• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Need to see a doctor in Leon

Annsan

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés - May 2022
Hi

I need help With how to get to see a dr. I haven’t been able to walk for two days due to my right foot has a lot of pain and I’m now afraid I might create or have stress fractures in my Metatarsals 😳😢
I’m heading to León today and hoping one of you have a suggestion of whom to see
Thanks so much
Buen Camino
Ann

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi

I need help With how to get to see a dr. I haven’t been able to walk for two days due to my right foot has a lot of pain and I’m now afraid I might create or have stress fractures in my Metatarsals 😳😢
I’m heading to León today and hoping one of you have a suggestion of whom to see
Thanks so much
Buen Camino
An

Hello fellow pilgrim,

in July I had to look forward for an english / german speaking clinic and found this (but don't need it, luckily):
Clinica San Francisco, C/ Marques de San Isidro, 11, Leon

As far as I remember, they offer their service in 6 foreign languages and spanish.

Hope that helps. Hope your knee get well.
Hi Annsan,
Picked this up from a previous pilgrims post in 2019.
Airfix61

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Go to the Pilgram Office. They will send you to, or suggest a doctor or a hospital emergency room. I just finished FW. I Leon a friend needed Dr. That's what he did. The hospital treated the issue and didn't charge him. Don't know if that is normal. He was very happy and touched

Hi

Thanks so much
Buen Camino
Ann
I was sick in León about 3 weeks ago and went to the Centro de Salud Jose' Aguado. I don't speak much Spanish but they were very patient and took care me right away. Very happy with them.
Good luck

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I’d start with a big pharmacy. If you don’t speak Spanish; they’ll speak good English and can point you in the right direction.

Leon has every facility known to man so you’re certain to get good care there.

Thank you all for the suggestions and for taking the time to respond. I ended up going to the HM hospital by the Cathedral and was looked after by a translator. ( just what you wrote @trecile ) Good news is that it doesn’t seem to be a stress fracture in my metatarsal but it is tendinitis for sure. This will be it for this time on the Camino
Buen Camino
Ann

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...
We are leaving to do the whole Camino Frances in a week. I have two corns on my right foot that are becoming very painful - I have had them for years with little issue but over the last month with...
I’ve been trying to decide on a fitness regime in preparation for the Camino, but upon reviewing this board, YouTube, etc, there’s an overwhelming array of suggestions and programs, but I’m less...
I am a CPAP user, and would need to bring my machine as I need it at night during the Camino. I have a regular size Resmed (without the water chamber). My plan is - to pack it in the CPAP...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.