Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

My Video from the Camino Portugues Central via Porto

D.Matthew

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012 (St Jean to Finisterre), Camino Portuguese 2018 (Central Route from Porto)
Hello pilgrim family,

I walked the Camino Portugues with my family in 2018 and finally got around to editing the final video of our walk into Santiago. It was an amazing journey where we grew closer and met so many amazing people.

I walked the Frances in 2012 solo, and was really looking forward to returning to Santiago. After starting a family, I didn't know when that would be. After successful trips to Iceland, Vietnam, and Cambodia with my son, we decided he was ready to walk the Camino at age 2. It turned out to be a great decision, as he loved the entire experience. Now at 4, he is ready and excited to walk the Ingles. Hopefully we'll be able to travel again soon. We look forward to seeing some of you along the Way.

You can see all five parts of our journey on the Portuguese via this link.

Buen Camino.

David Manzo

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portugese (2018)
Love your video. Great way to start the day here in the US. Your children is adorable. Quick question. Where was that very first scene in the video? Thanks.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2013) Frances (2014) St. Oswald's Way (2015) Le Puy (2016) Portugues (2018)
What a beautiful and uplifting video, D. Matthew. A real tonic in this shattered year! Prayers of gratitude for the camino journeys we all have treasured and for an effective vaccine so that pilgrimage can flower, once again, so more families like yours can experience it.

D.Matthew

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012 (St Jean to Finisterre), Camino Portuguese 2018 (Central Route from Porto)
Love your video. Great way to start the day here in the US. Your children is adorable. Quick question. Where was that very first scene in the video? Thanks.
Thanks, David. That first scene in the video was a cafe in Padron called Don Pepe II. The gentleman saying "Buen Camino" ran the cafe with his family. It is a very popular place for pilgrims.

DSC06755.jpgWe started our walk early and were searching for a cafe along the Camino (we stayed a few blocks away at Pension Jardin) when we heard a voice calling to all pilgrims. We looked over and decided to follow the voice. It turned out to be great decision. Great breakfast and incredible service.

DSC06765.jpg

D.Matthew

Camino(s) past & future
What a beautiful and uplifting video, D. Matthew. A real tonic in this shattered year! Prayers of gratitude for the camino journeys we all have treasured and for an effective vaccine so that pilgrimage can flower, once again, so more families like yours can experience it.
Thank you! It was a personal tonic for me to put it together in this difficult year. I'll be joining you in prayer for an effective vaccine, and for the many albergues, cafes, restaurants, and other Camino support businesses that have been impacted by Covid.

Advertisement

Booking.com