A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

LIVE from the Camino Need an alberque tomorrow leaving Asson near Lourdes.

Camino Badges
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(15,16,18)CheminduPuy(16) Portuguese(16 VDLP(17)Primitivo(17)Ireland-3000K(18) Norte18Vasco17
Need some help. Lost my paper listing. Can anybody recommend an albergue for tomorrow Tuesday; leaving Asson heading towards Oloron where I will stay on Wednesday.

Thanks

Via2010

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
Hi Kevin,

I had made a plan for this section last September (though I have not walked it yet). There is accomodation at Arudy:
Arudyparish accomodation

+ L'auberge du caviste, gite 15 €, 11 places,+33 5 33 11 15 74 (a bit outside the village)

I hope this helps

BC
Alexandra

WineShoppe Guy

John Morritt
Camino(s) past & future
(2013)-SJPP to SdC
(2014)-SJPP to Burgos
(2015)-Burgos to Leon
(2016)- Leon to Finesterre
I have just discovered GRONZE App. You may find it very helpfull

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
Arudy -- one of the best on the whole Camino.

Via2010

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
@ wineshoppeguy: Gronze is excellent considering the Caminos in Spain, but Kevin is in France, between Lourdes and Somport. For France this page may be useful: Albergues in France - Au coeur du chemin

Kat Kostrzewska

Online guide https://caminodesantiagobybike.co.uk
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2018), Via Tolosana (2012) Camino Norte (2014)
I hope that you found your accommodation last night. Anyway tonight you are going to stay in lovely albergue with garden in Oloron. If you like quality cheese there is a cheese/wine shop next to the albergue that sells local products (100-200 meters away). Shop is at the main street as you walk towards the center/cathedral.

I have never eaten so good Ossau-Iraty (sheep cheese from the area) in my life. The selection was so good that I run back to the shop half an hour later. Surly I was not the first one, as the owner just smiled. Wine is not bad either;)

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Camino(s) past & future
2019 Biarritz-Pamplona-Lourdes
2018 Aragon/Frances/Finis
2018 Operation Sabre
2018 Marin Ramble
Bronze.com cover some French routes also.

Via2010

Camino(s) past & future
Bronze.com cover some French routes also.
You certainly refer to "Gronze.com". But so far they cover only the "Le-Puy-Route" and the "Arles-Route" (also known as "Via Tolosana").

Gronze for France

If you want to know more about the route from Lourdes to Oloron-Ste. Marie you have to use the French page I mentioned.

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Camino(s) past & future
2019 Biarritz-Pamplona-Lourdes
2018 Aragon/Frances/Finis
2018 Operation Sabre
2018 Marin Ramble
Gronze.com DOES cover the route from Lourdes to Oloron under the trail name “Piamonte” - I know this for a fact since I walked it using that site a few months ago!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%