• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Need help guys ASAP - feet question

caminoforme86

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances October 2013 - December 2013
Ok so flew to Paris yesterday, tired so didn't do anything last night, today woke ready and keen to see the sights, 1hr 30 into my walking I noticed something different about my feet, they were hurting and rubbing.

To my horror....and this is just so unbelievably stupid I have left my smart feet insoles at home. I can not believe this myself, I walked to find a decathalon and found myself a pair of shock absorber insoles they are gel ones as I couldn't find hard ones like my others at home, first hour I thought they did the job but a few hours in I was and I am embarrassed to say this almost hobbling in pain, hot spots right across my heels felt like feet were in an oven. Blister on top of pinky.

I know this can't be my boots as with my insoles last week I walked about 4 hours with my 10kg pack and nothing apart from some slight rubbing at back of heel.

I am due to travel to SJPdP tomorrow but already terrified about what my feet will feel like tomorrow.

Is it the change to gel soles? Not absorbing the sweat? I have smart wool liner and PhD socks and have 3 liners with me so can afford to change often.

Any advice people and yes it's just bloody typical to leave home without what I feel is the most important piece of my kit. The camino has well and truly thrown its first curve ball at me.

My mood was low for the whole day & for my first visit to Paris well I can actually say I didn't enjoy it :(

Would you suggest I put off walking until the 31st? I could find a room in SJPdP on 29th and check in as a pilgrim on the 30th. As I said any suggestions.

Im now in my hostel room since7pm drinking lots of water to keep myself hydrated & give the blisters the best chance to heal.

Just how stupid of me not to check of popped them back in before taking out the door...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
First of all - Stop panicking and calm down! Nothing happens without a reason! Yes, pop the blisters, but in no case remove the skin covering them! If you feel brave, fill them after popping them, with iodine (if you are NOT allergic to iodine NOR have any thyroid problems - that should seal them). Put a pad (sterile compress over them to 'glue the skin back to the flesh').
Make it to SJPdP and see how you feel.
Walk the first day only to Orrison or Huntto.
Cream your feet well in the morning (don't take a morning shower as this makes your skin only more prone to develop blisters!).
Wear two pairs of socks.
Try different ways to tie your boots.
Take your time.
Stop panicking.
Buen Camino! SY

PS Did I mention 'Stop Panicking' ?;-)

I did that mistake in Seville... I needed a 4-day break in Merida (on the Via de la Plata) after a hospital visit.... Not a good start, but take it very easy (short distances) in the beginning, as SYates advices. And yes, double socks on your feet. I used very thin socks (i think women call them "steps") as my inner socks. Talkum powder on your feet each morning may ease the moisture. Special sports socks with reinforcement on heels and in toe areas worked very well for me as outer socks.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
... Talkum powder on your feet each morning may ease the moisture....

I agree with everything else what you wrote, sorry, but not this one. Talkum powder can clump when moisture is present and rub your skin wound, especially between the toes. SY

Oooppss, you are right! Maybe vaseline would work better? Have seen many pilgrims grease their feet in the morning, but don't know if it's working well.

Oooppss, you are right! Maybe vaseline would work better? Have seen many pilgrims grease their feet in the morning, but don't know if it's working well.
Yes, any fat-based cream will help to reduce the friction that causes blisters. Next challenge is to reduce the pressure that causes blisters. Rule of thumb: Blisters are a reaction of your body to get rid off / cushion off friction / pressure - you need to reduce them so that your body doesn't feel the need to resort to these emergency measures. SY

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sorry to hear your problem Kathryn
It's the kind of thing I fear having gone through my list 100 times!

I saw this YouTube video about best lace tying
I was sceptical, but made a small change from how I had been tying my boots
Previously comfortable with a minor niggle on tongue of boot
Now .... Huge difference ... I hardly know I'm wearing the boots, they feel like an extension of the foot, and are probably more comfortable than my regular day shoe.

Check it out - May help -

Good luck with recovery - you'll triumph

Tim

Just a thought
Can you get someone to post or courier your insoles out to you ?

If you need something from UK, I'd be happy to bring it out.
I plan to get to SJPP on 3rd nov, walking 4th probably.

