• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My plan for August/September

Rich1

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (5/15)
Frances & Muxia (2016-18)
Camino from Madrid (9/18)
Frances to Burgos (9/19)
TBC
Ok...after much procrastination over the past couple of years which have seen me walking my 2nd CF with my wife, I’ve taken the plunge and booked flights for a Madrid, Salvador and Primitivo Camino :)
Will get to Lugo and then meet my daughter in order for us to from Sarria to SdC together...and she is very excited already.
I’m cutting time fairly short and will definitely bus/train from Sahagún to León. I’ve read a few reports of the final bit of the Madrid ‘lacking inspiration’...it looks like I can bus from Medina de Rioseco to León. Is this a sensible option?
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Actually, on further reflection, I should probably do Salvador/Primitivo more leisurely and save the Madrid for a rainy day :)

Sounds great. Buen camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ok...after much procrastination over the past couple of years which have seen me walking my 2nd CF with my wife, I’ve taken the plunge and booked flights for a Madrid, Salvador and Primitivo Camino :)
Will get to Lugo and then meet my daughter in order for us to from Sarria to SdC together...and she is very excited already.
I’m cutting time fairly short and will definitely bus/train from Sahagún to León. I’ve read a few reports of the final bit of the Madrid ‘lacking inspiration’...it looks like I can bus from Medina de Rioseco to León. Is this a sensible option?
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Whichever route you end up deciding on, it will be special that your daughter will be with you for part of your Camino. :)

Actually, I liked CdM in its totality. You have very nice Villalón de Campos and Grajal de Campos. And the landscapes are also worth seeing, though surely not spectacular. I would rather skip the part between Sahagun and Leon. But, of course, you'll choose what's right for and it will be the best choice!
ban_20.jpg

But, of course, you'll choose what's right for and it will be the best choice!
Never a truer word :)
Was getting myself all stressy about it yesterday...forgetting that the Camino has a funny way of sorting itself out and showing us the right way :):):)
Anyway, I sorted out major logistics yesterday - my flight to Madrid, daughter’s flight to SdC, and 2 flights home
I’ll just start at Madrid and see what happens...

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back