• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My only regret walking

SirRon

Time of past OR future Camino
May-July 2023
I don't mind that I'm going alone on the Camino Frances alone. I'm extroverted so I know I won't have a problem meeting people once I have begun. I just regret I have no one around me to share me daily excitement or planning for the journey haha. My wife is very supportive of me going but it's not her thing. I do wish I had others going with me at the very least to share excitement over "seemingly trivial" things like new socks haha!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I don't mind that I'm going alone on the Camino Frances alone. I'm extraverted so I know I won't have a problem meeting people once I have begun. I just regret I have no one around me to share me daily excitement or planning for the journey haha. My wife is very supportive of me going but it's not her thing. I do wish I had others going with me at the very least to share excitement over "seemingly trivial" things like new socks haha!
You may find a new "family" of sorts on the Camino. They won't replace your real family, but may well find joy in small things like new socks. Many people develop friendships that last during and beyond the Camino.

You may find a new "family" of sorts on the Camino. They won't replace your real family, but may well find joy in small things like new socks. Many people develop friendships that last during and beyond the Camino.
I fully expect to. Just now it would be fun to have someone in the real world to talk about. I have inspired some co-workers to do it in the future though!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I don't mind that I'm going alone on the Camino Frances alone. I'm extroverted so I know I won't have a problem meeting people once I have begun. I just regret I have no one around me to share me daily excitement or planning for the journey haha. My wife is very supportive of me going but it's not her thing. I do wish I had others going with me at the very least to share excitement over "seemingly trivial" things like new socks haha!
Well, there’s nothing much on TV this evening.

Tell us about your socks.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I gotta admit. these Wrightsocks double line babies are nice
Interesting, because I don't like the double liner socks. Maybe they would prevent blisters, but I don't like the feel. I prefer a single light weight, firm fiber sock.

(See - we can be friends and fellow pilgrims, even if we disagree! :D )

€60,-
Interesting, because I don't like the double liner socks. Maybe they would prevent blisters, but I don't like the feel. I prefer a single light weight, firm fiber sock.

(See - we can be friends and fellow pilgrims, even if we disagree! :D )
Those socks helped me survive 7 days walking the asphalts of Walt Disney World so they are doing something right for my old feet lol! And yes socks are a definitely personal choice! :)

Is there a local chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino near you?
I had to co-found a chapter so that I could have new people to share the Camino with.

I had to co-found a chapter so that I could have new people to share the Camino with.
the closest chapter is about 90 minutes away. Unfortunately (in this case), I live in a small, rural area.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
🙂 yep totally get it. I have no option but to travel solo, but your right, there are times you just wanna say to someone, "hey look at that." The upside is of coarse, we can go where we please, when we please & we do 🤣🤣

🙂 yep totally get it. I have no option but to travel solo, but your right, there are times you just wanna say to someone, "hey look at that." The upside is of coarse, we can go where we please, when we please & we do 🤣🤣
Just because you start the Camino solo doesn't mean that you will be walking alone. You will likely have plenty of opportunities to say "hey, look at that." The difference is that you will have the choice to walk alone or with a variety of other people.

I gotta admit. these Wrightsocks double line babies are nice
Oh, you are speaking my language! I bought a couple pairs at REI and used them while training on both city streets and mountain hikes. Then I bought more and wore them every day of my 31 day SJPDP to SdC trek in May-June. Only one tiny hot spot/pre-blister that I treated immediately (compeed). I changed socks midday, too. Super comfy.
I tried Injinji toe socks with thin wool socks but didn’t like the feel. I like smart wool socks, too, but haven’t tried them on long distances. I wear smart wool compression socks most work days as they help my chronic shin splints.
Socks are an excellent topic to discuss in the forum. Be prepared for debate!! 😊

€60,-
I was about to suggest the same thing. My nearest chapter of the Canadian Company of Pilgrims is 600 km away in Edmonton, Alberta. I am fortunate that it is an easy journey and I have planned a trip to coincide with the fall meeting next week. I always say I had to join this group because I was wearing out my non-pilgrim friends with talk about the camino!

