Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Need to buy a Poncho in Leon

chax

Hi !!

I am off tomorrow to Madrid ... looking forward to my second Camino but unfortunately this time i will start from Leon due to restricted vacation leave.

I had a look at the weather forecast and it seems it will rain starting mid week. Is there somewhere where i can get a poncho from when in Leon or in Madrid??

Buen Camino everyone :D

chax

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
One of the largest department store chains in Spain is El Cortes Ingles - they have branches in Madrid and Leon.
Look out especially for the ALTUS rain poncho.

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Past OR future Camino
Many, various, and continuing.
There´s a hunting and fishing store in the old section of Leon that carries Altus products; it is family run and I find it much more customer-oriented than the soulless corporate attitude you get at El Corte Ingles. It´s called Armeria Castro, it´s at No. 7 Calle Rua. Make a right off Calle Ancha right at the intersection by the big Palacio de Guzmanes/Gaudi building. The store is on the left, you gotta keep a sharp eye out to see it. (it´s very near to the Benedictine pilgrim hostel, matter O fact.)

Enjoy Leon!
Reb.

lanval

I bought my altus jacket there, nice people.

There was a nice little restaurant just left of it that was nice as well.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads