• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My forum app disabled!

Time of past OR future Camino
Recent:Norte/Muxia- Spring '23
MadridWay- Fall '23
When I click on the Camino forum app on my android phone I now find it not working. I've tried several times, but the same notice keeps popping up saying... "This app is disabled. Please contact the community webmaster to re-enable it."

I am confused by this and in the meantime I went to the main forum website to log in, but I prefer using the phone app. Any ideas what's happened here? Do I need to contact Ivar about this problem?

Camino Chris

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
CC, getting the same here with the app, but I normally use the website. Good luck, feliz Navidad y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

CC, getting the same here with the app, but I normally use the website. Good luck, feliz Navidad y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.
Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this problem, but I hope it corrects itself or that Ivar gets involved. I prefer using the app because it is faster to log in. On the website I have to fill in my name and password TWICE each time I want to get connected....oh, the big problems in life to be endured!;)

I prefer using the app because it is faster to log in. On the website I have to fill in my name and password TWICE each time I want to get connected
It is funny how our experiences seem different! I have found that I don't like the app. What I do is stay signed in, go to "New Posts" and bookmark the page. Then every time I want to come back, I just click on the bookmark and see all of the new posts. I find that it is equally good on my phone, so I never use the app.

The app was developed and run by a third party company, I paid a monthly fee to have it running. It seems they have decided to stop offering this service and given me 48 hours notice... I am dealing with them now to see what can be done. But it does not look good... so yes, use the website for now. :mad::(

I also just use the website on my phone. I never sign out, so it's no problem. I like that I can go through and find all the threads that I want to read, open them in separate "tabs", then close them as I read them, without having to go back and forth to the main page.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The app was developed and run by a third party company, I paid a monthly fee to have it running. It seems they have decided to stop offering this service and given me 48 hours notice... I am dealing with them now to see what can be done. But it does not look good... so yes, use the website for now. :mad::(

:( Sorry :(

It is funny how our experiences seem different! I have found that I don't like the app. What I do is stay signed in, go to "New Posts" and bookmark the page. Then every time I want to come back, I just click on the bookmark and see all of the new posts. I find that it is equally good on my phone, so I never use the app.
I just tried the website where it ssys "stay logged in" and clicked that. It was pretty fast by doing that. Thanks for the tip!

I think I will stay logged in on the website and get used to doing it that way after all. I guess no big deal if the app stays defunct. I was just used to using it and am glad to know the reason why.

On second thought, I will miss the "dings" my phone made with the little icon showing at the top of my phone screen every time a new comment came in that I'd been viewing and "liked". I then could often respond back right away if I had time. Now I will only know if I have a new notification when I log in randomly during the day to take a look. Oh well.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
hhmm... I have an engineering degree in computer science since more than 40 years. Sick and tired of it (technology). Retirement is a lifechanger.:) I do not use apps. I walk. I try to be there. In the now. But, whatever you choose.

Nice sign on the Camino (can't remember where...) :)

Wifi.jpg

Last edited:
I think I will stay logged in on the website and get used to doing it that way after all. I guess no big deal if the app stays defunct. I was just used to using it and am glad to know the reason why.

On second thought, I will miss the "dings" my phone made with the little icon showing at the top of my phone screen every time a new comment came in that I'd been viewing and "liked". I then could often respond back right away if I had time. Now I will only know if I have a new notification when I log in randomly during the day to take a look. Oh well.
You can set your account so that you get notifications in your email. It's almost as good as a "ding".

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
When I click on the Camino forum app on my android phone I now find it not working. I've tried several times, but the same notice keeps popping up saying... "This app is disabled. Please contact the community webmaster to re-enable it."

I am confused by this and in the meantime I went to the main forum website to log in, but I prefer using the phone app. Any ideas what's happened here? Do I need to contact Ivar about this problem?

Camino Chris

Camino Chris...the rest of us voted you off the island....haha. Just messing with you, have a great day! Technology is awesome...when it works!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
No problem, I've used both and have the forum bookmarked.

hhmm... I have an engineering degree in computer science since more than 40 years. Sick and tired of it (technology). Retirement is a lifechanger.:) I do not use apps. I walk. I try to be there. In the now. But, whatever you choose.

Nice sign on the Camino (can't remember where...) :)

View attachment 37545
I believe it’s the Refugio at Orisson

I just installed the newest version of the app (iOS on iPad) and am getting this error.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The app is now no longer available... The app was developed and run by a third party company, I paid a monthly fee to have it running. It seems they have decided to stop offering this service and given me 48 hours notice... I am dealing with them now to see what can be done. But it does not look good... so yes, use the website for now. :-(

Ivar, Does Camino places still work?
WE appreciate all the work and headaches in the getting the "new" forum up and running! THank you!

I like your humor :D...and Survivor has been one of my favorite shows!
just goes to show: I don't watch tv, so I presumed it was a manner of speaking, till you sent your reply! then I knew it was a spoof on a tv show. Incidentally, I didn't ever use the app, so don't miss it. I also turned off most of the alert options, and I don't check the forum on my phone, just iPad and laptop.

just goes to show: I don't watch tv, so I presumed it was a manner of speaking, till you sent your reply! then I knew it was a spoof on a tv show. Incidentally, I didn't ever use the app, so don't miss it. I also turned off most of the alert options, and I don't check the forum on my phone, just iPad and laptop.
I only use my phone for the forum, not my laptop or iPad...just the opposite of you. :)

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there, I’m starting my first Camino Frances early May, and I don’t know whether I need hiking poles or not? I’m 26 years old, relatively fit and don’t have any injuries (yet!) I used poles for...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hi. Shawn and Lainey are a lovely couple - so positive! - who now live in Galicia and have a Youtube presence "Days we Spend" with plenty of excellent and informative Camino videos - they are...
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.