• Click to join the Casa Ivar mailing List
    (separate from the forum emails). This includes new videos created on YouTube and new prodcts on the Camino Forum Store. (Click the small "X" on the top right corner to remove this message)

Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Nájera to Bilbao

JanedS

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances May 2016
Finisterre & Muxia Sept 2016
Mosel Camino May 2018
Does anyone know the best way to travel from Nájera to Bilbao airport? I’m hoping to travel in the morning of 1st May 18 - am aware it’s a holiday in Spain and there don’t seem to be buses or trains running that day. Looks like there are taxis, but this is a very expensive option.
Would appreciate any ideas...
Buen Camino

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

MichelleElynHogan

Veteran Member
Change your dates. It is the easiest solution. Travel before or after the holiday. Buses are cheap in Spain, and, though you will likely have to back up to Logrono, Bilbao is due North and only a couple of hours by bus.

JanedS

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances May 2016
Mosel Camino May 2018
Thanks Michelle - I have a flight leaving Bilbao in the afternoon of the 1st...

Past OR future Camino
06,CF;13,CP;17,SSal;19,Ingles
Does anyone know the best way to travel from Nájera to Bilbao airport? I’m hoping to travel in the morning of 1st May 18 - am aware it’s a holiday in Spain and there don’t seem to be buses or trains running that day. Looks like there are taxis, but this is a very expensive option.
Buen Camino
I just began a search on rome2rio.com. Two buses, about four hours. Depends what time your flight is, you might make it. Have a look yourself. First bus to Logrono, then to Bilbao.

Past OR future Camino
06,CF;13,CP;17,SSal;19,Ingles
I just began a search on rome2rio.com. Two buses, about four hours. Depends what time your flight is, you might make it. Have a look yourself. First bus to Logrono, then to Bilbao.
EDIT Sorry, did not see the part where you have already checked buses.

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

JanedS

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances May 2016
Mosel Camino May 2018
Thanks Kirkie - I’ll have a look. There is normally public transport, but being a holiday, nithing seems to be running. Not good timing on my part...

D

Deleted member 12253

Buen Camino
Logrono plenty of buses

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg