• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Albergue at Camping Mougas, Oia

Time of past OR future Camino
From Braga to Santiago.
I was at the inauguration of a new albergue on the Portuguese Coastal Way last night. This is at Camping Mougas see www.campingmougas.es between Oia and Baiona on the camino sometimes referred to as the Camino Monacal. It's free for pilgrims to stay subject to making a donation to the local Oia Council's Food Bank like a 1kg of rice etc. You can buy something in the Campsite shop. It will run by Xabier Garrido who is a local artist,an expert on the abundance of local petroglyths in the area,a fisherman, jack of all trades...who is also creating a botanical garden in the grounds ! He really is a great guy so you can expect a very warm welcome (the owner Daniel is also really friendly and helpful) to make up for the lack of English.
There are 40 bunk bedspaces arranged in two sleeping rooms of 2o bedspaces each complete with covered mattress covers, pillow covers,a sheet and blanket, with nice showers, power points and laundry room as well as outside drying facilities. Facilities include access to campsite facilities with reception,groucer's shop, cafeteria (open for breakfast at 7.30am)and restaurant, Wi-Fi,games room,sports spaces,saltwater pool and playground. There is also a camping area for tents,caravans and self contained bungalows or apartments for a maximum of 6 people.
Really great place to stay as an alternative to the private albergue in the Port of Mougas, Aguncheiro. Pilgrims will appreciate there are currently few albergues from here until Redondela except Pazo de Pias in Ramallosa and my mate's Luis Freixo's albergue near Vigo despite passing Baiona, Nigran and Vigo .

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi We are on the Camino and wanted to warn our fellow travellers to stay away from O MUINO camping/ bungalow Park. They have signs on the road from Mougas saying pilgrim breakfast available...
I seem to recall reading somewhere that some of the Hotels or Pensions may have pilgrim rates that are lower than what you see on booking.com? If this is true how common is this and do you...
Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️ I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September. I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back