in Bayonne.
I'm carrying a garish green Osprey backpack with a tricolour ribbon on it. If I don't see you in Stanstead look out for me in Biarritz.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The train/bus fare to SJPDP is about €10 . What would a seat in the minibus cost for anyone who wanted to join us?

It's Euro 84 divided by however many people - I think up to 8 in total but only me, my wife and possibly you so far. Two days ago they told me there were 6 places available after me and my wife.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Simon,
be happy to share the Bourricot minibus to SJPDP. Not least because it'll save me the cost of a room in Bayonne.
I'm carrying a garish green Osprey backpack with a tricolour ribbon on it. If I don't see you in Stanstead look out for me in Biarritz.

No advice.

Just a buen camino to you both!

The train/bus fare to SJPDP is about €10 . What would a seat in the minibus cost for anyone who wanted to join us?
It's Euro 84 divided by however many people - I think up to 8 in total but only me, my wife and possibly you so far. Two days ago they told me there were 6 places available after me and my wife.

Stephen and Simon - you probably know this, but just in case: Express Bourricot organises people to fill spaces on their shuttles directly (booked through them), so if Stephen wants to join Simon's booking it would be important to contact Express Bourricot and book with them - just to avoid any nasty surprises if you arrived at the airport to find they were full!

Buen Camino to both of you anyway!!

Hi Simon,

Wow Stephen, another walk! You're unstoppable :) Wishing you a Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The last train tomorrow is at 18:30. If you are flying to Biarritz you should have enough time for transfer to Bayonne train station.

Buen Camino!
I recommend Flixbus or the GoEuro app for a bus schedule. busses run frequently into Spain from Biarritz.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I also arrived at Biarritz airport in the late afternoon. I stayed at the Inter Hotel Amarys right next to the airport. The next morning I walked to the Biarritz station, got an early train to Bayonne, then the first train to St Jean, called at the pilgrim office, and walked on to Roncesvalles where I arrived mid-afternoon or a little later. (I did make a reservation there in case I was a bit late.)
It all worked well, and I think I avoided some of the crowds on the Napoleon by being that little bit behind them.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back