For what it is worth, my only regret is that I didn’t start the Camino 20 years earlier! Walked with friends twice before, mocking forward to being on my own in mid-March and filling in the gaps from the earlier hikes. Not to mention seeing if my long underwear works At keeping me warm.

The camino can be an inner experience. I walked alone and met no pilgrims for 300 or so kms along the Madrid. It was a transformative experience. I am going to do the via de la plata with a friend and it will be an altogether different experience. I think you should embrace being alone and people will enter into your sphere and leave at the right time and that is all good.

€60,-
Not really a regret but I do wish I had someone along with me when I walked in summer 2019. Its great meeting new people along the way but they are not the same as having "your people" with you.

I like talking about socks!! Someone on this forum suggested buying socks with a hideous colours. The socks are easily identifiable as yours when you are hanging them on a communal clothesline and people are less inclined to take them by mistake. Smart wool socks are my best foot friends and I have never had a blister in any of my walking. Mine are a weird lime green and a sepia pink. Lost other dark-coloured socks to ???, but these puppies are always waiting for me. Happy walking in your double liner socks!

I was about to suggest the same thing. My nearest chapter of the Canadian Company of Pilgrims is 600 km away in Edmonton, Alberta. I am fortunate that it is an easy journey and I have planned a trip to coincide with the fall meeting next week. I always say I had to join this group because I was wearing out my non-pilgrim friends with talk about the camino!
@jblaskovits ,
aah,.. buddy.. the Edmonton chapter is only 600kms away from you, maybe you should try to make it something like the Camino walk. 😂
There is Toronto Chapter having meet in a church this Saturday, (Nov.5th) just to talk someone and stay in touch about the Camino, I will go and see how it goes.
After almost 5 months of completing from SJPP the Camino walk ,I still feel out of sync, to get back to realties in the real world.
Cheers and Buen Camino to all ! 🇨🇦

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Totally get it. I was fortunate in that I was planning all of this alongside Mrs C albeit she didn’t get as excited as me when I discovered a set of digital kitchen scales in one of our cupboards. Divine intervention possibly? She had an alternative theory. Anyway, I weighed everything I was taking to within an inch of its life. Sad but true.

You might check out some of the Camino groups on Facebook, such as Camigas, or Camino De Santiago 2022/2023, or Camino de Santiago All Routes. There are more. Camigas especially has lots of people asking for/getting advice, posting photos of their pack contents, photos of their Camino moments, comments about plans, mistakes, joys, fears, etc. I think you'd enjoy it - it was very helpful for me. I did 3 weeks solo in October on the Frances.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I know the feeling! Though my husband says he 'll go, he's not choosing to be involved much in the planning. Who knows. I just ordered 3 pairs of merino wool socks. Not trivial! I'm soooo excited.

That's what the forum is for. :)

I completely understand where you’re coming from as I went alone, but missed company along the way, especially during those special moments where you want to share your excitement. My husband enjoys walking but he would want to get from A to B as quickly as possible, where as I enjoy stopping to smell the flowers.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That's why WE'RE here for you!

For me, I'm kind of the opposite. I have the opportunity to "do the camino" with a small group 2023. I may start out with them but I am sure that by day 2 we will all be separating for a variety of reasons such as pace, fitness, interests, etc. I find I lose myself when I travel with other, they become a distraction and sometime even a stress. Also, when traveling with others, I find I am less likely to open up to meeting new people. It is not that I don't want to, but since you are already paying attention to you travel mate, your horizons for meeting and developing friendships with new people is diminished. I can remember many awesome trips I have taken alone and these have the best memories and I've made long time friends.

Funny, I just had an amazing conversation at MEC about Injini toe socks. A fellow was looking at them too and was wondering if the were worth it. I shared my Camino experience with him, the clerk was very interested too. You never know where support conversations will happen or when

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I planned my first one alone and over a long period of time and believe me, my coworkers were absolutely sick to death of hearing about my weekend research and show choice. Bless them for pretending to be interested. I spent a ton of time on this forum and reading blogs to sort of feel connected ahead of the trip.

