• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My journey starts in a few days (Winter Camino Frances)

Karla Castle

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk the Camino February (2017)
Hi fellow pilgrims!
In a few days I will start my journey along the Camino Frances starting around Feb 6,7.
I have read many threads about safety and other important issues. I will walk alone and will take the necessary precautions to have a safe and enjoyable adventure.
No one really starts a journey hoping for something bad to happen. I know I will see some of you out there and I hope I can meet some of the amazing men and women who will start this Camino around the same dates as me.
I hope I can be of help or maybe company for some of you. I hope we can take care of each other and make this a wonderful life experience into the most incredible journey we have ever had.
Please feel free to contact me if you are planning to start around my dates. Some of you have already sent me a message letting me know that you will be around.
Despite the news which are important to consider let's help each other to enjoy the journey and encourage each other to not be afraid but smart and cautious about our surroundings.

Blessing!!
See ya out there!!
Sincerely,
Karla!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You will no doubt meet many great people. Best wishes for an incredible journey and buen camino!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
What a great message :)

Hope you have a good'un, I arrive in Bayonne 1st March so you'll certainly never see me but with positivity like yours, that's my loss...

BC! :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi fellow pilgrims!
In a few days I will start my journey along the Camino Frances starting around Feb 6,7.
I have read many threads about safety and other important issues. I will walk alone and will take the necessary precautions to have a safe and enjoyable adventure.
No one really starts a journey hoping for something bad to happen. I know I will see some of you out there and I hope I can meet some of the amazing men and women who will start this Camino around the same dates as me.
I hope I can be of help or maybe company for some of you. I hope we can take care of each other and make this a wonderful life experience into the most incredible journey we have ever had.
Please feel free to contact me if you are planning to start around my dates. Some of you have already sent me a message letting me know that you will be around.
Despite the news which are important to consider let's help each other to enjoy the journey and encourage each other to not be afraid but smart and cautious about our surroundings.

Blessing!!
See ya out there!!
Sincerely,
Karla!

Fantastic - we also walked in winter. You will remember this camino forever as being very, very different and amazing, no matter how many other caminos you do in years to come!
Maggie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am umming and that. I've a flight to Madrid on 8th Feb, but I can't decide if I BlaBlaCar to Pamplona-St Jean or head off on the Camino from Madrid...

My only advice is stay in Valcarlos for the first night. As some of the Camino is closed due to trees down, snow or other issues you end up taking the road most of the way from St Jean PdP to Roncesvales. The route ended up being 27km when I did it on Wednesday with snow at the sides of the road at the top (no ice). If I did it again I would definitely split it into 2 days. It is up and down, mostly up, but the final down to Roncesvales is only 2km long.

Enjoy!!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My only advice is stay in Valcarlos for the first night. As some of the Camino is closed due to trees down, snow or other issues you end up taking the road most of the way from St Jean PdP to Roncesvales. The route ended up being 27km when I did it on Wednesday with snow at the sides of the road at the top (no ice). If I did it again I would definitely split it into 2 days. It is up and down, mostly up, but the final down to Roncesvales is only 2km long.

Enjoy!!!

Buen camino Karla. I keep track of the weather in Roncesvalles, Pamplona, Burgos, León, and Santiago de Compastella. Enjoy the snow in the Pyranese and rain in the plains outside Pamplona. It is all an adventure you will have with you forever. ❄️♀️. Tali

Buen Camino, have a wonderful time!

I will be in Astorga the night of 16th March to continue my Camino-in-stages from there, but I think you will be well ahead of me by then, probably arriving in Santiago de Compostela or even on your way home.

Please try to post occasionally to let us know how you are getting on.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back