• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New accomodation from Santiago to Finnisterre and Muxia

As part of my Camino Frances Journey recently, I finished up at Muxia in late October.

There are two great new accommodations* not listed in the 2012 Brierley from Santiago onwards which you must stay at! (plus some other recommendations)

Here is where I stayed:

Negreira Albergue San Jose; wonderful, fairly new, peaceful, we paid 15E each for 2 beds in one room!

Santa Marina
– Casa Pepa Albergue Bar*: brand spanking new, spotless, modern facilities, one room with singles as well as bunks in renovated traditional stone house above bar with fireplace. Friendly owners, great cooking. Very small village with owners parents and inlaws coming in from the milking and farming and having a laugh.

Logoso
(nearly 2kms past Olveira) – O’Logoso Albergue Bar*, just opened, bright shiny, spotlessly clean and great. Another tiny village with no other facilities, very friendly owner and parents who run the nearby pensione A’Pedra. Delicious food in the bar which is attached to the albergue. Great views as up on ridge. Good value, 12E and one of the best nights I had en route.

Cee – I stayed at Estella and would not stay here again. Windowless basement, no atmosphere and Manager who was not great. I heard that nearby Finisterra Albergue in Corcubion was good and sea views. Corcubion is much nicer, atmospheric and Cee is not very picturesque.

7kms before Finnisterre – Playa De Estorde hotel, on the Camino route, absolute waterfront, on the beach!! You cant miss the thatched umbrellas! I had intended on staying the night at Finnisterra but it was sunshiny and location idyllic; when the owner said 25E! (seeing I was a pilgrim) I couldn’t believe it so stayed. Spent whole day on beach. Room had massive bathroom, spa bath, windows directly facing crashing waves and palm trees!! They make their money by charging 17E for the menu del dia bit you can order a massive ensalada with the lot for 10E, and wine, as usual, was cheap and good.

Finnisterre – Finistellae Albergue – small but clean and friendly owners, kitchen, nearby supermercado and beach. From memory, 15E

Muxia – The be all of all Albergues – Bella Muxia, 15E – exceptional, interesting, intelligent art and commentary, spacious, light, clean and the beautiful Angel and Celia who manage it, so friendly and helpful. I cried when I left Muxia, it is so special and the albergue the best

Carantona – I then journeyed to Tracy Saunder’s A Casa Do Raposito/The Little Fox House for some post Camino R&R, about 9kms from the Camino at Merexo past Muxia. Staying here is minimum 2 nights and by donation . Tracy has walked the Camino several times and is an author and historian on the Way. If you are interesting in discussing and critiquing the history of the Camino Frances and Catholicism, and the local area and its churches, you can’t go past staying here and Tracy’s indepth knowledge. Very relaxing and gorgeous little traditional stone house with lots of fascinating chats.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for that information! My Wife and I are intending to complete the walk from Santiago de Compostela to Finisterre and the issue of accomodation has been of concern to us so thank you!

Most read last week in this forum

yesterday a very dear friend passed away, a wonderful lady I have known since I started working in the Middle East 15 years ago (she was Muslim- only writing that as it was strange to others she...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back