• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My May packing list for your appraisal

Janine V

Time of past OR future Camino
Bucket list
I am planning to leave STJPDP on May 10 (assuming the SNCF angel helps me out by not cancelling my train trip from Paris the day before). I have been refining my pack and its contents for some time now, the result is in the attached list. A summary of which is: Current weight 6.4kg with a few minor items still to obtain. Now for the optional extras/luxuries:
Fleece - I already have a down jacket, do I need a fleece as well?
Merino Dress - could be used for sleeping too.
Rain Pants, Gloves, Spare Laces & Eye mask- each needed?
Power bank is heavy but I like the idea of being able to leave this on a charger, rather than my phone. It will also allow me listen to music if I like without draining my battery.
Book, a pure luxury I know, but have compromised on size and cannot stand e-readers or phone for reading.
If you have time, I would appreciate any guidance on both my packing list and my optional extras. Thanks Janine

Attachments

• Camino Packing List001.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 394
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I think you have a pretty good list. A lot of this is "personal preference" and just realize that, along the way, you will probably discard some stuff and get new stuff.

In MY experience, a long sleeve merino base layer long sleeve shirt and two tee shirts were enough. I hate wearing long sleeve shirts while walking, though.

You don't need a dress AND a skirt.

You might not need a brush if you bring a comb.

Instead of body wash and clothes wash, just bring a bar of soap for both. (But do bring shampoo and conditioner.)

Leave your perfume at home!!

What are the carabiners for?

You should bring a small flashlight of some kind. They turn off the lights all of a sudden in the albergues sometimes and you're in the dark. I also read by flashlight after that, too.

No, if you have the down jacket, you don't need the fleece. Fleece takes up a lot of space, too.

I brought a dress and it was great to wear while my hiking clothes dried, out on the town, and to sleep in. good idea.

I found that a rain jacket was enough. A lot of people like those Altra poncho/jacket things. I brought rain pants and only used them once (mostly, I just walked in my shorts in the rain, as long as my upper body and pack were covered)

A lot of people like eye masks and they don't weigh enough to worry about. Some people just have a buff that can also work as an eye mask. Be sure to bring ear plugs, though. I don't think you need extra shoelaces. You can get those in Spain if you need them.

There are lightweight powerbanks, right? I just charged my stuff in the albergue, but I didn't listen to music, so it may be more important to you.

I carried a book, read it and found others along the way in albergues. I also read a book on my phone, but I agree with you: real books are better.

Those are some of my opinions and I'm sure you will get others!

Last edited:
Hi Janine,

Seems like a pretty reasonable list to me and JillGat's comments are pretty spot on, though given your departure date I'd be inclined to cut down on rain gear and fleece etc. I left a couple of weeks earlier than you and didn't have a single day of rain and was only cold twice- crossing the Pyrenees and at O Cebreiro. Of course bad weather can extend right into June but if you possibly can I'd lighten the load and take a little extra contingency money for if you absolutely have to.

Buen Camino,

Rob.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If your fleece fits under your rain jacket, you could drop the down jacket - this gives you more flexibility since you can layer better. Also, may be warm enough to leave the sleeping bag, also. You may also want to look into bar soap versus the heavier body wash/shampoo/conditioner - my wife swears by the Dr Bronners Castile bar soap as a 3-in-1 product.

Then again, if the weight feels fine, just go for it!

A lot of this is "personal preference" and just realize that, along the way, you will probably discard some stuff and get new stuff.

In MY experience, a long sleeve merino base layer long sleeve shirt and two tee shirts were enough. I hate wearing long sleeve shirts while walking, though.

Instead of body wash and clothes wash, just bring a bar of soap for both. (But do bring shampoo and conditioner.)

You should bring a small flashlight of some kind. They turn off the lights all of a sudden in the albergues sometimes and you're in the dark. I also read by flashlight after that, too.

No, if you have the down jacket, you don't need the fleece. Fleece takes up a lot of space, too.

I brought a dress and it was great to wear while my hiking clothes dried, out on the town, and to sleep in. good idea.

