A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Negreira restaurant

KRA2018

Camino(s) past & future
Frances- 2017
Santiago- Finisterre (2018)
After a wonderful Camino Frances last year I am returning to spend a few days finishing the walk. I am starting walking from Santiago - Finisterre on my birthday and wondered if anyone could suggest a nice place to eat my evening birthday meal in Negreira. Somewhere a solo female with almost zero Spanish would feel comfortable. Casa Barqueiro looks amazing but some reviews have suggested it is not as welcoming. I don’t mean to turn this into a tripadvisor type forum post but I wondered if there were any recommendations

Advertisment

mspath

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
As for food in Negreira the Cafe Bar Imperial has a very tasty and copious menu del dia. Here is their web--http://www.barimperial.es/cms/. The friendly barman/owner is English and his wife Spanish. Years past at lunch in winter I was often the only other woman in the place, but they graciously made me feel at home.
It is a good, simple place.

KRA2018

Camino(s) past & future
Frances- 2017
Thank you so much for your reply. Bar imperial I was my first choice but I noticed that on Saturday it is not open until 8pm ( I arrive on a Saturday in April most probably jet lagged and tired after first day of walking) I know the Spanish eat late and I may have a siesta then go exploring later in the evening. I am grateful for your recommendation

Scott...O

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP-Leon (15)
SJPdP-SdC-Finisterre-Muxia (16)
Lisbon-SdC (17)

Le Puy-Pamplona (18)
If this type of food appeals to you, you could try Bar O Coton, Calle Cachurra, 9.
In any event, enjoy your birthday...

CC819EDB-E485-4B3F-86AB-3B1D72F350B3.jpeg

SabineP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
After a wonderful Camino Frances last year I am returning to spend a few days finishing the walk. I am starting walking from Santiago - Finisterre on my birthday and wondered if anyone could suggest a nice place to eat my evening birthday meal in Negreira. Somewhere a solo female with almost zero Spanish would feel comfortable. Casa Barqueiro looks amazing but some reviews have suggested it is not as welcoming. I don’t mean to turn this into a tripadvisor type forum post but I wondered if there were any recommendations

Casa Barquiero is super welcoming and friendly! Very refined! They are in the Michelin guide
Recommended! You won't be dissapointed.
Had the best grilled vegetables there.

Enjoy!

Advertisment

rappahannock_rev

Anglican Catholic Priest
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Lourdes, Burgos & SdeC 77; Frances 12, 15 & 17; Finisterre 17; Lourdes, Aragones 18
Was going to recommend A Esmorga, where I had a good mid-day-meal experience. Yummy prawns!

But, from what I can see on the 'Net the Cafe Bar Imperial might be a better choice. I suspect that after dark A Esmorga might get a bit too lively/rowdy/loud/etc., at least for an old guy like me.

KRA2018

Camino(s) past & future
Frances- 2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply - it is a toss up between bar imperial ( late dinner) or Casa Barquiero ( late lunch) I am sure my feet and tiredness level - and availability will decide on the day. Thank you

Most read today

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.5%
  • June