• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for Name of Priest Who Says English Mass at Cathedral de Compostela

Coverbid

Time of past OR future Camino
June-July 2021Toledo, Sp; Lourdes, Fr; Del Norte
Hi, Can anyone tell me the name of the Pilipino priest that says the English Mass at the Cathedral de Compostela? He has walked 3 Caminos himself. He is about 40-50ish years old. I want to send him some information, but I have forgotten his name.
Does anyone know of the mailing address to the Cathedral?
Thank you for your help.
Mike

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, Can anyone tell me the name of the Pilipino priest that says the English Mass at the Cathedral de Compostela? He has walked 3 Caminos himself. He is about 40-50ish years old. I want to send him some information, but I have forgotten his name.
Thank you for your help.
Mike

Father Manny. Fr. Manuel Leandro Domingo Jr. of the Salesian Community of St. John Bosco.

See this link.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you for your help.
Mike
Father Manny

I'm not sure if this will work?:
Praza do Obradoiro, s/n, 15704 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain

Here is a link to some email addresses - maybe you can send them a query?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm not sure if this will work?:
Praza do Obradoiro, s/n, 15704 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain

Here is a link to some email addresses - maybe you can send them a query?
Thank you, that is what I had as well. I sent them an email,, but I never got a response. Stay safe.

that is what I had as well. I sent them an email,, but I never got a response
That mailbox is often not very responsive.

But here is info from earlier posts on the forum:
For pilgrims who have arrived in Santiago de Compostela and in need of information where to stay or to buy food, how to go to the bus station, train station or airport or feel lost or not sure what to do and need to talk with someone, they may contact me by landline - 981552512 (Spain) by e-mail - mannydomingo@yahoo.com/WhatsApp or Viber +63 9195010374 (this is my Philippines number which I continue to use).

Fr. Manny is a member of this forum. I don't know whether he contacts it frequently and whether he has set up his account in a way that he will be notified of private messages sent to him. You can try by clicking on @Manny D and by starting a conversation.

If you are on Facebook, here is his FB page: https://www.facebook.com/manny.domingo.52. It is active (I checked). Post on his page or, preferably, use FB's Messenger service.

Father Manny. Fr. Manuel Leandro Domingo Jr. of the Salesian Community of St. John Bosco.

See this link.

By the way...if you are a religious pilgrim, as we are (in addition to the culture, architecture, history, nature, exercise, etc.), one of our most moving experiences was a special ceremony Fr. Manny conducted after the evening mass in the cathedral. Since my Spanish comprehension is not bad, I heard an announcement in Spanish before the end of the mass that those religious pilgrims who had just completed the camino were invited to a side chapel to share their experiences. My wife and I went there, joined by perhaps 16 or so others. Fr. Manny invited each of us to address the group relating what we experienced. The stories from pilgrims from the Americas, Europe and Australia were unforgettable, ranging from atonement to finding true love to a renewed faith in humankind. By the time the stories were done, the cathedral was empty. Fr. then led to the tomb of Santiago below the main altar where he led us in prayer and gave us a special blessing.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
That mailbox is often not very responsive.

But here is info from earlier posts on the forum:

Fr. Manny is a member of this forum. I don't know whether he contacts it frequently and whether he has set up his account in a way that he will be notified of private messages sent to him. You can try by clicking on @Manny D and by starting a conversation.

If you are on Facebook, here is his FB page: https://www.facebook.com/manny.domingo.52. It is active (I checked). Post on his page or, preferably, use FB's Messenger service.
Awesome, thank you so much for your help. Mike
By the way...if you are a religious pilgrim, as we are (in addition to the culture, architecture, history, nature, exercise, etc.), one of our most moving experiences was a special ceremony Fr. Manny conducted after the evening mass in the cathedral. Since my Spanish comprehension is not bad, I heard an announcement in Spanish before the end of the mass that those religious pilgrims who had just completed the camino were invited to a side chapel to share their experiences. My wife and I went there, joined by perhaps 16 or so others. Fr. Manny invited each of us to address the group relating what we experienced. The stories from pilgrims from the Americas, Europe and Australia were unforgettable, ranging from atonement to finding true love to a renewed faith in humankind. By the time the stories were done, the cathedral was empty. Fr. then led to the tomb of Santiago below the main altar where he led us in prayer and gave us a special blessing.
Hi, yes I am a religious pilgrim. And after attending two of his Masses, I would agree with your feeling about his unforgettable contribution to us as Pilgrims. I had a similar response in hearing stories brought forth by Pilgrims. They were so moving and inspiring. I attended in June 2018, and July 2021. It's wonderful too hear about his own caminos as well. I just sent him an email. I hope it doesn't go to spam.
I live in the States, and hope to complete two additional Caminos in the next years.
Thank you so much,
Mike

