• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendent that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

My new Via de la Plata Blog

Norwegianpilgrim

Year of past OR future Camino
Walking the camino January/February (2020)
Hi everyone! Hope you are all staying safe and longing for a walk when it is safe again. I have just posted my first post on my new blog which is called The Norwegian Pilgrim. I started this as a way to think about my own journey, while at the same time creating an opportunity for others to take part. Maybe you have walked the same route, or maybe you are eager to do so. Anyway, I hope that this blog can be an inspiration for others and also a way to maybe get another perspective on how it was to walk the camino. I am leaving the link down below, and will try to post everyday to replicate the actual journey. Hope you can take the time to read it, and maybe come with some feedback if there is anything I can improve.

Camino de Santiago pendent that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Português 2020
I enjoyed reading the first entry, well done! That you walked part of the VdlP as an 11-year-old with your grandmother is fairly mind-blowing to me as I couldn't possibly have imagined doing anything remotely similar! It's great that you have such a deep connection to this route.

Last edited:

Norwegianpilgrim

I enjoyed reading the first entry, well done! That you walked part of the VdlP as an 11-year-old with your grandmother is fairly mind-blowing to me as I couldn't possibly have imagined doing anything remotely similar! It's great that you have such a deep connection to this route.
Thanks! It makes me happy that people can enjoy it. I have always looked at myself as mature for my age, but I have realized that maybe its a common thing when you're young, to think you are more mature than you are. Nonetheless I look back at it now and understand that it was actually quite special.

ranthr

Veteran Member
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
Looking forward to your next post.
Would have loved to have my grandchildren walking with me.
Walked Via de la Plata in 2011. Busy year, many pilgrims, full albergues.

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

linkster

Nunca dejes de creer!
CF (17) Sarria - Portomarín
CF (17) SJPdP - SdC
CF (18) SJPdP - Fisterra
CP (19) Porto - Muxia
I would like to walk a longer camino than the Frances, and I am interested in one of the southern caminos. I really liked Seville when I was there before the start of a camino several years ago.

Elle Bieling

Elle Bieling, PilgrimageTraveler
A total of eight in the past 6 years!
Hello @Norwegianpilgrim, thank you for posting. Last year I did the Via from Salamanca to SdC, the northern half, with friends. It is my hope to complete the southern half soon, when it is safe to do so, so I will follow your journey.

And don't worry about being "young." Write from your heart and all will be well!

Norwegianpilgrim

Hello @Norwegianpilgrim, thank you for posting. Last year I did the Via from Salamanca to SdC, the northern half, with friends. It is my hope to complete the southern half soon, when it is safe to do so, so I will follow your journey.

And don't worry about being "young." Write from your heart and all will be well!
I started the 15th of January this year, and finished late february!

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Latest posts