Search 69,459 Camino Questions

need a guide?

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
I am just wondering whether this route (and the del Salvador too) are as well marked as the Frances. I would be happy to walk the Frances without a guidebook because there are so many waymarkers, but would it be prudent to download instructions for these routes? (I have done so for the Bazantes route and could easily do it for the others - but don't want to waste time doing that if I am never going to need to refer to it)

I already have the gronze maps and elevations (and a spreadsheet with albergues, food options etc) - would they be sufficient for planning?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The primitive is quite well marked, so you don't need a step-by-step guide for it.
But it's not the camino Frances, where you have a mark every 10 meters :D

The local alberges (especially in Oviedo), do have some small guides though, which helped me find the way again, on the rare occasions I came off track...

Agree that the Primitivo is well marked and you do not need a guide to follow the trail. However unlike the Frances, established pueblos with albergues and other amenities are more sparse. Consequently some sort of map may be useful to maintain an awareness of distances to stopping points or other daily destinations.

As an aside, the English language is far less spoken and understood than on the Frances. This should not be a deterent for anyone, as you can certainly get by without knowing Spanish. Just if it comes to asking directions or that sort of thing it may become more of a challenge.

For additional comments see similar thread below:
camino-primitivo/topic15968.html

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.