Awesome, thank you so much for your help. Mike

Hi, yes I am a religious pilgrim. And after attending two of his Masses, I would agree with your feeling about his unforgettable contribution to us as Pilgrims. I had a similar response in hearing stories brought forth by Pilgrims. They were so moving and inspiring. I attended in June 2018, and July 2021. It's wonderful too hear about his own caminos as well. I just sent him an email. I hope it doesn't go to spam.
I live in the States, and hope to complete two additional Caminos in the next years.
Thank you so much,
Mike
Mike:

Like you, we hope to keep walking more caminos. We've never done one in southern Spain or Portugal, so they are on our list. But...next year is the 500th anniversary of St. Ignatius' journey from Loyola to Montserrat and Manresa and a priest who has long been a devotee of Ignatius and his Spiritual Exercises has asked if we could lead him on a two-week camino. We are looking at putting this together. Having done the entire route, which is worth doing other than the stretch between Zaragoza and Lerida, I'm not sure how we can fit the best parts into two weeks. Fr Jose in Loyola, the godfather of this camino, leads groups every year, mainly from Australia and New Zealand. His trips are fully guided. I understand the value of this type of camino, but my wife and I prefer to walk. Such a dilemma. If our priest is willing, I would likely have us start in Loyola, then go straight to Logrono, on to Tudela and Zaragoza, then train to Lerida, walk to Verdu where one can stay at the home of St Peter Claver, then on to Montserrat and Manresa. Buen Camino!

Thank you for your help.
Mike
Fr Manny, a most lovely man, he took us all out for coffee after Mass in Nov this year and I was very blessed hearing all his stories.

His Mass was a highlight for me 2 years ago on another Camino. I think I will write to him too.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Mike:

Like you, we hope to keep walking more caminos. We've never done one in southern Spain or Portugal, so they are on our list. But...next year is the 500th anniversary of St. Ignatius' journey from Loyola to Montserrat and Manresa and a priest who has long been a devotee of Ignatius and his Spiritual Exercises has asked if we could lead him on a two-week camino. We are looking at putting this together. Having done the entire route, which is worth doing other than the stretch between Zaragoza and Lerida, I'm not sure how we can fit the best parts into two weeks. Fr Jose in Loyola, the godfather of this camino, leads groups every year, mainly from Australia and New Zealand. His trips are fully guided. I understand the value of this type of camino, but my wife and I prefer to walk. Such a dilemma. If our priest is willing, I would likely have us start in Loyola, then go straight to Logrono, on to Tudela and Zaragoza, then train to Lerida, walk to Verdu where one can stay at the home of St Peter Claver, then on to Montserrat and Manresa. Buen Camino!
Hi, that all sounds wonderful. Something to think about. I believe my next will be the Via Francigena. I'm starting in Geneva. Still 500 miles to Rome.

Hi, that all sounds wonderful. Something to think about. I believe my next will be the Via Francigena. I'm starting in Geneva. Still 500 miles to Rome.
I wish you well. I lived in Italy for five years and while I didn't walk the route, I know all the stops well. It's gorgeous. Is Toledo on the Levante?

I wish you well. I lived in Italy for five years and while I didn't walk the route, I know all the stops well. It's gorgeous. Is Toledo on the Levante?
Hi, the Toledo where I live is in the States. Ohio. Although I did visit Toledo, Spain last year. It was beautiful.
Thank you, Mike

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
How wonderful. I wonder if Fr Manny does this regularly.

Father Manny just lives, with his community, a few 100m down the street from me ;-) If all else fails you can post it to me:

Father Manny Domingo
c/o
S.Yates
Rúa do Campo de Santo Antonio, 22, Primero (First Floor)
15703 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña
Spain/España

and I pass it on to him ;-)

BC SY

Father Manny just lives, with his community, a few 100m down the street from me ;-) If all else fails you can post it to me:

Father Manny Domingo
c/o
S.Yates
Rúa do Campo de Santo Antonio, 22, Primero (First Floor)
15703 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña
Spain/España

and I pass it on to him ;-)

BC SY
Ok, I already sent it. But a big thank you. If u see him, let him know I sent an email to his yahoo account as well. Mike

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...
Mods: please move this thread to wherever it belongs and/or give me links to threads about this. Thanks! I will be in Santiago on Apr. 28-30. Usually I have stayed at zthe Last Stamp, but they...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.