I found that a rain jacket was enough. A lot of people like those Altra poncho/jacket things. I brought rain pants and only used them once (mostly, I just walked in my shorts in the rain, as long as my upper body and pack were covered)

A lot of people like eye masks and they don't weigh enough to worry about. Some people just have a buff that can also work as an eye mask. Be sure to bring ear plugs, though. I don't think you need extra shoelaces. You can get those in Spain if you need them.

There are lightweight powerbanks, right? I just charged my stuff in the albergue, but I didn't listen to music, so it may be more important to you.in Pants, Gloves, Spare Laces & Eye mask- each needed?

I carried a book, read it and found others along the way in albergues. I also read a book on my phone, but I agree with you: real books are better.

Thanks
A lot of this is "personal preference" and just realize that, along the way, you will probably discard some stuff and get new stuff.

There are lightweight powerbanks, right? I just charged my stuff in the albergue, but I didn't listen to music, so it may be more important to you.in Pants, Gloves, Spare Laces & Eye mask- each needed?

Thanks Jill for the feedback. Yes you're right i dont need both skirt and dress, although I'd like them both! Not sure what the caribiners are for? Saw a few suggestions so bought them - attaching things to my pack i suppose but not sure what!

Hi Janine,

Seems like a pretty reasonable list to me and JillGat's comments are pretty spot on, though given your departure date I'd be inclined to cut down on rain gear and fleece etc. I left a couple of weeks earlier than you and didn't have a single day of rain and was only cold twice- crossing the Pyrenees and at O Cebreiro. Of course bad weather can extend right into June but if you possibly can I'd lighten the load and take a little extra contingency money for if you absolutely have to.

Buen Camino,

Rob.
Thanks Rob. Fingers crossed for great weather too!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If your fleece fits under your rain jacket, you could drop the down jacket - this gives you more flexibility since you can layer better. Also, may be warm enough to leave the sleeping bag, also. You may also want to look into bar soap versus the heavier body wash/shampoo/conditioner - my wife swears by the Dr Bronners Castile bar soap as a 3-in-1 product.

Thanks Vacajoe, I have considered either down or fleece and the down does fit under my jacket and I do prefer it for keeping me warm. I also thought i can use it (in it's storage bag) as a pillow. I am currently trialling Dr Bonners liquid and can't say i like it for my hair but will test it out the bar instead. Not brave enough to leave the sleeping bag - but figure that i could always forward or leave behind if i find i dont really need it

My husband gets massive migraines from perfume with in seconds of smelling it. He makes a run for bathroom or outdoors ,some time losing his stomach,and migraine will hang on all day. Please leave at home. Buen Camino

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
You have a wash bag, a medical bag and a shopping bag. It's not clear how you want to organise all the other items in your pack. We use dry bags of different sizes and colours. The largest is for sleeping equipment, the smallest for the valuables which goes everywhere with me. Another serves for clothing and a see through plastic zip case for "hardware". A bag for the sandals might be useful.

Definitely no perfume, please. You're choice in wonderful fragrance may set off headaches or an allergic response in another peregrino. Some people have genuine fragrance sensitivities. I'm not one of them but I've worked with people who become violently ill just from the scent of someone else's fabric softener scent.

I found that taking a tiny lipstick in my bag made me feel "made-up" enough on my rest days. Anything else that falls in the realm of making yourself look like you are back home will probably be unnecessary. One of the wonderful aspects of the Camino is that no one knows you, so you can just be free of societal expectations of female beauty. (and it's much less weight to carry, too!)

Think in terms of layers. I have a camisole, a short sleeved wicking shirt, a long sleeved wicking shirt and a very (VERY!) lightweight wind breaker. I also carry a FroggToggs rain jacket which is just about the lightest piece of rain gear you can buy. If I wear ALL of those things at once, I'm toasty warm. And each one can be worn on it's own.

No matter what you bring with you, you can always delete things once you are on your way. Or pick up something you forgot while going in a larger town/city.