This time, I’m going with a friend who has no idea what to expect and is thrilled at every new piece of the plan falling into place. It’s definitely very fun this way too but doesn’t make the trip come any sooner either! Lol.

I had the same feeling when I was planning it , in the end I met some lovely ppl en route from all walks of life and from all countries , whether it was the beer flowing or even the wine , the Pilgrims dinner in the evening at a local cafe it was a great time .. before I went however I never trained for it , I went in the deep end , not even one blister but I did have a swollen calf muscle so at Leon I came back home for a week rested up and then returned ..the time on the cdmino went far too quick but I am returning to do it again sometime next year .

Hi Sirron - I finished the Camino Frances Oct 12 and I really loved going solo - yiu will meet wonderful people you bond with, but you can go at your own pace - for me it was a chance to really care for myself and some wonderful things happened that wouldn’t have if I had come with someone. I had a married couple say the next time they would each do it alone because it is such a different experience emotionally and spiritually. I did set up two What’s App groups that I posted to daily so people could “walk” with me and support me and that worked out fabulously.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I completely understand where you’re coming from as I went alone, but missed company along the way, especially during those special moments where you want to share your excitement. My husband enjoys walking but he would want to get from A to B as quickly as possible, where as I enjoy stopping to smell the flowers.
You just described Mr. Sarahchicago and me. We talked in advance about how to blend our walking styles and it worked pretty well! I’m looking forward to my solo Camino next spring to see how I walk long distance alone (I’ve hiked alone many times but just day trips).

she didn’t get as excited as me when I discovered a set of digital kitchen scales in one of our cupboards.
Ohhhh! That IS exciting. Have you considered the weight of those double socks, as opposed to separate sock and liner combinations? Tall socks or short?

(It is wise to keep a spare battery for your scales, in a secure location, given your frequent usage.)

Planning is such a fun part of our caminos so now that you've shared your decision about which socks you're going to use tell us what you've decided on for rain gear 😊
I've got 3 darn tough mid cushion socks w/ cuffs coming. Need to test ponchos I have or spring for gortex. But will probably wait to see weather trends May '23.

I can relate! Don't get me wrong - I am TOTALLY glad I did both of my Caminos without companions from home - but in the planning stage it would have been much more fun if someone was excited WITH me. I didn't get any "excitement" when talking with my family. That said - some of my co-workers get into it... so maybe talk at work.

I can relate! Don't get me wrong - I am TOTALLY glad I did both of my Caminos without companions from home - but in the planning stage it would have been much more fun if someone was excited WITH me. I didn't get any "excitement" when talking with my family. That said - some of my co-workers get into it... so maybe talk at work.
I remember some telling me I must be mad wanting to walk 469 miles
I recall telling some that I was embarking on a
I recall telling some of those I knew I was embarking on a 779km hike and before I could explain the camino to them they thought I was completely mad .. so I got no support for that in a way I could understand as I never trained for it but I knew if I had the right footwear and travelled light my legs would see me through along with my faith ..yes it is cold first thing in the mornings when you set off for another 15 miles or so but it was the beauty of the whole landscape and stopping for a coffee and a chat with others .. even walking in the snow in April had its moments and struggling up some creek but I am sure many of you wished it never came to an end like myself .. I know it is calling me back ..its a different world ..don't bring too many socks though I just brought 4 pairs and always did a bit of washing every day ...one thing I don't miss is the snoring lol lol

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@jblaskovits ,
aah,.. buddy.. the Edmonton chapter is only 600kms away from you, maybe you should try to make it something like the Camino walk. 😂
There is Toronto Chapter having meet in a church this Saturday, (Nov.5th) just to talk someone and stay in touch about the Camino, I will go and see how it goes.
After almost 5 months of completing from SJPP the Camino walk ,I still feel out of sync, to get back to realties in the real world.
Cheers and Buen Camino to all ! 🇨🇦
Indeed, I’m attending the Toronto meeting this Saturday, only 6,000 km southwest of my home in Dawson City. Looking forward to walking one of the Portuguese Caminos again this winter with a Smartwool, a Darn Tough, and 2 Wrights (because they aren’t darn tough, but they’re comfortable) in my backpack.
You’re on the right track as an extrovert by walking the Frances, Sirron - always lots of people, even in winter, at least by my gauge. Last December walking 600km in Portugal, I only met 2 pilgrims, but that works for me too as more of a closet introvert who manifests intermittent extraversion by coming on this entertaining site.
Enjoy!

