Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Need help on how to leave Puente de Domingo Flórez on Invierno

peregrina2000

Staff member
I know that the route was substantially changed since I walked in 2010. Here is how I have reconstructed the instructions for the guide. If you have walked the Invierno recently, will you tell me if these instructions are consistent with your memory? Thanks, Laurie

Continue on Calle Chao de Marco. When it ends, go left onto Calle Aceso Quereño, and cross the bridge. You are now in Galicia, in the little town of Quereño. The Camino makes a big looping upside down U, and you then will make a relatively sharp right up a hill to cross the tracks. There is frequently a loud barking dog (on a chain that takes him to the very edge of the owner’s property) and if you are startled, you may continue straight rather than take the required right turn. You will then weave around a bit, until you eventually cross over the RR tracks (thus putting you between the tracks and the river), only to cross back over them about a km later.

At this point the Camino stays on the “land side” rather than the “river side” of the tracks, although in earlier years the Camino took you on the side closer to the river. You may see arrows on the other side of the tracks if you are looking closely, but you should ignore them.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back