Every woman I know has learned her best choices on her first Camino. And most of us have sent things home or "donated" them in an albergue for someone else. Don't sweat it. Enjoy the journey. (But leave the perfume at home! ha ha)

Sandi

I am planning to leave STJPDP on May 10 (assuming the SNCF angel helps me out by not cancelling my train trip from Paris the day before). I have been refining my pack and its contents for some time now, the result is in the attached list. A summary of which is: Current weight 6.4kg with a few minor items still to obtain. Now for the optional extras/luxuries:
Power bank is heavy but I like the idea of being able to leave this on a charger, rather than my phone. It will also allow me listen to music if I like without draining my battery.
Book, a pure luxury I know, but have compromised on size and cannot stand e-readers or phone for reading.
If you have time, I would appreciate any guidance on both my packing list and my optional extras. Thanks Janine
Excellent list. Basically the same as mine. I use a baby muslin wrap as towel as does not stink and dries fast. I don't think you need the power bank. I would take a thin fleece rather than uniqlo as I would worry about my down jacket getting pinched...one less pair of socks...you might drop off a top part way...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You have a wash bag, a medical bag and a shopping bag. It's not clear how you want to organise all the other items in your pack. We use dry bags of different sizes and colours. The largest is for sleeping equipment, the smallest for the valuables which goes everywhere with me. Another serves for clothing and a see through plastic zip case for "hardware". A bag for the sandals might be useful.
Thanks Mikey, the Aarn has its own waterproof liner, however I have also used packing cells/mesh bags/zip lock bags for clothes, tevas and other items.

I wondered about the down jacket. It won't be breathable, will it? It will be very warm and sweaty? Great for sleeping in though. Do you know if we should be weighing the bag and its contents along with what we are wearing or just the bag and contents?

Definitely no perfume, please. You're choice in wonderful fragrance may set off headaches or an allergic response in another peregrino. Some people have genuine fragrance sensitivities. I'm not one of them but I've worked with people who become violently ill just from the scent of someone else's fabric softener scent.

I found that taking a tiny lipstick in my bag made me feel "made-up" enough on my rest days. Anything else that falls in the realm of making yourself look like you are back home will probably be unnecessary. One of the wonderful aspects of the Camino is that no one knows you, so you can just be free of societal expectations of female beauty. (and it's much less weight to carry, too!)

Think in terms of layers. I have a camisole, a short sleeved wicking shirt, a long sleeved wicking shirt and a very (VERY!) lightweight wind breaker. I also carry a FroggToggs rain jacket which is just about the lightest piece of rain gear you can buy. If I wear ALL of those things at once, I'm toasty warm. And each one can be worn on it's own.

No matter what you bring with you, you can always delete things once you are on your way. Or pick up something you forgot while going in a larger town/city.

Every woman I know has learned her best choices on her first Camino. And most of us have sent things home or "donated" them in an albergue for someone else. Don't sweat it. Enjoy the journey. (But leave the perfume at home! ha ha)

Sandi
Thanks Sandi for your reassurance. And point taken on perfume - I will leave it out. A habit of mine to take a sample bottle on my travels

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You can get shampoo sheets. Tiny plastic container. Weighs nothing. Bought it in an outdoor shop. Same goes for soap. Forget conditioner. Too much weight. I agree with other comment. A thin light fleece can be combined with a long sleeve merino top for warmth. Uses less space n more versatile. Personally agree. Nicer to read books than on ph but for a mee 6weeka of walking can survive without a book. Remember, you’ll be walking for weeks, not just 2 days. You’ve got to carry it.

I do not think you will need a fleece and a down jacket. The down jacket alone will suffice.
I do not think you will need a sleeping bag and a bag liner. I am sure just the bag will suffice. You will be sleeping indoors every night.
The gloves and rain pants? Maybe, maybe not. I never found a need for either on the Camino, but that is just me. There are others on this forum who will say they are a necessity. I am assuming you are walking from Saint Jean to Santiago, and if you are that will put you into the month of June, into the middle of the month. It does warm up quite a bit by then. Keep that in mind.

I wondered about the down jacket. It won't be breathable, will it? It will be very warm and sweaty? Great for sleeping in though. Do you know if we should be weighing the bag and its contents along with what we are wearing or just the bag and contents?