Tim

Real talcum powder won't clump. The cheaper ones use cornflour instead of real talcum and these are the one that clump. Check the contents.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
All above is excellent advice and will help you. If you follow it to get you through the first few days you will find that your feet will harden and you will be fine. Can't speak too highly of Compeed blister plasters which are available everywhere on the continent, they protect and allow healing. I really only find the medium size worthwhile and have never ever seen large which is curious. Don't forget that they need hand warmth to set them on properly and don't remove them - wait for them to drop off - otherwise you'll rip off spectacular amounts of skin!

Good Luck.
Ultreïa

Hi guys,

My parents did offer to send them out but I wasn't sure where I would be along the way so wasn't sure.

I definitely think it's the insoles I think my foot lies higher so now nowhere for my toe, also I changed the laces just before I left as my Scarpa ones were near done, so I am probably tying in a different way also.

Also I was walking around 11 hours around Paris yesterday and I should have known to take a change of socks.

When I took the new shock absorber soles out last night they were wet so again I think it's because the moisture has no where to go.

Thanks for all the Advice, I thought I got away with only hotspots on my heels bit two blisters on each ankle have formed.
Still need to find my people also...another thing I forgot to take from my room as I was leaving.

For being someone who makes countless plans and checklists this has gone wrong!

Thankfully I took plenty compeed with me and put two on last night, the pinky toe blister is uncovered as couldn't get it to stick. Will try again with lots of warmth before hand.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
OK. This will sound strange but I learned it on the Camino and it worked.
When you mentioned the moisture on the insoles, I knew exactly your problem and will recommend a solution that worked beautifully for me.

Go to the local pharmacy and by a CHEAP package of sanitary napkins. The ones with the adhesive that runs down the middle. They are cheap because they are old school - really puffy, not the nice almost invisible ones. You want the cheap ones because you want them to be real puffy. :oops:
Take off the adhesive strip and put one in each shoe on the insole so it sticks to your boot.
The napkin will absorb moisture and will conform to the shape of your foot. It will provide cushioning.
It will last about 3 days, then you can change it for new ones.
I learned of this trick on the Camino and it worked so well!! I use it still here at home. I advised a guy I met on the Camino who had blister problems - poor thing, he had no idea what to do with the pad (LOL). :rolleyes:

I also very much agree with those who recommend loosening your boot laces completely and carefully retying them, using different lacing "structures." Really take your time doing this and don't be afraid to stop every few minutes to redo them until they are comfortable. The time you take in the beginning will pay off big time by saving you time in the long run.

Keep your feet clean and don't overdo your initial mileage. Be kind to your feet - they are your most valuable piece of equipment.
Don't worry, you're in for a great adventure.
Buen Camino.
Kathy

A word of caution regarding the "squish" factor:
You must pay attention to how much "stuff" you are stuffing into your boots. Adding socks (especially thick, cushioned socks), insoles and sanitary pads to the inside of your boots will squish your toes and inevitably lead to blisters. There should be room for your toes to wiggle and your foot shouldn't be jammed against the top or the sides of your boot. I had to change my insoles to a pair of lesser volume than the first ones I had, and I wore only one pair of socks (no liners). This eliminated the little blisters on my toes.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Here's what I did, although I freely admit that it may not work for everyone. We used our training walks not only to build up our strength and stamina, but also to evaluate different combinations of socks and liners. That won't be possible for you now that you've already started, but at least you can try a few different combinations over the course of your first few days. I ended up using ladies nylon anklets as a liner, in combination with medium-weight merino wool hiking socks (I used both Smartwool and Powersox brands). My wife discovered during training that merino wool was causing heat rash on her ankles, so she switched to Wigwam synthetic socks, which she wore for the entire six-week walk. She did not use liners. Each morning, prior to putting on our socks, we liberally applied a product called Gold Bond Friction Defense <http://www.goldbond.com/friction-defense.html> to our feet. It applies from a push-up container like an underarm deodorant. I'm not aware if Friction Defense is available outside the US and Canada, but I'm sure there must be a European equivalent. Neither of us had a single blister during the entire Camino using this combination, although we both had ONE case of hot spots -- mine on a toe and hers on heel heel, which we addressed immediately with Second Skin. Also, for some reason I have an almost continual hot spot on the ball of one of my feet whenever I hike or walk for long distances, so while on the Camino I just put a patch of duct tape over that area to prevent a blister from developing at that location.

