• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My stages Camino Portugues the coastal May 2014

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
Day 1 - May 3 Matosinhos - Vila do Conde 29.6km Hotel Brazao €38
Day 2 - May 4 Vila do Conde - Apulia 24.3km Hotel Apulia Praia €40
Day 3 - May 5 Apulia - Viana do Castelo 36.2km Convento €6
Day 4 - May 6 Viana do Castelo - Caminha 31.1km Albergue Donativo €6
Day 5 - May 7 Caminha - Tui 19km (train between Cerveira- Valenca) Parador €70
Day 6 - May 8 Tui - Mos 24.7km Albergue €6
Day 7 - May 9 Mos - Redondela Albergue 14.3km Privado €15
Day 8 - May 10 Redondela - Pontevedra 24.2km Hostal Peregrino €15
Day 9 - May 11 Pontevedra- Caldas de Reis 29.8km Albergue €6
Day 10 - May 12 Caldas de Reis - Teo 36 km Albergue €6
Day 11 - May 13 Teo . Santiago de Compostela 15 km Albergue the Last Stamp €18.

May 13 - May 17 Santiago de Compostela. Great time with many forum members. Alan from Australia, Sean from Northern Ireland, Laurie from USA, Jose Luis Sanhez from Lisbon, John, Stephen, Ivar, Connor from Northern Ireland, Mila from USA, Liz from UK, Pat from USA, new friends Chantal from Marseille etc.

Thank you JW you let me help you in the Office and in the capela.

About 284.2km.

About 26km per day.

Great walking the first days on board walk, then way- marked.
Always the ocean to the left and the sun behind me.
Great weather, only sun shine except one afternoon in Caminha when it was cloudy.
Delicious food (no pilgrims menues) and great albariño.
About 5-6 other pilgrims the first days before they walked back to the central route.
After Apulia Isabel from Caceres, Jean Piero from San Remo and me.
I was very happy to have company at the albergues at nights :)

The fact that the ferry from Caminha, Portugal to A Guarda, Spain is out of function made us continue on the Portugues side of the river to Valenca where Isabel and Jean Piero stayed at the Bombeiros and I walked over the brigde to Tui where I had booked the Parador.

Bom caminho.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The ferry is out of function for maintenance all summer. Some pilgs take a taxi or walk around which adds one more day.
From A Guarda you can walk to Redondela further up in the north on the Central Portugues Camino.
You will walk along the coast through Oia, Baiona, Nigran, Vigo and Redondela.
I am returning in September.
Buen Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The ferry is out of function for maintenance all summer. Some pilgs take a taxi or walk around which adds one more day.
From A Guarda you can walk to Redondela further up in the north on the Central Portugues Camino.
You will walk along the coast through Oia, Baiona, Nigran, Vigo and Redondela.
I am returning in September.
Buen Camino.
ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400835520.673217.jpg

Guide book?
I didn´t have any because I couldn´t find any guide for the coastal. John Brierley´s guide Camino Portugues describes parts of the coastal and the central route.
I used my iPad mini - looked for wifi every evening and took screen shots on google maps for the next day and walked from village to village.
The first days on board walks and then the route was way- marked.
Regards,
annie

Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Day 1 - May 3 Matosinhos - Vila do Conde 29.6km Hotel Brazao €38
Day 2 - May 4 Vila do Conde - Apulia 24.3km Hotel Apulia Praia €40
Day 3 - May 5 Apulia - Viana do Castelo 36.2km Convento €6
Day 4 - May 6 Viana do Castelo - Caminha 31.1km Albergue Donativo €6
Day 5 - May 7 Caminha - Tui 19km (train between Cerveira- Valenca) Parador €70
Day 6 - May 8 Tui - Mos 24.7km Albergue €6
Day 7 - May 9 Mos - Redondela Albergue 14.3km Privado €15
Day 8 - May 10 Redondela - Pontevedra 24.2km Hostal Peregrino €15
Day 9 - May 11 Pontevedra- Caldas de Reis 29.8km Albergue €6
Day 10 - May 12 Caldas de Reis - Teo 36 km Albergue €6
Day 11 - May 13 Teo . Santiago de Compostela 15 km Albergue the Last Stamp €18.

May 13 - May 17 Santiago de Compostela. Great time with many forum members. Alan from Australia, Sean from Northern Ireland, Laurie from USA, Jose Luis Sanhez from Lisbon, John, Stephen, Ivar, Connor from Northern Ireland, Mila from USA, Liz from UK, Pat from USA, new friends Chantal from Marseille etc.

Thank you JW you let me help you in the Office and in the capela.

About 284.2km.

About 26km per day.

Great walking the first days on board walk, then way- marked.
Always the ocean to the left and the sun behind me.
Great weather, only sun shine except one afternoon in Caminha when it was cloudy.
Delicious food (no pilgrims menues) and great albariño.
About 5-6 other pilgrims the first days before they walked back to the central route.
After Apulia Isabel from Caceres, Jean Piero from San Remo and me.
I was very happy to have company at the albergues at nights :)

The fact that the ferry from Caminha, Portugal to A Guarda, Spain is out of function made us continue on the Camino Portugues side of the river to Valenca where Isabel and Jean Piero stayed at the Bombeiros and I walked over the brigde to Tui where I had booked the Parador.

Bom caminho.

Great info Annie, very detailed with kms and prices, will use this as future reference to help other pilgrims for a nice coastal Camino :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back