• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Need help asap finding new water bladder in Madrid

Lhollo

Time of past OR future Camino
CF pt2, Belorado to Sarria, May 21 – June 12, 2022
My partner’s 2L water bladder has sprung a leak. We’re in Madrid, ahead of getting the 3pm bus from here to Belorado to start walking from tomorrow.

Where is the best place to buy a new bladder in central Madrid? We’re currently by the Puerta del Sol.

I can see there’s a Decathlon north of Gran Via but I’ve never actually been inside one and don’t want to spend time going in the wrong direction. Is that the best place, or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My partner’s 2L water bladder has sprung a leak. We’re in Madrid, ahead of getting the 3pm bus from here to Belorado to start walking from tomorrow.

Where is the best place to buy a new bladder in central Madrid? We’re currently by the Puerta del Sol.

I can see there’s a Decathlon north of Gran Via but I’ve never actually been inside one and don’t want to spend time going in the wrong direction. Is that the best place, or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Just curious as to the brand of the hydration reservoir? Both the old one and the new one?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I’m glad you got sorted so quickly, but I also think you should be reassured that 99% of the time on the Frances you will have access to lots of fresh water. With the exception of the Meseta, where we slipped up badly.

Just curious as to the brand of the hydration reservoir? Both the old one and the new one?
The old one was a Platypus. I bought it in 2008 but stored it well for years. It only received its first use in 2018. It sprung a leak in the seam toward the bottom. The replacement from Decathlon is this Bolsa 2L one (link edited so it now works!). He’s actually finding it better than the Platypus so far.

The old one was a Platypus. I bought it in 2008 but stored it well for years. It only received its first use in 2018. It sprung a leak in the seam toward the bottom. The replacement from Decathlon is this Bolsa 2L one (link edited so it now works!). He’s actually finding it better than the Platypus so far.

It served a long an productive life. . . .The King is dead, long live the King :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.