Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Need a good/cheap hostel in Pamplona

Anthony371229

Year of past OR future Camino
May 2014
Hello Everyone:

I will be leaving for the Camino next week and plan to stay a night in Pamplona before heading over to St. Jean Pied de Port to start my walk on the Camino. I will be arriving by train from Madrid in the late afternoon and will need a hostel to stay the night. Does anyone have any recommendations that are not very far from the train station (within 1-2 km)? Also, can anyone recommend a cheap way to get to St. Jean on a Sunday? Any help/recommendation would be much appreciated.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
D

Deleted member 3000

8 Euro:

Albergue de Jesús y María

05-albergue-de-jesus-y-maria.jpg

Anthony371229

May 2014
Thanks for your reply. I won't technically be a pilgrim yet when I arrive in Pamplona because I won't have a pilgrim's passport yet?

And Is there any other way to get there via bus on a Sunday? The only bus looks like it leaves at 5:30pm... and I would like to leave much earlier. Any other ideas?

D

Deleted member 3000

Jesus y Maria will sell you the credencial, stamp it, and sell you a bed! So will Paderborn, which is a bit further from the train station. They are acquainted with pilgrims who start in Pamplona.

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

CaminoKris2013

(2014)
You could contact Corazon Puro who will pick you up from train station, drive you to their hostel and then drive you to SJPDP the next morning all for 46€ which includes dinner and breakfast.

Kris

Anthony371229

May 2014
That sounds like a pretty good deal. How do I contact "Corazon Puro" and does he speak English??? :) Cause my Spanish is pretty poor.

mspath

Veteran Member
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
That sounds like a pretty good deal. How do I contact "Corazon Puro" and does he speak English??? :) Cause my Spanish is pretty poor.

The hosts, Barbara and István, speak excellent English as well as Hungarian and are VERY helpful. Here is their web and contact.

MM

Last edited:

tpmchugh

Veteran Member
Dont know about rail station but the Hostel Hemingway is not far from the bus station. On the corner of Calle de Amaya and Calle Filipe Gorriti. Stayed there last March, would have no qualms about going back. Its very good

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances