• Some parts of the forum is not leading as it should. We are working on it.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Need help fundraising camino

dcahalin

I'm a college senior expected to graduate in May and pursuing higher education. I'm sure that many of you have funded your pilgrimages yourselves, which is amazing and noteworthy. I know that I can afford a good portion of the pilgrimage, but not all of it. With higher education in my future and loans to pay off, I know that this summer is probably my only opportunity for quite some time to embark on a journey, and I know in my heart that this is the journey that I want to be my last before I head out into the world of graduate school and work. If anyone can find it in their hearts to help my cause, please know that it will not go unappreciated.

Thank you so much for your time and for reading my story.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Dare I say that most pilgrims work and save up the necessary funds to undertake their walk.........

Last year I met a woman who did the Camino as part of her dissertation. She paid part and the college paid part.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sojourner47 said:
Dare I say that most pilgrims work and save up the necessary funds to undertake their walk.........
I endorse that, Sojourner!
I suggest dcahalin that you either take on part time jobs to meet your expenses, or wait until the correct opportunity presents itself! After all, you are very young, so have all the years in front of you! Anne

We have many members and posters on these forums who express the difficulty in gathering the funds for a Camino. Most are finding ways to get the funds together and/or waiting until they can make the Pilgrimage.
I don't recall seeing a post asking for money at anytime in the past.
I would be particularly concerned that this is a "first" post on the forum.

Hi - how much do you need? Say 1,000 dollars? (you are in America?) - design and print some handbills saying what you are doing and why, get yourself a bucket and sponge and so on and clean cars on campus and in your neighbourhood for 5$ each. 200 cars = 1,000$

Job done.

Buen Camino :wink:

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Re: Need help camino

David said:
Hi - how much do you need? Say 1,000 dollars? (you are in America?) - design and print some handbills saying what you are doing and why, get yourself a bucket and sponge and so on and clean cars on campus and in your neighbourhood for 5$ each. 200 cars = 1,000$

Job done.

Buen Camino :wink:

Careful, Careful he might get real busy making too much money & wont have time to go,
that's what happens when you start a business :lol: :lol:

Good Luck

Hi guys
I didn't mean to offend anyone by asking for a donation, and in fact i deleted the page. I have a job and have just over half of what i need and i do have time to save up for it, i was just googling around ways to earn money quickly and fundraise and that website was one of the suggested ideas. I know if it's meant to be i'll get there somehow, i just thought that maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask around.
Thanks everyone.

The Camino has been there for hundreds of years. It'll still be there when you've saved up enough. I can understand your impatience to start (I'd go tomorrow if I had the time and money) but just remember it'll just be all the more special for you when you do make it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you want to walk, the money will come in.

When I was ready to walk the first time, I went through all my belongings and had a yard sale to sell all my excess. If I had not used it or worn it in one year, it went into the sale. If it wasn't something I LOVED to look at or own, it went into the sale.

I REALLY made it known to the Powers That Be that I WANTED to walk this pilgrimage.

At that sale, a man asked me, "Why are you selling everything?"

I told him "I am going on a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela."

He said, "How fascinating! ! ! I would like to ask you to pray for me... here is $30 toward your trip...please carry my prayers to Santiago." He wrote out his request and handed me a check. At first I was embarrassed to take it, but he reminded me that there was no way he could do this himself and that people had been carrying prayers for others for always...

That was my first donation.

I let it be known that I would carry prayers to Santiago.
Every day I would spend time meditating on each person's problem as well as carrying their handwritten prayers or requests.

For my Christian friends, I carried prayers and put them at the Cathedral.
For my pagan friends, I carried prayers and burned them at Finisterra.

I was careful to make these prayers a priority each day, and it became a very important part of my walking.

I'm telling you this just so you know that this is an option.

I know another couple who held a benefit for their trip.
A friend's band played... people brought potluck... and donations were given.
There were tarot readers, various types of entertainment, and some drawings for donated "prizes."

So use your imagination.
If you want to go bad enough, the money will come.

By the way, I never found out if the man's problems were solved as he was a stranger.
But one lady who couldn't conceive now has two healthy sons.
The one man who wanted to know his beloved pet would pass easily and a new one would come now has a cute new puppy friend.
And the people who needed to find "the perfect house" are now enjoying it!
There were others, and all those prayers appear to have been answered.

Good luck, pilgrim!

Back