Down vests and jackets are one of the most breathable of insulative layers. Plus, most of the newer generation of down has a hydrophobic coating applied to the down, which doesn't impact its insulative value, but makes down a lot less subject to water impact if it gets wet..... and if used properly, getting wet is not much of an issue anyway. :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Hi Janine

I am starting mine about two weeks before yours and I got two pairs of rainproof walking trousers.... two pairs of shorts, three vest tops, two pairs of leggings n wearing one.. no perfume but body and sun tan lotion are a must I feel!!

Bee

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You can get shampoo sheets. Tiny plastic container. Weighs nothing. Bought it in an outdoor shop. Same goes for soap. Forget conditioner. Too much weight. I agree with other comment. A thin light fleece can be combined with a long sleeve merino top for warmth. Uses less space n more versatile. Personally agree. Nicer to read books than on ph but for a mee 6weeka of walking can survive without a book. Remember, you’ll be walking for weeks, not just 2 days. You’ve got to carry it.
Thanks Gabi, i will investigate the soap/shampoo sheets. But as for conditioner, you haven't seen my hair without it! I do have a concentrated leave in conditioner that i plan on taking. I am leaning towards the down jacket as i can use it as a pillow(in it's storage bag) and it also feels a lot more snuggly for evening use. My pack is only 30 or 33 litres but i have a fair bit of room left. If I do take it, the book could be first thing to leave my bag if the going gets tough.

I do not think you will need a fleece and a down jacket. The down jacket alone will suffice.
I do not think you will need a sleeping bag and a bag liner. I am sure just the bag will suffice. You will be sleeping indoors every night.
The gloves and rain pants? Maybe, maybe not. I never found a need for either on the Camino, but that is just me. There are others on this forum who will say they are a necessity. I am assuming you are walking from Saint Jean to Santiago, and if you are that will put you into the month of June, into the middle of the month. It does warm up quite a bit by then. Keep that in mind.
Thanks RJM

Hi Janine

I am starting mine about two weeks before yours and I got two pairs of rainproof walking trousers.... two pairs of shorts, three vest tops, two pairs of leggings n wearing one.. no perfume but body and sun tan lotion are a must I feel!!

Bee
Thanks Bee. Buen Camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Take the fleece, leave the canoli.

Seriously, the list looks good but consider using one thing for multiple uses. Here is a starter. You have hair ties. Leave the shower cap. Keep the Buff and leave the eye mask.

I am leaveing a few days ahead of you and am taking a down jacket as well as the fleece sweater. I have work the sweater extensively paired with my rain jacket and I know I can handle 5C to 7C fr extended periods, as long as the wind is not too strong. If it is, the down jacket goes on under the rain jacket, which stops all wind.

If it were me, I would also leave the sarong / scarf, spare laces, (just put new ones on before you go), and the caribiners, S hooks, sewing kit and alcohol wipes (hand sanitizer is already in there). If you want to save a bit more, as it is only 5 or 6 weeks, can a body wash cover for shampoo and conditioner, as well as laundry soap?

Have you considered zip off convertible pants? I take the lightest shorts I own and a pair of zip off pants. That is it. Just the necessities.

With the fleece and down jacket, perhaps a long sleeve Tshirt is overkill? Just a thought.

It is ok, getting close to the end. All are suggestions. If the pack is ok, by weight now, go for it.

I just discovered a rain kilt, just ordered a couple days ago, using instead of rain pants, which are much heavier and retain a lot of moisture.

Oh, and maybe look at a ziplock bag over a toiletry bag, (stll protects from leaks). And I did not see flipflops or a second pair of footwear. At the end of the day, definitely necessary, just to give the boots / shoes time to dry out. In the evening, drop a buit of baking soda into them to absorb as well as stuff them with newspaper (usually supplied by the albergue).

Not sure what that will add up to but has to be lighter, even a bit. Hope it helps.

One thing that got my attention was the weight of your Euro adapter. Are you talking about an adapter or a converter? I believe all you need is a very small adapter -- mine is just the "plug" section -- I plug my phone charger into it and then plug the adapter into the wall. It literally weighs almost nothing and is tiny.

Take the fleece, leave the canoli.