Indeed, I’m attending the Toronto meeting this Saturday, only 6,000 km southwest of my home in Dawson City. Looking forward to walking one of the Portuguese Caminos again this winter with a Smartwool, a Darn Tough, and 2 Wrights (because they aren’t darn tough, but they’re comfortable) in my backpack.
You’re on the right track as an extrovert by walking the Frances, Sirron - always lots of people, even in winter, at least by my gauge. Last December walking 600km in Portugal, I only met 2 pilgrims, but that works for me too as more of a closet introvert who manifests intermittent extraversion by coming on this entertaining site.
Enjoy!
That would be 6,000 km southeast: otherwise Toronto would be way out in the Pacific Ocean.

One of the transitions for our family as our kids started leaving home or doing their own thing after years of doing so much together (we were a home educating family) was facilitated by the Camino - we had to get our head around the fact that it was ok to do something that not everyone would participate in. Sounds obvious now;-) The first time I took four kids to Spain and left four at home felt really strange. The anticipation was muted out of deference to the poor souls who had to stay home - it was different to all of us looking forward to doing something together.

Hello. I fully understand your feelings, this is exactly why I would prefer to walk with a partner. Problem is, none of my friends or family are interested in walking.

Hello. I fully understand your feelings, this is exactly why I would prefer to walk with a partner. Problem is, none of my friends or family are interested in walking.
Now to be fair, I will probably prefer that I'm all alone when I do leave. I feel like my entire life I have graciously taken the co-pilot seat as a husband and father. I don't say this begrudgingly just that I chose to put others always before me. So in that regard, I'm glad I can make all decisions along the way and not adjust to what others want haha.
But yeah I would love to meet people early who will be going around the same time, just to chat!

I would like to see a picture of those wonderful socks you bought.
haha I'm not sure they will excite as much rolled up in my pack but here's a picture from their website :D

13_720x.png

Hi Sirron - I finished the Camino Frances Oct 12 and I really loved going solo - yiu will meet wonderful people you bond with, but you can go at your own pace - for me it was a chance to really care for myself and some wonderful things happened that wouldn’t have if I had come with someone. I had a married couple say the next time they would each do it alone because it is such a different experience emotionally and spiritually. I did set up two What’s App groups that I posted to daily so people could “walk” with me and support me and that worked out fabulously.
Good idea about the What's App groups!

Oh, you are speaking my language! I bought a couple pairs at REI and used them while training on both city streets and mountain hikes. Then I bought more and wore them every day of my 31 day SJPDP to SdC trek in May-June. Only one tiny hot spot/pre-blister that I treated immediately (compeed). I changed socks midday, too. Super comfy.
I tried Injinji toe socks with thin wool socks but didn’t like the feel. I like smart wool socks, too, but haven’t tried them on long distances. I wear smart wool compression socks most work days as they help my chronic shin splints.
Socks are an excellent topic to discuss in the forum. Be prepared for debate!! 😊
To double down on the sock talk haha. I have the quarter length socks . I'm not sure when I walk if I need higher length socks or not. I will be walking mostly in June or July though so I think these will be fine!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I will check again if they have one I can attend. Real world and children mean after school is hard to get to though!

For what it is worth, my only regret is that I didn’t start the Camino 20 years earlier! Walked with friends twice before, mocking forward to being on my own in mid-March and filling in the gaps from the earlier hikes. Not to mention seeing if my long underwear works At keeping me warm.
I agree!

