• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Nadine K's YouTube videos of the Vasco

NualaOC

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
A few and hopefully lots more.
I'm hoping to walk the Vasco next year and am enjoying the anticipatory research and planning.

I was delighted to discover that forum member @NadineK made some YouTube videos of her recent walk. There's a concise and helpful one for each of her stages (Irun to Santo Domingo), giving a great sense of the scenery, terrain, albergues and Basque culture.
Highly recommended, with the usual 'Camino distraction while I should be working' caveat 😄

You can view them here, along with of videos Nadine's other Caminos.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Agreed - Nadine's videos are fantastic ...... as long as she has her coffee in the morning 🤣

Also, she has the admirable quality of being able to turn something that goes unexpectedly wrong into a positive light. A reminder that life doesn't always go the way you want it (especially when one is walking a Camino) but there is a silver lining there somewhere if you open your eyes and look for it.

She talks about it, and talks some more about it then reasons it out and then shrugs if off. It reminds me not to devote too much time thinking about something that could ruin your best made plans or day.

The only thing I wonder about is that she left her hat behind in an albergue somewhere early on in this latest video series and was determined to buy another hat at the first opportunity. Fast forward a couple of weeks and no hat yet as far as I can tell. A bit of a mystery folks!

Nadine's videos are well worth watching.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Agreed - Nadine's videos are fantastic ...... as long as she has her coffee in the morning 🤣

Also, she has the admirable quality of being able to turn something that goes unexpectedly wrong into a positive light. A reminder that life doesn't always go the way you want it (especially when one is walking a Camino) but there is a silver lining there somewhere if you open your eyes and look for it.

She talks about it, and talks some more about it then reasons it out and then shrugs if off. It reminds me not to devote too much time thinking about something that could ruin your best made plans or day.

The only thing I wonder about is that she left her hat behind in an albergue somewhere early on in this latest video series and was determined to buy another hat at the first opportunity. Fast forward a couple of weeks and no hat yet as far as I can tell. A bit of a mystery folks!

Nadine's videos are well worth watching.
I definitely need my coffee before doing just about anything!!

And I did buy a new hat! I found one in Leon after losing my other one a few days before... but has the new hat not made an appearance in a video yet??! Now it's going to be like a scavenger hunt of sorts... to see if you can spot the new hat! (okay I just scanned through my video clips and apparently I take a lot more video in the mornings, when I'm not wearing a hat... and well, I probably need to wear a hat a lot more often!) :)

And maybe these will help get a few more walking the Vasco Interio or Via Bayona! It's such a nice route and way too few pilgrims. It's even possible to walk from Biarritz airport and train station on to the Via Bayona route. Really enjoyed seeing some of the familiar spots as I was just a few days behind Nadine.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back