• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Narrow margin changing flights in Barcelona Airport.

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Time of past OR future Camino
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
Help !

I have a problem that might be settled with a fast answer.
I have a flight coming tomorrow afternoog coming in 1 hour before the check in desk closes for the next flight to Seville.
This time it is entirely my own fault and this time I have my wife and a roller suitcase as company !!
The times when me and my rucksack gut dask through an airport post hast is over !!
I have to get off my first flight, get our luggage in collect area B, enter the airport area again and find gate B 47 in an hour !

Does ANYONE know the layout of Barcelona airport ( hard to find on the net, teerorism caution, I guess!)
There are some renovations done in teh airport, but I am confident that it will be on the ground floor.
As I recall from last year the ground floor has 4 moving pavement in a row to speed up matter, right ??

The only time In my life I am hoping for a belated departure... it was last year due to It breach of security all over Europe !

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
From where are you flying into Barcelona? It’s nit a huge airport but if you are having to change terminals or pass through customs/immigration, that’s a tight squeeze to make the new check-in (NOT departure!!!!) time.

If you can, change your incoming flight’s seat towards the front of the plane so at least you’ll get off ahead of most of the crowd - that can save you 10-15 minutes in deplaning as well as similar time in other security checks.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am / we are flying from Copenhagen, and to make matters worse; it includes arriving in T2 and checking in in T1
- I will not be taking bets, but it will be a narrow one ...
I have to watch it better next time around !!

thanx very much for the overview links...

Run, Stivandrer, run.

Arriving in T2 and checking in at T1, does that mean you have to go to the new terminal? The bus is right outside of the terminal but you have to go through security check again.

So, be ruthless and run.....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I’d send your wife ahead of you at each step of the process to secure a spot in whatever lines there may be. At worst, she makes the flight and you only have to buy one new (very expensive) ticket for the next flight to your destination.

On a positive note, flew through BCN twice last year and it was very efficiently ran with limited lines. đź‘Ť

It appears from the way you have described this that you are on two separate tickets, one from somewhere to Barcelona and then the next from Barcelona to Seville. I am also assuming that you are travelling within the Schengen zone and not having to do customs clearance. Is this so?

If you are not, and are ticketed to Seville with Barcelona as a transit, then the airline should handle the baggage transfer, and you should only have to get yourself to the new terminal.

This general rule breaks down with some budget carriers, so it will pay to confirm where your bags have been tagged to end up when you check in.

Put on your running shoes and grease the wheels on your suitcase! Last summer I flew from Nice to Manchester England with a change over in Barcelona. I was supposed to have 2 hours between flights, but the first flight left 1.5 hours late, and arrived at one end of the Barcelona airport with under half an hour to get to the connecting gate at the farthest other end! Signage and direction to the other gate was not very clear, and I had not checked the airport site because I was supposed to have plenty of time. I literally ran and arrived at the gate as the final economy passengers were boarding! Thankfully I had only my backpack. Good luck!!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am / we are flying from Copenhagen, and to make matters worse; it includes arriving in T2 and checking in in T1
- I will not be taking bets, but it will be a narrow one ...
I have to watch it better next time around !!

thanx very much for the overview links...

Probably too late for you to read before your arrival at BCN ; there is a transfer bus from outside T2 that can take you to T1, though suggest that you are so tight for time that you take a taxi between the terminals. T1 is not huge, but the security search can take time...

Good luck !

And you will...
We darn well made it....
After having retrieved our luggage in T2 we ran to the bus and for the first time in Spain I was so happy that the driver took the pedal to the metal and drove like a madman on the circular road to T1, had a smooth security & luggage check in with hardly any queing and had effectively made it 15 to 20 minutes before we would have been blocked...

We dashed through the T2 which is where the rolling pavements were handy and shortly after we were happily boarding a brand new Airbus 320 with plenty legroom.
Am certain that the pilot drives an Alpha Romeo in his own time, becase he sue took that bird into the air ...
This cannot be recommended,however, and my midwife spouse had to run for it. Her knees complain today, luckily she knows how to spring into action from her job.
Lesson have been learned:
Of course you have to use the same operator on an two ticket journey and you have to study more clearly the details..

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back