I don't mind that I'm going alone
Like many others, I prefer going alone on the Camino. I can walk as far as I want. Eat where I want. Sleep where I want. Engage with other pilgrims as much or as little as I want.
To double down on the sock talk haha. I have the quarter length socks . I'm not sure when I walk if I need higher length socks or not. I will be walking mostly in June or July though so I think these will be fine!
I almost always wear WrightSocks, and I prefer the quarter length socks.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
II recall telling some of those I knew I was embarking on a 779km hike and before I could explain the camino to them they thought I was completely mad .. so I got no support for that

LOL.. Yep - I got plenty of people thinking I was totally crazy too! But I had a couple who were interested. And then after my first Camino - a lot more were interested when I was planning my 2nd Camino. My boss also - every once in a while - starts asking me all about it out of the blue. I had to email him some maps last month so he could see what I was referring to regarding my routes.

Haha... depends on the partner. My daughter was supposed to walk with me this summer. She was a total pain in the planning stages. Then she ended up postponing her Camino and I went when we had planned. So, I still had no one to talk to or get excited with before my Camino (well - a couple people at work, but not the same as someone who is going with you). She certainly didn't want me to help her plan HER Camino. And even when she started nearly a month after I started - I wanted to give her a few tips (especially since she was going on her first ever solo trip at barely 18 years old) and wanted NOTHING to do with any tips I might give her (but I laughed as she told me tips she got during her first couple of days that helped her and they were the same tips I was trying to give... but I am "just mom" haha.

That said - we both walked Caminos this summer (SEPARATELY) so now she loves telling me her post-Camino stories which is fun.

Have done the frances twice once walking most of the way with people i had met in SJPdP, and once on my own, i preferred the later, because I could stop where I wanted, sleep where I wanted, and eat where I wanted, and also walk with who ever I wanted, i hope to return SAP and will go it again alone

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think it’s too bad your wife won’t consider going. We just got home and it was amazing to do this as a couple-life changing, really. We cheered each other, supported each other and made incredible memories together. I am not an experienced hiker and went with my husband anyway..500 miles of conversation and comfortable silences and cultural enjoyment. I’m so glad and feel so blessed we did this together.

I just finished solo walking the Camino Frances on October 31st after 60 days of walking by myself! It was meditative, lovely, lonely, miserable and glorious. It was exactly what I hoped for to celebrate my retirement after 40 years working as a RN. My husband was not interested in this adventure. And I am so glad he didn't come. It was my winsome adventure and I did what I pleased and stayed where I wanted. I did meet many wonderful people on the way. At times, it thoroughly distracted me from my aching feet. Other days it was me, myself and I discussing our socks, footwear and what I can unload at the next albergue. I had tons of time talking with my Maker and had even more time listening. It was perfecto!

I think it’s too bad your wife won’t consider going. We just got home and it was amazing to do this as a couple-life changing, really. We cheered each other, supported each other and made incredible memories together. I am not an experienced hiker and went with my husband anyway..500 miles of conversation and comfortable silences and cultural enjoyment. I’m so glad and feel so blessed we did this together.
Sorry I didn't mean to construe she didn't go. My wife couldn’t go if she wanted to. She’s in better shape than me and runs marathons lol so she would enjoy probably! We have two children with heart conditions. So we take mostly family vacations. In this case she is totally fine with me going on my journey just as I was fine with her spending two weeks this past summer doing something she wanted to do.

We just have some interests that we cannot take our kids on like this one. Kids cannot do that much physical excursion. We both work together at the same company and have probably spent 99% percent of our time together since married!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Have done the frances twice once walking most of the way with people i had met in SJPdP, and once on my own, i preferred the later, because I could stop where I wanted, sleep where I wanted, and eat where I wanted, and also walk with who ever I wanted, i hope to return SAP and will go it again alone
I feel the same without having gone on my Camino yet. I like being able to choose to be social when I want but also follow my own path!

Sorry I didn't mean to construe she didn't go. My wife couldn’t go if she wanted to. She’s in better shape than me and runs marathons lol so she would enjoy probably! We have two children with heart conditions. So we take mostly family vacations. In this case she is totally fine with me going on my journey just as I was fine with her spending two weeks this past summer doing something she wanted to do.

We just have some interests that we cannot take our kids on like this one. Kids cannot do that much physical excursion. We both work together at the same company and have probably spent 99% percent of our time together since married!
I’m sorry I misconstrued your original message! Enjoy your trip and all the best to your whole family. You will have great stories to tell her when you get back!