Another thing to be aware of is getting out of your boots as quickly as possible once we reach your daily overnight stopping place -- albergue or hostal -- and putting on your "evening shoes"; i.e. flip-flops or sandals. This lets your boots air out and gives your feet a rest from those hours of confinement.

Buen Camino,
Jim

Smart feet insoles are like arch supports ... they will cause your feet to sit differently in the shoe than they would with soft insoles. Further, the smart feet insoles keep the sole of your shoe much stiffer than it would be without. So now your shoes don't fit.

Choices as I see it are:
-get a pair of smart feet insoles whether through purchase or by courier;
-get another pair of shoes; or,
-live with blisters for 800 km.

You can get sleeves intended to protect blistered toes from the pharmacy. They look like plastic tubes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I ended up using ladies nylon anklets as a liner, in combination with medium-weight merino wool hiking socks (I used both Smartwool and Powersox brands). ...It applies from a push-up container like an underarm deodorant.

Not sure what I would look like using ladies nylons and push-up (whatever that is...) on the camino... I get really bad images.
But agree: Nylon socks as inner linings do work.

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone is using the " Injinji toe socks " for liners …… I have these and walk in them when on my daily walk… on Camino will have another sock over top… I am hoping they will stop any rubbing on toes as they fit on the toes the same way as gloves on fingers……

Anyone used on Camino ??

You can get sleeves intended to protect blistered toes from the pharmacy. They look like plastic tubes.
These tubes come in different widths according to the size of your toes. There is a mesh/web on the outside and inside its a sort of gel. You cut the tube in the necessary length to slip on your toe. You can get about 4 or 5 pieces out of one tube. I've been using them for years. Put them on from day one. Don't wait for an eventual blister to form. They also prevent the rubbing of two toes together ( my case, because of bunions)! Worth their weight in gold! Anne

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just wondering if anyone is using the " Injinji toe socks " for liners …… I have these and walk in them when on my daily walk… on Camino will have another sock over top… I am hoping they will stop any rubbing on toes as they fit on the toes the same way as gloves on fingers……

Anyone used on Camino ??
I too am interested in hearing about this. I use regular Injinji toe socks and Vibram 5 Finger shoes for walking and running. Since I'll be having a backpack on the camino, I will be using my boots. I did fine last year on the CF with a combo of liner socks and wool socks. However, I plan on using the Injinji liner socks (thinner than regular Injinji socks) and wool socks when I walk next year. I like the feeling of having my toes separated from each other... Buen camino. -Hieu

Thanks Anna .. I am not sure if they are in Australia but shall look.

Hieu … I l also like the feel of the injinji liners … so far….. have not used them on long hike as yet

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Anyone used on Camino ??

Hello Annie, I've used a few different models of Injinji socks. I think they are great for what you're describing, but leave a lot to be desired in regards to durability. They definitely protect the toes from rubbing and prevent any moisture buildup that could lead to blistering or skin irritation. I used mine for trail running and summer/fall hiking. The 'original weight' tend to last no more than 100 miles for me, and the 'medium weight' deteriorated around 50 miles. Not very good for a $10-$15 pair of socks. I've since switched over to Drymax, and have no complaints. I bought three pairs for my Camino in 2012 and am still using them to this day, I've put at least 500 miles on each pair. This is just my experience, but monitor the wear on your Injinjis after your daily walks.

Smart feet insoles are like arch supports ... they will cause your feet to sit differently in the shoe than they would with soft insoles. Further, the smart feet insoles keep the sole of your shoe much stiffer than it would be without. So now your shoes don't fit.

Choices as I see it are:

Hi,
Sorry for only replying now, been a busy old day crossing the Pyrenees but minus the pain in the feet an enjoyable one.

