• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My flight was cancelled

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks for the update. Back to your home for a good night of rest, and then try again tomorrow. Que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

All that anticipation, excitement put on hold! My flight was cancelled out of LAX to Paris. Oh well, it could be soooo much worse. I'll be on a flight tomorrow!

So your camino begins anew on the morrow. Santiago will get you to Santiago.
Good ole LAX, just 20 minutes from me wish I could hop on flight with you tomorrow.
Buen camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Another evening of anticipation, then!

All that anticipation, excitement put on hold! My flight was cancelled out of LAX to Paris. Oh well, it could be soooo much worse. I'll be on a flight tomorrow!
It's called technology! Have a quiet vino Tinto or a coffee and relax!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
First Camino was meant to be an afternoon Heathrow to A Coruna. Overbooked. I was about 5th in line as I recall. Obviously heard it all before it was my turn so I checked on the internet and booked an early morning flight to SDC from Stansted (the other side of London). It was wonderful to see the confusion on the check-in desk girl's face when I was calm, relaxed, reasonable and just said "Send me a refund, OK?" It worked out great because when I got to Westminster in the centre I walked past the abbey just before an evening choral service. It was nice and followed by a private and very personal blessing in the inner sanctum of King Edward the Confessor's chapel. My first experience of "the Camino provides".
Go with the flow and Buen Camino. Get hooked like the rest of us! At least you have your first Camino tale! ;)

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Oh no Wanderlust, I am currently in Singapore waiting for my connection flight to Europe. Maybe we might meet in SJPDP before I head to Orisson.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Must have been something in the air....we had friends visiting from Paris who were also scheduled to fly out yesterday on the 30th from LAX to Paris. Hopefully they will leave tonight and have enjoyed their "extra" day to visit in Los Angeles. Buen Camino...I have tickets for July 23rd to fly to Madrid for my 2nd Camino...already packing!

First Camino was meant to be an afternoon Heathrow to A Coruna. Overbooked. I was about 5th in line as I recall. Obviously heard it all before it was my turn so I checked on the internet and booked an early morning flight to SDC from Stansted (the other side of London). It was wonderful to see the confusion on the check-in desk girl's face when I was calm, relaxed, reasonable and just said "Send me a refund, OK?" It worked out great because when I got to Westminster in the centre I walked past the abbey just before an evening choral service. It was nice and followed by a private and very personal blessing in the inner sanctum of King Edward the Confessor's chapel. My first experience of "the Camino provides".
Go with the flow and Buen Camino. Get hooked like the rest of us! At least you have your first Camino tale! ;)
I like to think I'm an optimist also, glass half full, never say it can't be done , but how can we do it! The Lord has a plan! After working in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for 32 years, what really matters is pretty clear to me. Thanks ALTO!!

So your camino begins anew on the morrow. Santiago will get you to Santiago.
Good ole LAX, just 20 minutes from me wish I could hop on flight with you tomorrow.
Buen camino
If wanderlust57 was at ORD, I'd want to hop on and join her, too!
And hey, nycwalking, I really like your new avatar, but then I'm really into Camino shells. :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
This might have been said, I don't have the time to read the thread, but once your Camino is in action and done you will thank your lucky stars for that cancellation! Why? Because you will treasure the people you meet and many you would not have met if your plane took off!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back