You won’t be alone. Even on days you *want* to be alone, you won’t be. You will make fast friends, acquaintances, and a Camino Family — abd you will be seeing them all, repeatedly, every day until you reach Santiago. Then you will celebrate together. Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Sirron! Drop in on our regular Ivar Forum Community Zoom Chat and we'll be very happy to share your excitement...and, yes, even talk about socks. 😏 We're a widely diverse group, from all across North America and Europe.

It's every Tuesday, 6pm Madrid time. Everyone (experienced and newbie pilgrims alike) is welcome! Here's where you can find more info and our link: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/zoom-chats-are-announced-here.207/

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I use this site as well as belong to a Local American Pilgrims chapter that has local hikes and meetings for those who can relate

It's a very weird thing that the rest of the world does not necessarily share our passion 😀. A few days ago, in a social morning coffee group, I found myself talking at length about my wonderful new water shoes, and how fabulous they would be in the evenings as an alternative to my hiking sandals. Only to trail off as I realised that to most people this was a very boring topic...

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I found the members of our local Company of Pilgrims to be an invaluable resource in planning and also in sharing the excitement before I had actually walked my first Camino this past May-June. I picked everyone’s brains on what to pack and training, and they freely shared their experiences and were excited for me as they reminisced about their first Camino. Is there such a group near you?

This Forum is wonderful and I have gotten lots of suggestions & tips from the members here. But I also belong to a couple of Camino Facebook groups and have gotten support & ideas there also. One you might like to try is the Camino International Discussion Group.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello Sirron. Quite understand your thinking. For what it's worth I walked several pilgrimage routes with my wife and several on my own - to the extent I recently walked the route from Almeria to Granada and saw no other pilgrims for 8 days; it was wonderful! All have been memorable for me. Socks do not always become more meaningful when shared!
Just go and your spirits will surely be lifted!

Enjoy!
@Yukon,
I was there at the Toronto meeting yesterday, ( Nov.5th) but I was a bit late , wish I could have met you,
I would like to do the CF again if not the whole nine years from SJPP then from some anther point for 3 plus weeks.
Will see.. I’m having hard time to get the Camino out of my head.
Wishing you well ,
Cheers and Buen Camino to all. 🇨🇦

I found the members of our local Company of Pilgrims to be an invaluable resource in planning and also in sharing the excitement before I had actually walked my first Camino this past May-June. I picked everyone’s brains on what to pack and training, and they freely shared their experiences and were excited for me as they reminisced about their first Camino. Is there such a group near you?
I checked the calendar of the Atlanta Ga Camino group but I didn't see anything upcoming I will check. How was your May-June camino? I won't leave until the end of May but I'm very excited! I wish I could leave earlier in May though!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
@Yukon,
I was there at the Toronto meeting yesterday, ( Nov.5th) but I was a bit late , wish I could have met you,
I would like to do the CF again if not the whole nine years from SJPP then from some anther point for 3 plus weeks.
Will see.. I’m having hard time to get the Camino out of my head.
Wishing you well ,
Cheers and Buen Camino to all. 🇨🇦
I was also there, doing one of the backpack demos. It was great to hear the songs and stories from Dan Mullins!

If it is taking you nine years from SJPP you are probably setting a record as a slow walker. Maybe you start at Lavacolla for 3 plus weeks? ;-) [Just kidding. I know you meant nine yards but I couldn't resist.]

I was also there, doing one of the backpack demos. It was great to hear the songs and stories from Dan Mullins!

If it is taking you nine years from SJPP you are probably setting a record as a slow walker. Maybe you start at Lavacolla for 3 plus weeks? ;-) [Just kidding. I know you meant nine yards but I couldn't resist.]
Darn…. David,.. lol ..
Ouch.. I meant to say ,… if not the whole NINE YARDS ….( from SJPP) then somewhere from Pamplona, Or Logrono .. Burgos, Leon, Astorga, Sarria. To do the Camino walk again..
sorry for the typo ..
it took me 34 days of walk on the Camino ….plus 6 days of rest from SJPP to Santiago. ( total of 40 days )
Cheers and Buen Camino to all.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back