Seriously, the list looks good but consider using one thing for multiple uses. Here is a starter. You have hair ties. Leave the shower cap. Keep the Buff and leave the eye mask.

I am leaveing a few days ahead of you and am taking a down jacket as well as the fleece sweater. I have work the sweater extensively paired with my rain jacket and I know I can handle 5C to 7C fr extended periods, as long as the wind is not too strong. If it is, the down jacket goes on under the rain jacket, which stops all wind.

If it were me, I would also leave the sarong / scarf, spare laces, (just put new ones on before you go), and the caribiners, S hooks, sewing kit and alcohol wipes (hand sanitizer is already in there). If you want to save a bit more, as it is only 5 or 6 weeks, can a body wash cover for shampoo and conditioner, as well as laundry soap?

Have you considered zip off convertible pants? I take the lightest shorts I own and a pair of zip off pants. That is it. Just the necessities.

With the fleece and down jacket, perhaps a long sleeve Tshirt is overkill? Just a thought.

It is ok, getting close to the end. All are suggestions. If the pack is ok, by weight now, go for it.

I just discovered a rain kilt, just ordered a couple days ago, using instead of rain pants, which are much heavier and retain a lot of moisture.

Oh, and maybe look at a ziplock bag over a toiletry bag, (stll protects from leaks). And I did not see flipflops or a second pair of footwear. At the end of the day, definitely necessary, just to give the boots / shoes time to dry out. In the evening, drop a buit of baking soda into them to absorb as well as stuff them with newspaper (usually supplied by the albergue).

Not sure what that will add up to but has to be lighter, even a bit. Hope it helps.
Thanks Michelle for your suggestions. I will use the next 5 weeks to sample and test my options, hopefully the result will be a lighter load. I do have teva sandals for after wear or as a alternative.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
One thing that got my attention was the weight of your Euro adapter. Are you talking about an adapter or a converter? I believe all you need is a very small adapter -- mine is just the "plug" section -- I plug my phone charger into it and then plug the adapter into the wall. It literally weighs almost nothing and is tiny.
Or you can order a European plug phone charger from Amazon. That way you won't accidentally leave the plug adapter in the outlet. I have one with two USB ports so that I can share. And I bring a 10 ft long charging cord, as outlets aren't always conveniently located near your bunk, especially the upper bunks.

Hi Janade. It may be my terminology (or lack of). It is a universal plug but i will only have the euro prongs fitted. It then has 4 usb holes. This means i only need my phone charging cable, not the plug. Hope this makes sense

Several comments, responding to earlier posts.

I have found that a breathable down jacket is comfortable in a wider range of temperatures than fleece. In other words, it keeps you warm, but doesn't get too hot as quick as fleece. I took a fleece the first year and down the second. The down was so easy to pack, was lightweight and comfortable. As long as you have a rain jacket too, you should be fine with that.

I like the idea of this rain kilt instead of rain pants. I'm gonna look into that next time.

We've been over the soap/shampoo debate before, but I never get tired of talking about it! I would be surprised that anyone would think Dr. Bronner's soap (which is really not a Castile soap, btw) would be good for hair. It turns my hair into straw. I made my own bar shampoo and bar conditioner. They are made with different formulation than the kind of bar soap you use for your body and laundry. Body soap has a pH level that is too high for hair. Some people get the bar shampoos and conditioners at Lush, but I found theirs to dissolve too easily. You need a lot of ingredients and experience to make them, but a GREAT source for them is:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GetLathered

Nothing to spill and they last a long time.

Re. plug adapters, if you leave yours in an albergue outlet accidentally, ask the next albergue hospitalero/a if they have one somebody else left behind. They almost always have a bag of them! I had to do this several times.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

My advice; don't weigh anything. That's just me.

My husband gets massive migraines from perfume with in seconds of smelling it. He makes a run for bathroom or outdoors ,some time losing his stomach,and migraine will hang on all day. Please leave at home. Buen Camino

On my last Camino, there was some kind of popular menthol smelling ointment that was pervasive in the albergues. I didn't smell it the year before. It was so awful, I wanted to cry.

