• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My Video from the Camino Portugues Central via Porto

D.Matthew

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2012, Portuguese 2018, Ingles 2022
Hello pilgrim family,

I walked the Camino Portugues with my family in 2018 and finally got around to editing the final video of our walk into Santiago. It was an amazing journey where we grew closer and met so many amazing people.

I walked the Frances in 2012 solo, and was really looking forward to returning to Santiago. After starting a family, I didn't know when that would be. After successful trips to Iceland, Vietnam, and Cambodia with my son, we decided he was ready to walk the Camino at age 2. It turned out to be a great decision, as he loved the entire experience. Now at 4, he is ready and excited to walk the Ingles. Hopefully we'll be able to travel again soon. We look forward to seeing some of you along the Way.

You can see all five parts of our journey on the Portuguese via this link.

Buen Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Love your video. Great way to start the day here in the US. Your children is adorable. Quick question. Where was that very first scene in the video? Thanks.

What a beautiful and uplifting video, D. Matthew. A real tonic in this shattered year! Prayers of gratitude for the camino journeys we all have treasured and for an effective vaccine so that pilgrimage can flower, once again, so more families like yours can experience it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Love your video. Great way to start the day here in the US. Your children is adorable. Quick question. Where was that very first scene in the video? Thanks.
Thanks, David. That first scene in the video was a cafe in Padron called Don Pepe II. The gentleman saying "Buen Camino" ran the cafe with his family. It is a very popular place for pilgrims.

DSC06755.jpgWe started our walk early and were searching for a cafe along the Camino (we stayed a few blocks away at Pension Jardin) when we heard a voice calling to all pilgrims. We looked over and decided to follow the voice. It turned out to be great decision. Great breakfast and incredible service.

DSC06765.jpg

What a beautiful and uplifting video, D. Matthew. A real tonic in this shattered year! Prayers of gratitude for the camino journeys we all have treasured and for an effective vaccine so that pilgrimage can flower, once again, so more families like yours can experience it.
Thank you! It was a personal tonic for me to put it together in this difficult year. I'll be joining you in prayer for an effective vaccine, and for the many albergues, cafes, restaurants, and other Camino support businesses that have been impacted by Covid.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back