• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Need to buy a Poncho in Leon

chax

Hi !!

I am off tomorrow to Madrid ... looking forward to my second Camino but unfortunately this time i will start from Leon due to restricted vacation leave.

I had a look at the weather forecast and it seems it will rain starting mid week. Is there somewhere where i can get a poncho from when in Leon or in Madrid??

Buen Camino everyone :D

chax

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
One of the largest department store chains in Spain is El Cortes Ingles - they have branches in Madrid and Leon.
Look out especially for the ALTUS rain poncho.

There´s a hunting and fishing store in the old section of Leon that carries Altus products; it is family run and I find it much more customer-oriented than the soulless corporate attitude you get at El Corte Ingles. It´s called Armeria Castro, it´s at No. 7 Calle Rua. Make a right off Calle Ancha right at the intersection by the big Palacio de Guzmanes/Gaudi building. The store is on the left, you gotta keep a sharp eye out to see it. (it´s very near to the Benedictine pilgrim hostel, matter O fact.)

Enjoy Leon!
Reb.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Back