• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My packing list for the Primitivo in Mid-May to early June

• Thread starter Anemone del Camino
  • Start date
A

Anemone del Camino

I finally emptied by back pack from all the items I have been adding to it as I planned and got organised and now have it filled with what I think will be my final items for this Camino. Feel free to comment. I am still missing the weight of a few items, but shouldn't add up to more than 300 g. I am quite proud as I come to 7.5Kg, including what I would wear during the day, or some 1.9 kg, bringing my carrying weight to about 5.5 Kg, excluding water. I normally am at 8kg pre-water. Just imagine if I was not so chicken about the rain and only took a liner instead of a sleeping bag. And I even have some luxury in there. Surely I am missing something!

Sleeping:
Sleeping bag – NorthFace Mercurial : 751 g
Bedbug sheet: 130 g
Pillowcase: 100 g
Headlamp: 100 g
Long sleeve T: 180 g
Longjohns: 160 g
Small padlock: 30 g
Earplugs: 30 g
Eyeglasses case: 130 g

Total: 1.612

Health and hygene:
Towel: 190 g
Lush soap bar: 75 g
Tide pods: 200 g
Tide liquid: 90 g
Nappy pins: 10 g
Proshield +: 125 g
Sweing kit: 90 g
Compedes et al.: 50 g
Matches: 5 g
Swissknife: 20 g
Lip ointment: 10 g
Sun screen: 30 g
Ice bag: 5 g
St-John’s Wort oil: 25 g
Bodyglide: 50 g
Bagbalm: 50 g
Toothpaste: 30 g
Toothbrush and cap: 20 g
Hair gel: 110 g
Hair conditioner: 100 g
Antiperspirant:
Alcohol pads: 5 g
Meds: 50 g
Eaglecreek toilleteries bag: 30 g
Fasciia massage ball:L 35 g
Contact lenses and liquid: 55 g
Electrolytes: 300 g

Total: 1.760

Dayclothes (non pjs):
Macabi: 290 g
Pants: 400 g
2 tshirts: 300 g
1 fleece: 200 g
3 pairs socks: 150 g
2 undies: 50 g
2 bras:
Hat: 50 g
Buff: 50 g
Salomon shoes: 740 g
Birkies: 155 g
Biking shorts to wear w/Macabi: 175

Total: 2,560

Rain gear:
Altus poncho: 250 g
Rain pants: 170 g
Rain jacket: 350 g
Backpack cover: 80 g
Handsfree umbrella: 130 g

Total: 980 g

Technology:
Iphone: 160 g
Mini IpadL 310 g
Chargers and wires:
Ear phones: 5 g

Total: 475

Other:
Twist ties: 20 g
Plastic wallet: 25
Compostela and passport protector: 100 g
Travel backpack: 300 g
Shopping bag: 5 g
Pen: 5 g
Jawbone: 50
TP and doggie bags: 40 g
Pacerpoles: 650 g
Electrolytes: 300 g
Tempest 40l: 1 000 g

Total: 2,495 g

I've added 2 items, all for under 20 grams : a succion pad/sucker with a little hook to bring valuables in shower with me and hang them on the wall/tile, a whistle (after hearing about the nutter outside of Esclampero).

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Around 9.9 kg. If we remove what you will be wearing like a backpack, poles, jacket etc. This is quite good around 7kg.
My goal is to have my basic weight around 5kg and with food and water (2l) go upto 8kg.

Around 9.9 kg. If we remove what you will be wearing like a backpack, poles, jacket etc. This is quite good around 7kg.
My goal is to have my basic weight around 5kg and with food and water (2l) go upto 8kg.
Rats, I should have known an Iphone calculator is not to be used for such complicated math ;0)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Anemone -- Question for you -- why are you taking both the Altus poncho AND the rain jacket and Rain pants? I have just made the decision to get an Altus and I was planning to leave my jacket, rain pants and pack cover at home. My long pants are water resistant so I thought that unless its torrential my legs would be OK -- the poncho should keep rain off the upper half of my pants anyway. Do you think I am wrong to get rid of the rain jacket and rain pants? Liz

Anemone -- Question for you -- why are you taking both the Altus poncho AND the rain jacket and Rain pants? I have just made the decision to get an Altus and I was planning to leave my jacket, rain pants and pack cover at home. My long pants are water resistant so I thought that unless its torrential my legs would be OK -- the poncho should keep rain off the upper half of my pants anyway. Do you think I am wrong to get rid of the rain jacket and rain pants? Liz

Excellent question Liz! The Altus has the advantage of covering most of your body but it does not breathe. So unless it is heavy or continual rain, I prefer the jacket so I don't get all sweaty and cold because of the Altus.

I use the rain jacket in the early mornings if necessary but also when there is a chance of rain or a light drizzle. I will also use the backpack cover on those mornings of risk of rain.

The pants can be worn with the jacket or the Altus. I HATE having wet cold pants stuck to my legs. If not wearing rain pants I would roll up my pants and walk in sandals with no socks until the rain stops. Skin and rubber dry quickly ;0)

So yes, I could perhaps leave behing either the pants and jacket combo or the Altus, but I find I chose one or the other depending on the type of rain. Hope this helps!

Excellent question Liz! The Altus has the advantage of covering most of your body but it does not breathe. So unless it is heavy or continual rain, I prefer the jacket so I don't get all sweaty and cold because of the Altus.

I use the rain jacket in the early mornings if necessary but also when there is a chance of rain or a light drizzle. I will also use the backpack cover on those mornings of risk of rain.

The pants can be worn with the jacket or the Altus. I HATE having wet cold pants stuck to my legs. If not wearing rain pants I would roll up my pants and walk in sandals with no socks until the rain stops. Skin and rubber dry quickly ;0)

So yes, I could perhaps leave behing either the pants and jacket combo or the Altus, but I find I chose one or the other depending on the type of rain. Hope this helps!
Thanks Anemone. This was very helpful. I'm think I will be ok in light rain as my tech shirt and long pants are water resistant. I'll take the backpack cover and raincoat and hope for the best. If I get the Altus in time I may add some pit zips to it.....

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks Anemone. This was very helpful. I'm think I will be ok in light rain as my tech shirt and long pants are water resistant. I'll take the backpack cover and raincoat and hope for the best. If I get the Altus in time I may add some pit zips to it.....
I agree with you, you'll be fine. I'm just a wimp. ;0)

Lol! I wouldn't say that! We each have our needs! I hate being cold at nite so I use a sleeping bag AND bring log john bottoms and shirt

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there, I’m starting my first Camino Frances early May, and I don’t know whether I need hiking poles or not? I’m 26 years old, relatively fit and don’t have any injuries (yet!) I used poles for...
First Camino and walking with my wife. Decision time. Fleece and Puffer. I think one only but weather looks changeable at the moment. Trying to keep under 7kgs! Looking forward to a experience of...
Hi. Shawn and Lainey are a lovely couple - so positive! - who now live in Galicia and have a Youtube presence "Days we Spend" with plenty of excellent and informative Camino videos - they are...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.