Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New albergue between Castroverde and Lugo

jennysa

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2011,2012 2013,2014, 2015 Aragones 2012, 2017 2018 Via Francigena 2016,2017 Primitivo 2018,2019
Good news for anyone walking the Primitivo in August is that a new albergue is opening up at Vilar DE Cas - 15 kms from Lugo probably mid August. Contact number is 628298805. Until then they are jusr selling coffee, tea, cold drinks, fruit etc. The distance from Cadavor to the albergue in Lugo is 32 km so a half way stop would be great.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Useful information as that stretch seems tricky for those of us not wanting excessive distances. Wondering if you have any information about the Pension Cortes (in Castroverde?)? I can't find any contact details for it. Many thanks

Useful information as that stretch seems tricky for those of us not wanting excessive distances. Wondering if you have any information about the Pension Cortes (in Castroverde?)? I can't find any contact details for it. Many thanks
Hi, Sue, Here's the phone and address: https://www.gronze.com/galicia/lugo/castroverde/pension-cortes

There's also now an albergue there as well. It's a newly built wooden building and the town got a lot of flack from those who wondered why they didn't rehab an existing empty building (of which there are many in Castroverde). I have stayed in the pensión, it's fine, nothing special. I like to walk from Fonsagrada to Castroverde instead of stopping in Cadavo -- that way the day into Lugo is about 8 kms shorter and gives you a couple more hours to enjoy Lugo, which is an awfully nice place.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Dear Peregrina
Many thanks from one of your Camino fans! It was because of your blog I had read about Pension Cortes. Your off-road Coastal alternatives are brilliant. We luddite 3 CAmigos are currently grappling with understanding managing offline maps etc, but do you think a GPS is really necessary? If anyone sees us along the way (starting end August assuming dodgy knees/shins behave) we're the Pilgrims carrying the encyclopaedia of walking notes......

Johnnie Walker's updated guide is also very useful. You can get the e-version from Amazon for your phone.

Hi, Sue, Here's the phone and address: https://www.gronze.com/galicia/lugo/castroverde/pension-cortes

There's also now an albergue there as well. It's a newly built wooden building and the town got a lot of flack from those who wondered why they didn't rehab an existing empty building (of which there are many in Castroverde). I have stayed in the pensión, it's fine, nothing special. I like to walk from Fonsagrada to Castroverde instead of stopping in Cadavo -- that way the day into Lugo is about 8 kms shorter and gives you a couple more hours to enjoy Lugo, which is an awfully nice place.
My friends stay
My friends stayed there last night and enjoyed it. I left them there and walked to Lugo. I stayed in a brand new albergue - Hostel Cross. 15 euros but you can book ahead and it is very good.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Johnnie Walker's updated guide is also very useful. You can get the e-version from Amazon for your phone.

Ah, but Luddites like me don’t use smart phones. Safe home, Jenny. I enjoyed meeting you along the way.

Trying to place you but no p
Ah, but Luddites like me don’t use smart phones. Safe home, Jenny. I enjoyed meeting you along the way.
Trying to place you but no photo. The Irish couple?

No, but I did meet them later in Lugo. I’m the cyclist who kept crossing your path, and you’re the first forum member I met on this journey.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back