Thank you for your reply, it stood out the most, and I think this is exactly where my problem is, my foot is either lying lower or higher than before and causing this pain, on both heels now I have blisters I think because my heel has never rubbed the material of the boot there before, I changed socks 3 times today but i wonder if maybe tomorrow I will try different sock combo.

I didn't look into getting the soles sent out as hoping in Pamplona I will find new smart feet soles.

In the meantime thank you all for your input.

Night time now, another big day ahead.

Thanks from Kathryn :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
So sorry to hear of your blisters and feet problems so early in your trip.
I had blisters in the first week during my 2006 walk, and in the third week during my 2010 walk. Not a hint of a blister in 2004 when I sprinkled my feet liberally with Gold Bond foot powder every morning.

2006 I took 3 days off walking and bought new cotton atheletic socks. My blisters dried up without ripping.
2010 The cumulative advice was to get new running shoes (trainers) and mail my boots home. Once again my blisters dried up.

You are doing a Camino late in the season so you can expect snow and cold rain... You will need your boots.
I, like others before me, recommend experimenting with different socks... It isn't too expensive. Not too bulky or heavy to add to your pack. You have Pamplona and Logrono in the first week to hunt for socks.

Many pilgrims swear by rubbing their feet in the morning with vaseline (petroleum jelly). Haven't tried it myself but you can give it a try. Did rub my feet daily with castor oil when I was in my teens.

Take a day off if you need to. Once in a while you will find an albergue with a fireplace. Sit in front of the fire for a day reading a book. Avoid if possible taking a bus. It steals away from the sense of accomplishment.

Buen Camino
David, Victoria, Canada

' Avoid if possible taking a bus. It steals away from the sense of accomplishment'

Not necessarily, if it helps at the time and you need a rest day, then personally, taking a bus may offer you a much needed rest whilst also helping you feel you are making progress. Especially along busy roads or through industrial suburbs which can be demoralising.

Of course, if it is important for you to know that you have walked every step, however painful, then no bus!
Ps hitching a lift can be a great way of meeting kind local people......

May i make a simple suggestion?

For what it is worth, drop by the nearest chemist on the camino path and let the chemist have a look. She might be able to make a decent suggestion. You have listened to many experienced peregrinos who have solutions for your problem. But what works for one does not necessarily works for another.

I wish you a buen camino and hopefully you will find a solution to your blister problem.

Last edited:
Both my heel blisters have opened up and ripped, the area of the blisters seems to be getting bigger also, so i find myself with a bit of a problem.

I am in Pamplona right now but all pharmacies are shut due to All Saints day. Do you now if you can stay two nights in an albergue? I want so badly to walk tomorrow but I think it would be wrong move with how my blisters are.

I've discovered it is the insoles causing the problem as when I take them out it takes the pressure off the heel. I think if I had kept wearing the superfeet ones back home the same would have happened.

If they wont let you stay the next town, Cizur Menor, is very close, and if you go to the second albergue the lady of the house loves minding feet and gives sound advise so maybe going wouldn't be a bad thing...

it is kind of in the corner behind a garden wall opposite the pharmacy and bar

Have you tried applying a anti friction cream/stick/lubricant of some type like Compeed? I applied it religiously every morning before I put my socks on, it mitigated the mild blisters I had and prevented them from getting worse.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The albergue will likely allow you to stay another night. Usually that means you can leave your bag but you must be out the door for the day till they open later in the day.

The albergue Pieces is recommending is closed in November.

Both my heel blisters have opened up and ripped, the area of the blisters seems to be getting bigger also, so i find myself with a bit of a problem.

I am in Pamplona right now but all pharmacies are shut due to All Saints day. Do you now if you can stay two nights in an albergue? I want so badly to walk tomorrow but I think it would be wrong move with how my blisters are.

I've discovered it is the insoles causing the problem as when I take them out it takes the pressure off the heel. I think if I had kept wearing the superfeet ones back home the same would have happened.

Most of the municipal albergue will let you stay extra nights if you have medical issues. However as mentioned previously you might be asked to vacate the albergue during the cleaning of the albergue. Ask politely of the hospitaleros whether they will let you rest in bed due to your blisters.

