A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

My second Camino in 12 months

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2017
CF 2018
Maybe it's a sign that I'm a slow learner. Or that I've managed to forget how much I hurt after my Camino last summer (July-Aug), but I'm going back for more. The way I see things, the Camino always changes. The landscape is almost incidental. What really matters are the people you meet there and the stories that get shared.

My last walk helped me tremendously. I was carrying a lot of things. This time, I'm a bit lighter. And like last time, I'm trying hard to go into this with as few expectations as possible.

One foot in front of the other, see some of you at SJPP on June 12, 2018!

Advertisment

Bradypus

Antediluvian
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
The landscape is almost incidental. What really matters are the people you meet there and the stories that get shared.
Funny how we all look for different things on our Caminos. I walked for 20 days on the Via de la Plata in the past two winters, covered 570km, met only 5 other pilgrims in all that time and loved almost every minute :) I much prefer solitude and silence though some company now and again is very welcome too. I hope that you find all that you wish for in your journey. Ultreia!

trecile

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Aug - Sept (2016) SJPDP - Finisterre
July - Aug (2017) SJPDP - Muxia - Finisterre
I did the same thing last year. I walked my first Camino in August/September of 2016, and finished my second mid August last year. I don't have my third booked yet, but I'm planning on sometime before October of this year.

Advertisment

Colette Zaharie

Happy Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF-Fisterre-Muxia March 2017
Slovakia Camino Kosiče-Levoča Oct 2017
El Norte March 1 2018
Maybe it's a sign that I'm a slow learner. Or that I've managed to forget how much I hurt after my Camino last summer (July-Aug), but I'm going back for more. The way I see things, the Camino always changes. The landscape is almost incidental. What really matters are the people you meet there and the stories that get shared.

My last walk helped me tremendously. I was carrying a lot of things. This time, I'm a bit lighter. And like last time, I'm trying hard to go into this with as few expectations as possible.

I’m just back 15 days from completing my second Camino (950km on El Norte) and I’m looking at when I can return and which Camino. Maybe more one walks, more one is drawn to a life of introspective journeying. Buen camino.

easygoing

Walking the Camino with my 15 year old self
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
I have walked the Camino Francis 5 times, twice in 2017. (May 2018 and September 2018)

I am starting my third Camino in 12 months. It's a wonderful way to live

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2017
CF 2018
Enjoy and buen Camino.
I did it twice in an eleven month period, once. My knees still hate me, ha ha.
Funny enough, the two things that didn’t hurt at all were my knees and hips. I made a habit of zig zagging on downward slopes and that helped.

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2017
CF 2018

I’ve booked my room at SJPP for the night of June 11.

All that’s left to do now is complete my pre Camino training. Which consists of climbing and descending 12 flights of stairs daily with my weighted pack on.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 76 16.0%
  • May

Votes: 131 27.5%
  • June