• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Needing some tech help (or maybe just searching help)— albergue lists

peregrina2000

Staff member
In preparation for the forum Levante zoom, I’ve been searching around to get more recent information on albergues, services, etc.

I came across this terrific document from 2017.

When I saw it I immediately recognized the format— @LTfit and I had used a document produced by the same group for the Camino Catalán. The pilgrims association of L’Hospitalet de Llobregat for some reason has a lot of good lists on some obscure caminos. But I can’t find it on their website!

Since the link I posted above suggested that the Levante is upload number 11 from 2017, I thought maybe I could find the list by going to

http://www.peregrinoslh.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/.

But this screen shot shows you what I found. Now it looks like there are actually 12 lists of services and accommodations, and I would love to see what they are. If anyone can help, I would be very grateful!

Here is the home page of the association group, but for the life of me I cannot find what I think must be a list of 12 pdfs similar to the ones I linked to above.

Buen camino, Laurie

4E5EC201-1E79-4EE5-B44B-C7F238E69BC8.png

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The "11" in "/uploads/2017/11/" isn't indicating a version number. It is the month the document was uploaded to their site. As best as I can tell, that is the most recent version available on the site.

Or am I misunderstanding what you are looking for?

FYI, you can do a Google search for all PDF files available on their site that contain the word 'levante' using the following search query (just paste it into Google's search box):

Code:
site:http://www.peregrinoslh.com/ filetype:pdf levante

@peregrina2000 you can click on each of the hyperlinks in your directory listing. The following had additional files: 08, 09, 10, 11, and 12.

http://www.peregrinoslh.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/.

I am not sure any of the directories will contain different versions or similar files. They maybe just be different directories with different files.

Buena suerte! 👣 :D:cool:

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you everyone! I had just clicked on the first two folders in the directory listing and assumed the links weren’t working, but maybe it was just that those links were empty folders. :D

There are some great lists in there, for some of the less publicized caminos, like Torres, Sagunto, Mendocino, a veritable treasure chest. Thank you one and all!

Hola Laurie, my two cents are: that looks like an old FTP listing, basic, but functional, when interfaces were simple and required small exchange of bits between systems. That is what it reminds me of, the technology that was common 25 years ago.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Actually, it is just the default directory structure that WordPress blogs (which is what that site is constructed with) uses when saving uploaded files. WordPress has been around for a while, but it is still a modern, popular platform for websites. The directories are presented in a similar style to what you would often see with FTP but in this case FTP isn't involved (it's purely HTTP).

That said, a plain display of directories looks kind of boring today, just as it would have 25 years ago! :)

[For the avoidance of doubt, this is intended as a humorous post by someone who is far from down with the kids].
🤣 😂 🙃

Coming to this late, and I would be no help anyway. But it's really good to see how much info is out there and easily accessible regardless of format.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.