Good luck to you. Also they should be at least a duty chemist opened in a town the size of pamplona. Also as you are an eec national and i assume you have an ehic, drop by the government hospital to see a doctor. You should not be charged for any fees. Hope you will recovered soon to continue your camino. Good luck and god bless.

oohh hadn't thought they would be closed, shame :-/

In any instance maybe in pamplona go shopping for a pair of new shoes (not boots) trailrunners and the like are reputed to give less problems with blisters initially. At another time of year I would have suggested you shipped the boots home, but I realise the weather may get bad in the next month so I am torn. From your description though I don't get the impression that the boot problem is really going to get any better fast, but I may be wrong.

Maybe go to the Pilgrim store there and they have good suggestions for you

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If the blisters have opened up & are getting bigger, don't fool around,see a pharmacist or physician,let them prescribe what is best for you..............hope it goes well........:).........keep smiling...........Vicrev

Hi,

Just an update on how I am. Yesterday and today I stayed over in Pamplona & went to a few pharmacies but they recommend I go to the hospital emergency room. So I've gone there today and been patched up. Both heels in pretty bad shape. They have used a silver dressing to keep them dry & foam & covered with tape dressing to keep secure. No showers or walks for the next few days.

The albergue is letting me stay until I am better but they have taken a copy of the discharge letter from the hospital as without this they were not to happy for me to stay on. I am going back to a health centre on Monday morning to see if I am well enough to walk on.

So all being good I should be on the road again on Tuesday taking things very easy & slow. Which will mean I wont probably have time to walk to Finisterre as planned but ok for finishing Santiago for my flight out on 10th December.ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1383405992.503315.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1383406007.810933.jpg

Thank you so much for all your help. I am now resting in Pamplona. Still have the camino spirit with me. Sad to see people that I have met move on without me but excited to meet the new pilgrims that will arrive.

Stay strong Kathryn - you'll make it.
Good you got help now rather than further deterioration.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks, did you start already Tim?

Maybe end up seeing you on the road.

This won't help Kathryn, but may help others. I swear by 'Hikers Wool'. It is cleaned and combed sheep wool that you put on BEFORE you walk (what I do) or as soon as you feel a hot spot. I pull off a small bit, wrap it around my little, the next and middle toes and put my socks over it. Others put small pads of it under the ball of the foot and behind the heel. The lanolin in the wool works to reduce friction. At the end of the day it is 'felted' and is thrown away (although a friend used it for a couple of days). It is bulky but light to carry. I never had a blister when using the wool.

Kathryn. Been following your thread and so sorry to see you are having such a hard time. But don't be discouraged. Just take it very slow. Relieved that you went to get them looked at. Last thing you would have needed is an infection to boot. So when you are ready, push on.
You can do this!
Ultreya!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Choices as I see it are:

Let me rephrase this: As I see it from the photos you posted your choices are to get another pair of shoes.

Trailrunners or boots will work ... The critical factor is that they fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had similair problems in the past. My solution was to buy another pair of shoes (Meindl MFS), Xsocks and taped my heels before leaving. I learned that a perfect shoe for me was a simple
calculation: Actual size +1. At every stop I also took off my shoes so my feet could cool down and that felt just great. Enjoy your stay and learnings during your trip, Buen Camino!

€149,-
After looking at the pics you posted, the only things that comes to my mind are - slow down and take the Camino slowly step by step -if you don't arrive in Santiago this year - so what? You will arrive when you - and your feet - are ready for it. Buen Camino Peregrina - and remember there are no minimum kilometres you have to do on the Camino. If you only do a few per day - so what??? Take care and Buen Camino! SY

""""Still have the camino spirit with me. Sad to see people that I have met move on without me but excited to meet the new pilgrims that will arrive. """"" That spirit will help you a lot :) Good on you :)

I agree with others: get new shoes, take your time and reduce the daily kms.

Re sheeps wool……while I also am an advocate and have used it on hikes in the past….. my understanding is that it should NOT be used where there is an open wound as it has potential to infect…… on intact skin it is perfectly fine and very helpful

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Lise T you used the word "tramp"…. are you are kiwi :) ?? ……. I first found the wool while hiking Milford and Queen Charlotte…… Love the South Island especially

Now .... Huge difference ... I hardly know I'm wearing the boots, they feel like an extension of the foot, and are probably more comfortable than my regular day shoe.

