• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

NEED HELP with trying to get from airport to my 1st stop

Jessica pereira

Time of past OR future Camino
june 30 2015
hello all!

I am so excited to start my journey! I am flying from JFK NYC on June 28 and flying into Madrid. How do I get from the airport to Ponte De Lima??!! I am 26 female and its a bit intimidating travelling alone so I need all the help I can get.
so my questions are........
how do I get from Madrid to Porte De Lima?
&
how do I get from Santiago to Madrid?

Many thanks in advance:)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
hello all!

I am so excited to start my journey! I am flying from JFK NYC on June 28 and flying into Madrid. How do I get from the airport to Ponte De Lima??!! I am 26 female and its a bit intimidating travelling alone so I need all the help I can get.
so my questions are........
&

Many thanks in advance:)
Hi Jessica, I am walking in Portugal late August for 7 days and I am flying from Santiago back to Madrid with Iberia airlines fight is 1hr 15 mins...

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi.
Check skyscanner, expedia and other such services for alternatives.
Flights from NYC-JFK to Porto will give routes via Madrid but also Milan and other places. You can also check alternatives from for example Newark.

Whatever option you take to cross the Atlantic, to get to Ponte de Lima your best way is to land in Porto.
If you have 8-10 days available for walking then you can start there (depending on your fitness level).

From Santiago, train or flight. If booked in advance flight is best option.

&
Have you looked at https://www.rome2rio.com/ ? It is not all inclusive but does give a lot of options on traveling from one place to another world wide including estimated cost. It give 7 different options for just the Madrid to Porte de Lima section!!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back