• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

my youtube video-sjpp to burgos

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Great photos Ian- really enjoyed watching your slideshow. Which part of June were you walking this? I walked the same terrain at the beginning of June 2008, and it was still very green and quite muddy and cold at times. I was amazed by how hot and dry it all looked!
Margaret

Hi Ian!
Enjoyed watching your photos too. They are great and brought many WARM memories to my mind.
I walked the same part of the Frances in May this year and the weather was sunny, warm, almost hot (some days 33 ° Celcius) it rained about two half days. But the camino was dry, no muddy to walk on. So Margaret the weather can be so different different years.
annie

Attachments

• Leaving torres del Rio May 24, 2009.jpg
    Leaving torres del Rio May 24, 2009.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,733
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Margaret and Annie
thanks for your comments,yes it was very warm-the tips of my ears became very sunburnt-I started in Sjpp on the 10th June and finished in Santiago the end of July.the link to part two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnplssUNy_Y
there's a pic of Magic from the Forum (she went native and had the time of her life) also a pic of Paddy and Rebs front door.
following your footsteps next april Margaret and walking from Le Puy-hope I do as well as you did.
Ian

Another treat Ian...thanks for sharing it. I am glad to hear you are doing the Le Puy route next! I recognised Reb's front door: the shadow of the tree onto the wall looks just beautiful!
Margaret

Ian great pictures what software did you use to get the photos to pan in and out ,great music on part two, who's the artist ? i start my camino on 1st september and would love to be able to create a visual diary to show the folks back home

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thankyou Magaret I didn't realize this was the case I rush home from work to read what posts I can and then sleep ready for the next days work. I can't wait to start my camino and get out of the rat race and enjoy life a little

Re: my youtube video-sjpp to burgos (FREE SOFTWARE)

what software did you use to get the photos to pan in and out ,great music on part two

hi Roddy and Margaret,

There are many commercial (US$ 49 to US$159) software for making slideshows with transition and other effects which makes the photos pan and zoom in and out, also the usual fading from slide to slide etc. Most "freeware" will do simple transitions and the best free software which has no time limitation or leave a bookmark until you buy their full program is MemoriesonWeb.

The website for downloading the free comprehensive Singapore software is at http://www.codejam.com/slideshow/mow.htm

It is better than many commercial products: you can select tens of photos and load it unattended in the programs, this can be done whilst you are doing something else; you can preview the loaded pictures for editing and removal or change of sequence after it has been loaded; you can add music and commentaries and text to the slide show; you can add video clips; it has a very generous catalogue of transitions such as pan, zoom, leaf turning, shutters, too many to describe; you can put the finished slideshow direct on youtube but as it is so easy to use take care it does not go over the 10 or so minutes allowed per episode. Amazing free stuff.

Previous photos posted on this forum can be retro-edited using this software to put in the effects.

Hope this helps.

Joe

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Re: my youtube video-sjpp to burgos (CROWDS)

start my camino and get out of the rat race and enjoy life a little
hi Roddy,
I note that you
rush home from work to read what posts I can
I read in Sil's post that her friend is not quite out of a rat race on the Camino and finding it a bit testy, her friend's comments
21st May: Another 30 km & I´m in Arzua. 42km to go to Santiago. Dealing with the crowds has been a true test.

I think by 1st September things will taper off to allow you to really get out of the rat race. :D

Joe

Most read last week in this forum

Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back