• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Need booking to SJPP ?

chempark

I'm planning to arrive at Biarittz airport at noon, 03Aug. (first time Camino for me)

Q1. Is it easy to get to SJPP? Does I need to reserve train/bus ticket?

Q2. I think I stay one night at SJPP, and start Camino the next morning. Does I have to book hotel or motel there? Or Is it okay to go to albergue(if any) without reservation?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
chempark,

Welcome to the Forum!

From Biarritz aeroport (Anglet) take a Chronopost bus to the BAYONNE railroad station (Gare SNCF BAYONNE). Buses leave every 20 minutes throughout the day; travel time is roughly 45 minutes.

At the BAYONNE station take the line 62 TER train to SJPdP. There are NO reserved seats for the TER train; seating is open as on a tram or metro. The cost to SJPdP from Bayonne is about 10 euros. SJPdP is the last stop; journey time roughly 1 1/2 hours. The TER train also transports bikes.

In SJPdP go to the pilgrim office of the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle .They can provide you with a Credential and lodging assistance. Their volunteers help run the municipal albergue at 55 rue de la Citadelle, but they do NOT take reservations. If the municipal albergue is full they will help you find other pilgrim lodgings when you are on site. They keep up to the minute lists of available space throughout the SJPdP area.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

I'm planning to arrive at Biarittz airport at noon, 03Aug. (first time Camino for me)

Q2. I think I stay one night at SJPP, and start Camino the next morning. Does I have to book hotel or motel there? Or Is it okay to go to albergue(if any) without reservation?
Hi chempark,

I am sure you will find a thread here regarding Biaritz to SJPDP you may strike lucky and share a taxi if you advertise the fact.
As far as reservation in SJPDP do it if only for peace of mind. Try L'ESPRIT DU CHEMIN directly opposite the pilgrims office where you can pick up your credential. Very important document for staying in Albergues.

Buen Camino and have fun..................Keith.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Hi - I agree with Keith about peace of mind as I would think it might be busy then. I booked online into Gite Ultreia, and it was comfortable and the owners nice. Have a great trip. Buen camino - Cherry www.ultreia64.fr/en/‎

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
There is a thread about sharing taxis. Also look at Express Bouricott site for available shares. They try hard to infill taxis and often the individual cost is 16/24 euros. The taxi takes about an hour. The Esprit du Chemin albergue also has a place to share taxis.
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back