• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Neda Accommodation and Food.

gurua2

Hi all,
my wife and I are hoping to walk the Camino Ingles in May and we have our first night booked in El Ferrol. We would like to split the first stage to Pontedeume to ease our way into the walk so we are hoping to stay in Neda or somewhere near to it. We would prefer a hotel or B+B if possible and somewhere to get an evening meal. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Best wishes,
Philip

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Philip

Based on pilgrim recommendations this is what the guide says:

"Turn Left and go to the end of the road and turn Right again to access the shops, restaurants and Town Hall on the right for a sello in Narón. If you started your walk in Ferrol in the afternoon (which works well given present flight times from Stansted to Santiago, and bus times to Ferrol) then the Hotel Kensington here (tel. 981 387 326) is a good option for the night, with very reasonably priced pleasant rooms and a good menú del día, and they’ll give you a sello. The dining room has inspiring pictures of the other caminos in Galicia. From the centre of Narón, proceed straight along the main street. Cross the bridge which takes you over the Ría Xubia into Neda. After crossing you will see a waymark indicating a sharp Right turn along the river bank – which is a very pleasant walk past the albergue, from which you follow the route below along the river."

Best wishes

John

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back