Tim
I watched the video last night ,went on a 10 mile hike this morning and it made all the difference in the world. I have changed out 3 pairs of shoes trying to get the right fit. Thanks for the video.

Hello, I have read some of the advice and comments re your feet. My advice is in relation to your Backpack consider getting it transported for a few days till your feeling better it will make a huge difference.

I was in a similar position just over 2 years ago, (Referred to Leon Hospital by doctor etc) got bag carried a few days, it helped me recover. I just used a plastic carrier bag for food, water and first aid.

In last few years I have gone on to walk many thousand km without feet problems, they harden up.

Good luck and take it easy.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A word of caution regarding the "squish" factor:
You must pay attention to how much "stuff" you are stuffing into your boots. Adding socks (especially thick, cushioned socks), insoles and sanitary pads to the inside of your boots will squish your toes and inevitably lead to blisters. There should be room for your toes to wiggle and your foot shouldn't be jammed against the top or the sides of your boot. I had to change my insoles to a pair of lesser volume than the first ones I had, and I wore only one pair of socks (no liners). This eliminated the little blisters on my toes.
Definitely don't "squish" your toes/feet in your boots. I couldn't agree more. My suggestion puts the padding under your arches, leaving your toes with the same amount of space to "breath." My foot is wide, one reason why I wear a men's boot rather than a women's. I still had to loosen the laces in the front to keep the boot from being too tight around the widest part of my foot. Also, the pads in your shoes are there mainly to soak up moisture (am I getting too gross?). After 3 days of walking, there isn't much cushioning left but they'll keep you feet drier than without them.
I also agree about using socks that are too thick and "heavy." Personally, I used sock liners and a pair of hiking sock, but not heavy ones like Thorlo (too thick for me).
Follow your doctor's advice, take it easy. Remember, you want to be in it for the long haul.
Buen Camino

Not sure what I would look like using ladies nylons and push-up (whatever that is...) on the camino... I get really bad images.
But agree: Nylon socks as inner linings do work.
I had the same picture in my mind when I first read about using the nylon anklets, then I read where the Army rangers and Marines use them in the mideast so I figured they were "manly" enough ;). They really worked for me -- very thin and lightweight so I hardly knew they were on. They wicked well and provided the necessary second layer for relief from friction. Many of the more conventional polyester liners add enough thickness that your boots can feel tight as your feet warm up.

Jim

This won't help Kathryn, but may help others. I swear by 'Hikers Wool'. It is cleaned and combed sheep wool that you put on BEFORE you walk (what I do) or as soon as you feel a hot spot. I pull off a small bit, wrap it around my little, the next and middle toes and put my socks over it. Others put small pads of it under the ball of the foot and behind the heel. The lanolin in the wool works to reduce friction. At the end of the day it is 'felted' and is thrown away (although a friend used it for a couple of days). It is bulky but light to carry. I never had a blister when using the wool.

Totally agree with you about Hikers wool. I haven't had a blister since I used it. Easy to buy on the Internet direct from the supplier in NZ. And VERY light to carry.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Totally agree with you about Hikers wool. I haven't had a blister since I use it. Easy to but on the Internet direct from the supplier in NZ.
Yes, I have just ordered a couple of large packs in preparation for our Camino next year - it is part of my 'ritual' of walking - wrap the wool in places that are prone to rubbing, pull on my socks, carefully tie boots and off I go...

Tim
Great video....good advice! Thanks J

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...
We are leaving to do the whole Camino Frances in a week. I have two corns on my right foot that are becoming very painful - I have had them for years with little issue but over the last month with...
I’ve been trying to decide on a fitness regime in preparation for the Camino, but upon reviewing this board, YouTube, etc, there’s an overwhelming array of suggestions and programs, but I’m less...
I am a CPAP user, and would need to bring my machine as I need it at night during the Camino. I have a regular size Resmed (without the water chamber). My plan is - to pack it in the CPAP...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.