• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Never occured to me to go the post office for credencial stamp

Helen1

Time of past OR future Camino
London to Santiago (2014)
Narbonne to Oloron (2015)
Camino Portugues (2016)
Sentier Cathar (2017)
"Every post office has a stamp for your Credencial, and many of them have special stamps we have designed with relevant monuments or events of that particular place. Thus, your Pilgrim's Passport will become the best of souvenirs of all the places you could see and visit on the Camino. Here you have a gallery of the main tourist stamps related to the Camino that you can find in our offices:"
http://elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/sellos-credencial.php

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
In 2017 I played a escape room in Pontevedra while walking the camino Portugues. The lady at the reception was radiant to stamp our credential. "We've had the stamp made for other documents, but being on the camino I always wondered if someday a pilgrim would ask for it. Thanks for taking us with you."
It is a bit of a boring stamp (just name and number, very business-like), but she was so happy to put it in a credential that I quite like it.

"Every post office has a stamp for your Credencial, and many of them have special stamps we have designed with relevant monuments or events of that particular place. Thus, your Pilgrim's Passport will become the best of souvenirs of all the places you could see and visit on the Camino. Here you have a gallery of the main tourist stamps related to the Camino that you can find in our offices:"
Often worth trying the Guarda Civil. Some can be a bit grumpy, but many are OK.

The local ajuntamiento is pretty much always equipped with a stamp.

University reception desks. 100%

If you’re in Madrid on the CdM, try your embassy or consulate - but expect it to take upwards of an hour and involve multiple levels of security. I got the British stamp, but it took a lot of explaining.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If you’re in Madrid on the CdM, try your embassy or consulate - but expect it to take upwards of an hour and involve multiple levels of security. I got the British stamp, but it took a lot of explaining.
Having worked in an Embassy before, I can totally say that yes, it would probably be a long but interesting experience.

Besides the Embassies in Madrid, many countries have Consulates in Barcelona, if someone is walking around there.

Often worth trying the Guarda Civil. Some can be a bit grumpy, but many are OK.

The local ajuntamiento is pretty much always equipped with a stamp.

University reception desks. 100%

Yes, in Logroño, capital of La Rioja Autonomous Community, I went into the capital / government building .... but felt immediately that it was a mistake, (it felt very serious, there was a fair amount of security and i felt out of place in my camino gear). In the lobby you have to exit a different door than where you enter; I sought help from a uniformed man behind the security desk, at which point I thought, I'll just ask... nothing to lose, and he quite enthusiastically indicated that of course they stamp credencials, and this being the capital of La Rioja, it would be an important/impressive stamp to obtain. All that 'seriousness' that I mistakenly perceived quickly evaporated since he was almost more excited than I was to have this stamp. It made my day.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Almost any business in spain will have a sello behind the counter if you really 'need' one. How about a random one from the ALSA desk at the estacion de autobuses? The lady was surprised but happy to be asked for one..

Attachments

• 20210108_091300.jpg
    20210108_091300.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.