I feel for my fella. He has to leave a room or grocery line or lobby if the scent is enough he can smell it . Fabric softener get him too.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If it were me, I would also leave the sarong / scarf, spare laces, (just put new ones on before you go), and the caribiners, S hooks, sewing kit and alcohol wipes (hand sanitizer is already in there).

Small points based on my experience last year:

Laces - only 6 grams and they will double as a clothes line. I broke laces half way to SdC and couldn't find replacements due to small diameter needed for my boots. I used my clothes line several times, mostly in cities where the accommodation didn't provide drying facilities.

Caribiners - small ones weigh nothing and are handy for clipping stuff to your pack straps -- like your hat or a sweat towel, or a camera. I make it a habit to tie stuff to me that I don't want to lose. (You probably won't need big carabiners.)

Alcohol wipes - if you have to tape a hot spot or put a bandage on a blister, you will want the tape to stick --so you need to clean the skin with alcohol. Wipes weigh less than a small bottle of alcohol.

S-hooks - not sure of your intended use, but I used a semi-rigid flexible plastic cord to create a S-shaped hook for my clothes in the shower when there wasn't one provided. Only needed it a couple of times.

Sewing kit -- it weighs nothing and, as my grandmother used to say, "A stitch in time, saves nine."

Buen camino.

Small points based on my experience last year:

Laces - only 6 grams and they will double as a clothes line. I broke laces half way to SdC and couldn't find replacements due to small diameter needed for my boots. I used my clothes line several times, mostly in cities where the accommodation didn't provide drying facilities.

Caribiners - small ones weigh nothing and are handy for clipping stuff to your pack straps -- like your hat or a sweat towel, or a camera. I make it a habit to tie stuff to me that I don't want to lose. (You probably won't need big carabiners.)

Alcohol wipes - if you have to tape a hot spot or put a bandage on a blister, you will want the tape to stick --so you need to clean the skin with alcohol. Wipes weigh less than a small bottle of alcohol.

S-hooks - not sure of your intended use, but I used a semi-rigid flexible plastic cord to create a S-shaped hook for my clothes in the shower when there wasn't one provided. Only needed it a couple of times.

Sewing kit -- it weighs nothing and, as my grandmother used to say, "A stitch in time, saves nine."

Buen camino.
Thanks Scott, these are some of the reasons i choose these items (from forum advice). Considering their weight i think i'll be leaving them in.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I feel for my fella. He has to leave a room or grocery line or lobby if the scent is enough he can smell it . Fabric softener get him too.

I used to roll my eyes at people who have "chemical sensitivities." And then I developed them, too. I get a headache and sinus problems from many perfumes. Please remember that you will be sleeping in a room with sometimes dozens of people. The scents add up. You don't need them on the Camino.

Hi Janade. It may be my terminology (or lack of). It is a universal plug but i will only have the euro prongs fitted. It then has 4 usb holes. This means i only need my phone charging cable, not the plug. Hope this makes sense

It does make sense. I imagine you will be very popular as you will have three extra USB plugs that friends can use to charge their phones at the same time :)

I'm going in a couple of weeks a and was planning on bringing 2 thin fleeces. I get cold and when I did Norte in August it was hot but chilly at night. I only have a kagool as well. Your jacket probably warmer. I'm leaving my charging block. Too heavy and only used it once.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hola. While I am familiar with air travel restrictions on knives, I want to read your answers on carrying a small folding knife (Gerber Gear US1, (2.6 inch /6.6 cm blade)) in trains and buses in...
I couldn't find any posts about this topic on the forum (first time that's ever happened) so I thought I'd ask... It always seemed to me that wringing hand-washed clothes never works very well...
Hello. Having done the Portugese Central from Porto a few years ago, we will be doing the Frances from Leon this April. Searching the forums for footwear suggestions, we (wife and I) decided on...
Hi All, I am completing the Camino Ingles in April. I have just bought hiking trainers, as I find walking boots very heavy on my little, old feet. Hpwever, I am worried about conditions, with...
Hello, I will be doing El Camino from Sarria to Santiago this May 13 for the first time. I tend to twist my ankles in uneven surfaces and to easily slip on slippery surfaces. I have some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.