• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Name that town...

A

Anonymous

When we're not walking the Camino for real, we can still walk it in memory. I've just started blocking in the sketch for a painting. So far, the distant town is the only patch of remaining blank canvas. So here's a quiz: name that town! Who will be first to get it? :arrow:

Gareth

Attachments

• name-that-town.jpg
    name-that-town.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,223
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
How about Cirauqui - out of Puente le Reina?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Could well be Castrojeriz, but I think that Gareth might just be pulling a fast one on us, so I will go for something less obvious - Navarette.
Anne

annakappa said:
Could well be Castrojeriz, but I think that Gareth might just be pulling a fast one on us, so I will go for something less obvious - Navarette.
Anne

No. Sorry. :?
Gareth

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
jl said:
How about Cirauqui - out of Puente le Reina?

Excellent choice!!! :D It is indeed Cirauqui. Well done! :D :D :D Here is the picture with the town painted in, which I've done while waiting for your answers.

Gareth

Attachments

• cirauqui.jpg
    cirauqui.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,112
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Gareth on my "Camino Wall" covered with photographs and maps I have a photo of Cirauqui with a group of pilgrims walking towards the town. To me that photo epitomises the whole pilgrimage. The green of the vineyards, the brown of the tilled earth, the stark whiteness of the village - on a hill, like so many of the villages, with the church as the focal point where it can be seen by the people on the plains and the village, and then the pilgrims - always walking onwards. There are 2 villages I always think of when I hear the word Spain - one is Ciauqui and the other is Arres on the Aragonese way. That is the opposite in some respects - it is brown rather than white, but it too stands proudly on a hill though the Chuch here is more hidden from view. It is surrounded by thick low scrub (what I would call a wattle bush) and shows a strength and resilience to what must be pretty fierce weather at times.

Not only are you able to paint pictures with words but also with a paint brush. Well done. Cheers, Janet

jl said:
To me that photo epitomises the whole pilgrimage. The green of the vineyards, the brown of the tilled earth, the stark whiteness of the village - on a hill, like so many of the villages, with the church as the focal point where it can be seen by the people on the plains and the village, and then the pilgrims - always walking onwards. There are 2 villages I always think of when I hear the word Spain - one is Ciauqui and the other is Arres on the Aragonese way.

I'm glad I brought it alive for you - just for a moment! The quality of the photos is not too good: the lighting is a bit tricky here at night.

Gareth

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A picture that to me evokes the absolute essence of the Camino is this one.... it was posted a while ago on the Forum, unfortunately I cannot remember who took the photo and so I am unable to give him credit but I love it. I have it as my background on my computer so all day long I have a lovely reminder of the Camino

Attachments

• camino desktop pic (Small).JPG
    camino desktop pic (Small).JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 981
alipilgrim said:
A picture that to me evokes the absolute essence of the Camino is this one.... it was posted a while ago on the Forum, unfortunately I cannot remember who took the photo

Nice picture. Are we going to play 'Name that Town'? I haven't got a clue about this one! I'll guess it's not on the Camino Frances though. Camino Aragones somewhere?

Gareth

Sorry, anyone's guess is as good as mine. Maybe the photographer will see this thread and chime in.... (and to him:thanks again!)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I think it is just outside Pamplona, where you can look over near Cizur Menor (I think) and see this view. I have a nowhere near so impressive a photo from what I think is near the same spot.
Margaret

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpg
    IMG_2320.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 815
Well,

have a look at the picture I made.
A few meters further and it would have been on exact the same spot.

Ultreya,
Carli Di Bortolo.

Attachments

• cirauqui.JPG
    cirauqui.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 763
Re: Name that town is ...................GALAR

Village on the left Camino

Between Cizur Menor and Zariquiegui, in the way to El PERDON.-Greetings from Pamplona.-

galar.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Interesting how the seasons change things. I had to struggle through thick mud beside those vineyards to reach Cirauqui. Plus there was a section of knee-deep freezing cold water!!! :lol:
Margaret

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
KiwiNomad06 said:
Interesting how the seasons change things. I had to struggle through thick mud beside those vineyards to reach Cirauqui. Plus there was a section of knee-deep freezing cold water!!! :lol:
Margaret

This is a picture I took on October 4th 2005; it was HOT, to say the least, and no mud that year.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back