• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Narrow margin changing flights in Barcelona Airport.

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Time of past OR future Camino
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
Help !

I have a problem that might be settled with a fast answer.
I have a flight coming tomorrow afternoog coming in 1 hour before the check in desk closes for the next flight to Seville.
This time it is entirely my own fault and this time I have my wife and a roller suitcase as company !!
The times when me and my rucksack gut dask through an airport post hast is over !!
I have to get off my first flight, get our luggage in collect area B, enter the airport area again and find gate B 47 in an hour !

Does ANYONE know the layout of Barcelona airport ( hard to find on the net, teerorism caution, I guess!)
There are some renovations done in teh airport, but I am confident that it will be on the ground floor.
As I recall from last year the ground floor has 4 moving pavement in a row to speed up matter, right ??

The only time In my life I am hoping for a belated departure... it was last year due to It breach of security all over Europe !

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
From where are you flying into Barcelona? It’s nit a huge airport but if you are having to change terminals or pass through customs/immigration, that’s a tight squeeze to make the new check-in (NOT departure!!!!) time.

If you can, change your incoming flight’s seat towards the front of the plane so at least you’ll get off ahead of most of the crowd - that can save you 10-15 minutes in deplaning as well as similar time in other security checks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am / we are flying from Copenhagen, and to make matters worse; it includes arriving in T2 and checking in in T1
- I will not be taking bets, but it will be a narrow one ...
I have to watch it better next time around !!

thanx very much for the overview links...

Run, Stivandrer, run.

Arriving in T2 and checking in at T1, does that mean you have to go to the new terminal? The bus is right outside of the terminal but you have to go through security check again.

So, be ruthless and run.....

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I’d send your wife ahead of you at each step of the process to secure a spot in whatever lines there may be. At worst, she makes the flight and you only have to buy one new (very expensive) ticket for the next flight to your destination.

On a positive note, flew through BCN twice last year and it was very efficiently ran with limited lines. đź‘Ť

It appears from the way you have described this that you are on two separate tickets, one from somewhere to Barcelona and then the next from Barcelona to Seville. I am also assuming that you are travelling within the Schengen zone and not having to do customs clearance. Is this so?

If you are not, and are ticketed to Seville with Barcelona as a transit, then the airline should handle the baggage transfer, and you should only have to get yourself to the new terminal.

This general rule breaks down with some budget carriers, so it will pay to confirm where your bags have been tagged to end up when you check in.

Put on your running shoes and grease the wheels on your suitcase! Last summer I flew from Nice to Manchester England with a change over in Barcelona. I was supposed to have 2 hours between flights, but the first flight left 1.5 hours late, and arrived at one end of the Barcelona airport with under half an hour to get to the connecting gate at the farthest other end! Signage and direction to the other gate was not very clear, and I had not checked the airport site because I was supposed to have plenty of time. I literally ran and arrived at the gate as the final economy passengers were boarding! Thankfully I had only my backpack. Good luck!!!

€83,-
I am / we are flying from Copenhagen, and to make matters worse; it includes arriving in T2 and checking in in T1
- I will not be taking bets, but it will be a narrow one ...
I have to watch it better next time around !!

thanx very much for the overview links...

Probably too late for you to read before your arrival at BCN ; there is a transfer bus from outside T2 that can take you to T1, though suggest that you are so tight for time that you take a taxi between the terminals. T1 is not huge, but the security search can take time...

Good luck !

And you will...
We darn well made it....
After having retrieved our luggage in T2 we ran to the bus and for the first time in Spain I was so happy that the driver took the pedal to the metal and drove like a madman on the circular road to T1, had a smooth security & luggage check in with hardly any queing and had effectively made it 15 to 20 minutes before we would have been blocked...

We dashed through the T2 which is where the rolling pavements were handy and shortly after we were happily boarding a brand new Airbus 320 with plenty legroom.
Am certain that the pilot drives an Alpha Romeo in his own time, becase he sue took that bird into the air ...
This cannot be recommended,however, and my midwife spouse had to run for it. Her knees complain today, luckily she knows how to spring into action from her job.
Lesson have been learned:
Of course you have to use the same operator on an two ticket journey and you have to study more clearly the details..

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back