• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Need hotel recommendation for Oviedo

LauraK

Time of past OR future Camino
Leon-Santiago (2004) Roncesvalles-Leon (2006) Camino Frances (2012) Kumano Kodo-Japan (2014) Camino Sanabres/Salamanca-Santiago (March 2015) Camino Del Salvador and Camino Primativo (Oct 2015)
in Pola de Lena and will be finishing the Camino del Salvador tomorrow and starting Primitivo on Tuesday. It will be raining all day tomorrow and I desperately need to do laundry. I will probably get in late after 31km. Can anyone recommend a hotel, pension or somewhere I will be able to get my clothes washed and dried?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi I stayed at Room Mate Marcos for 2 nights. Caveda, 23, 33002 Oviedo, Spain
Do NOT stay at the creepy, scary Albergue Villa Cecilia. Buen camino!

Hostal Arcos very near tourist info. If full they will recommend another hostal not far away, I forget the name.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Woo hoo, Laura, you have walked the Salvador. Can't wait to hear how it went for you. About Oviedo, there's a long relatively recent thread on this topic, and I think the bottom line is --

for nice not exorbitant hotel, Hotel Vetusta

for a good pension, Hostal Alvarez (I have stayed in Los ARcos many times and had always recommended it highly, but some of these comments plus a recent price rise means I'll be trying the Alvarez next time I'm there).

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/where-to-stay-in-oviedo.31639/#post-277332

Hotel Blue
Longoria Plaza
Really.nice
stayed there oct 1st this year
Booked via hotel and was 50 euro with breakfast.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi I stayed at Room Mate Marcos for 2 nights. Caveda, 23, 33002 Oviedo, Spain
Do NOT stay at the creepy, scary Albergue Villa Cecilia. Buen camino!
I stayed at Room Mate Marcos too, very nice hotel and good location!
Was in Oviedo last month.

Two ideas on the main drag for a simple pension, but doubt they have laundry:

At the top of calle Uria, across from the train station, à suggestion from Laurie: Hostal Oviedo (#43).

Mis way down calle Uria, near the McD, and across the street from the Corte Ingles, pension Romero (#36-38).

25 to 30€ for a single.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back