• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Need help with bus tickets

Julia en las flores

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues- May (2018)
Start in Porto with Spiritual Variant
I was going through Rome 2 Rio to plan how to get from the Lisbon airport to Fatima on May 8th and then to Fatima to Porto on May 11th. The bus routes seem like the way to go but even though the Ouibus leaves hourly from Lisbon to Fatima and the Rede Expressos leaves every 30 minutes there don't seem to be any tickets to buy on either site. I am having the same problem with the Fatima to Porto route for May 11th. So I'm thinking I may be doing something wrong.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Julia, the Rede Expressos site works fine for me. I just checked Fatima to Porto on 11 May, and a whole list of options show up for EUR 17.10.

One problem that I've noticed on the site is that if you type the place name into the departure/destination fields, it partially covers the place name. You need to look carefully to see it, then select it, and a list of departure times shows up at the bottom of your screen. Another possibility is that the selected dates weren't up yet when you checked. I wanted to buy a ticket from Valenca to Porto, and I had to wait until about a month before my departure date - and even when the date showed up as available, it was another day before the actual departure times appeared and I could buy my ticket.

It's worth sorting this out: Rede Expressos doesn't allow you to buy a ticket on the bus, you need to buy it in advance.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Metro from the Airport to Jardim Zoologico, the Sete Rios bus station for Fatima is there. You can buy tickets there. We also bought tickets from Fatima in the bus station while there.

Thanks everyone. I think there was an issue with the computer I was trying to use last night. Maybe things weren't loading correctly. Somehow this morning I was able to find and purchase the tickets on my phone just fine.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back